Thread: They listened

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prosthetic Orc View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...285?page=7#139

Thanks again for all of your feedback. We’ve been discussing it heavily, and are going to make a few more changes.

First, we’re going to make the remaining non-set armor pieces available on the Conquest vendors. They’ll still be available through the Champion’s Strongboxes, but if you’d rather not leave earning them up to random chance, you’ll be able to purchase them for Conquest points instead. With this change, the only items that will only be available through the Champion’s Strongboxes are the random-stat Accolade trinkets (which cannot be put on the vendors due to some technical hurdles). We're aiming to make this change with this upcoming weekly reset.

Note that, as a result of this change taking place, we no longer plan to make the Champion’s Strongboxes purchasable with Conquest points for players who have earned the Wild Conquest achievement. Since nearly all of the items in the Strongboxes will be directly purchasable with Conquest points themselves, we feel that this would just add unnecessary frustration or confusion if players were to spend their Conquest on a Strongbox instead of just buying the item they wanted.

The other change we’ll be making is to remove the Ashran-only 200 Conquest point bonus to the weekly Conquest cap. The total cap (1700 plus any additional bonuses from rating) will remain the same as it is currently, you just won’t have to go to Ashran to earn all of it. We're hoping to push this change live with this week's reset, but it requires a lot more programming and testing to make sure it's functioning properly, so it may not go live until the following week.

Again, thanks for all the heartfelt feedback on this issue. We’ve definitely learned a lot of very valuable lessons, and are looking forward to seeing how the rest of Warlords Season 2 progresses!
    In all honesty, the fact that they lifted the 200 conquest from ashran tells me those sub losses from Q2 might have been big. People have been asking for that 200 conquest to be removed forever and I feel like they removed it to slow down sub losses ultimately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Res03 View Post
    In all honesty, the fact that they lifted the 200 conquest from ashran tells me those sub losses from Q2 might have been big. People have been asking for that 200 conquest to be removed forever and I feel like they removed it to slow down sub losses ultimately.
    Not everything is because of subscription losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Res03 View Post
    They figured out they no longer have to care about subs. They have new projects, and wow is old. Wow has it's base, even if only a small % of the base comes back every expansion, it's still shitting money.
    It's not about subs. It's about the players. People will see this as a good thing, a "good idea", when in actuality they did less then nothing. It's marketing fucking genius is what it is.

Subs are players......

Such is life they make the changes people have been asking for and there is still so much complaining about it. The good news is with a change like this it shows they have realized forcing players to do content like ashran to get conquest is bad. So the chance they will do it again is low. They've also realized pvpers are really not into the RNG thing so they toned it down a ton. These are all good changes and lessons learned that will help them not make the same mistakes again.

I am still waiting to see what there solutions to faction imbalance with rated play and any racial changes they plan to make. I imagine stuff like that will be more of a blizzcon panel then a 6.2.1 thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice that they're making the changes, but it's too little too late for a lot of people. I dropped out of WoD PvP about halfway through season one. I need to go back into Ashran at some point to see if they fixed the bug with undead brains not dropping, so I can finish that one achievement, but otherwise no more WoD PvP for me.

They effectively made their "glorified" and utterly ridiculous Ashran a Ghost town. Once the see the results of the latest move, the can't help but get the msg about how much of an epic fail Ashran turned out to be.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    This gives hope for the next expansion.
    That easy for you huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    too little too late.

It took them the best part of a year to listen to feedback they have been getting constantly for the best part of a year.. It's not really a victory in so much as it's an example how things simply don't get done at Blizzard, they don't have a methodical or practical way of doing things.. They have such a slow reaction time with changes, and such an often misguided or misinterpreted viewpoint that they're constantly behind the times or missing the detail.

It's just an example to prove that if something is wrong in the future, you can't realistically expect it to be fixed while it's still relevant. Ashran is a damn ghost town compared to before, the ship has long sailed and all this change does is finally allow that cement to set on the gravestone.

Ashran was already a ghosttown, now they made a change they should have made a long time ago, but with it they no longer force people into Ashran, effectively killing it off for the most part.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    They effectively made their "glorified" and utterly ridiculous Ashran a Ghost town. Once the see the results of the latest move, the can't help but get the msg about how much of an epic fail Ashran turned out to be.
    It is still free honor and conquest, everyone's alts and people who hate arenas will be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

it is still free gear weekly as well, no? the strong box still drops loot for people that do it, thus making it mandatory for the elitists/dedicated players and mains.

- - - Updated - - -

as well as the bis trinkets.

" Total Conquest cap remains unchanged, but characters no longer need to go to Ashran to earn all of it."

So basicly they listened to the players who dont want to do X again...

Deleted
    static trinks were the only reason i was happy for this change now i still need to do ashran for BiS trinket yay.