Thread: They listened

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

They listened

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...285?page=7#139

Thanks again for all of your feedback. We’ve been discussing it heavily, and are going to make a few more changes.

First, we’re going to make the remaining non-set armor pieces available on the Conquest vendors. They’ll still be available through the Champion’s Strongboxes, but if you’d rather not leave earning them up to random chance, you’ll be able to purchase them for Conquest points instead. With this change, the only items that will only be available through the Champion’s Strongboxes are the random-stat Accolade trinkets (which cannot be put on the vendors due to some technical hurdles). We're aiming to make this change with this upcoming weekly reset.

Note that, as a result of this change taking place, we no longer plan to make the Champion’s Strongboxes purchasable with Conquest points for players who have earned the Wild Conquest achievement. Since nearly all of the items in the Strongboxes will be directly purchasable with Conquest points themselves, we feel that this would just add unnecessary frustration or confusion if players were to spend their Conquest on a Strongbox instead of just buying the item they wanted.

The other change we’ll be making is to remove the Ashran-only 200 Conquest point bonus to the weekly Conquest cap. The total cap (1700 plus any additional bonuses from rating) will remain the same as it is currently, you just won’t have to go to Ashran to earn all of it. We're hoping to push this change live with this week's reset, but it requires a lot more programming and testing to make sure it's functioning properly, so it may not go live until the following week.

Again, thanks for all the heartfelt feedback on this issue. We’ve definitely learned a lot of very valuable lessons, and are looking forward to seeing how the rest of Warlords Season 2 progresses!
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Deleted
    Doesn't save PvP or Ashran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Misread that the only items available through the strong boxes would be trinkets at first, but they're just the only exclusive ones.

This makes no difference to me, since I like ashran, just got to hope mercenary will allow those of us on bad battlegroups for our factions to win for once.

Thank god never have to step foot in ashran, no BiS gear no bonus conquest holy shit they finally did something intelligent.

It is a awesome patch, the cancer of wow pvp is finally dead. It took almost a year to get it through though.

Makes me much more interested about the Q2 numbers - are they really that bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It is a awesome patch, the cancer of wow pvp is finally dead. It took almost a year to get it through though.

Makes me much more interested about the Q2 numbers - are they really that bad?
    Pvp will never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Pvp will never die.
    Read the post again
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Thank god never have to step foot in ashran, no BiS gear no bonus conquest holy shit they finally did something intelligent.
    You still have a few weeks of suffering since you'll be lagging behind on potential upgrades. But good change nonetheless

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to give credit to Blizzard for finally getting rid of the secondary conquest point cap besides arena. Seriously, kudos to them for that. Unfortunately it took them waaaaay too long and shouldn't have been included in the first place, but at least they're doing something.

it was fine for me before the changes, it will be even better after. thanks blizz

Took only 8.5 months, too.

Maybe in 2 years or so they will disable racials.

Seriously, it's good that they finally caved, but it's terrible that they are such idiots that it took them this long. They are slow and stubborn beyond belief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Took only 8.5 months, too.

Maybe in 2 years or so they will disable racials.

Seriously, it's good that they finally caved, but it's terrible that they are such idiots that it took them this long. They are slow and stubborn beyond belief.
    We invented new technologys and we are no able to disable Racials in unrated/rated pvp scenarios. D:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Removed the Ashran-only 200 Conquest Point.
    http://i.imgur.com/frnXxyM.gifv
    No more Ashran grinding!
    But that's a kinda sad also... I wanted a big BG with a sense, like WG or TB, Ashran just... sucks.

That's a good change, but if they want to have better PvP they still need to do a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    We invented new technologys and we are no able to disable Racials in unrated/rated pvp scenarios. D:
    Why disabling? Let's just delete them or give EMFH to everyone.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2015-07-25 at 10:49 AM.

No more Ashran! Atleast not this season. Love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    This gives hope for the next expansion.

I had no problem with the 200 conquest from Ashran, but that's cool. What I'm really happy with is the gear being available on the vendor! No more praying RNG for gear!

"They listened". Ashran is still terrible PvE, and for pvpers it's still sept 2012, the last time we got anything.

So they did less then nothing, they gave us ashran, it failed, and they took away the req to go in every week. And people are happy.

We still need to farm Ashran for Broken Bones and Gladiator's sanctum titles since wold PvP is dead :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    "They listened". Ashran is still terrible PvE, and for pvpers it's still sept 2012, the last time we got anything.

So they did less then nothing, they gave us ashran, it failed, and they took away the req to go in every week. And people are happy.
    At least they indirectly admitted it failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    At least they indirectly admitted it failed.
    Yea after forcing us into it for almost a year. The only positive thing to come from WoD: I have time to play more video games. Mmo's have been eating my game time since ultima, thanks to blizzard destroying the genre and fucking it's own game up im finally finishing up some old games. All stars in all the marios and maxing summons/materia/espers/combos in other old rpgs. I finally got a legit lavis cannon in Phantasy star online, thanks bliiiiizz.