Page 1 of 3
LastLast

hmmm i thinkthis isnt right

hmmm i thinkthis isnt right
    Last edited by Sussex; 2015-08-04 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    normal

no ranged class can beat a warlock in 1v1, unless the warlock is stupid

Some specs of hunter can be problematic if they know how to prevent you from spamming Drain Life. (Feign out, Explosive Trap to interrupt, Pet stun, counter shot, and rotate them). Playing both a BM hunter and an Afflock though - ive run into maybe two or three hunters who knew what to do.

That's about it though.

Though i do enjoy wrecking Afflocks (when on my hunter) who are like "har har, Hunter, free kill", because ive played a lock so long i know exactly how to ruin their day.

No you're doing nothing wrong. Nothing you can do about it as a moonkin. If it is any consolation the drain life immortality goes down the toilet the moment the warlock has a melee on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Some specs of hunter can be problematic if they know how to prevent you from spamming Drain Life. (Feign out, Explosive Trap to interrupt, Pet stun, counter shot, and rotate them). Playing both a BM hunter and an Afflock though - ive run into maybe two or three hunters who knew what to do.

That's about it though.

Though i do enjoy wrecking Afflocks (when on my hunter) who are like "har har, Hunter, free kill", because ive played a lock so long i know exactly how to ruin their day.
    like I said only stupid warlocks fall for something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    As a boomy I can't seem to kill any warlock that has drain life keybound.

Is this normal or am I just doing something wrong?
    Can he kill you though?

Hey ! try a warrior vs a feral druid. hahahahahahaha -_-

Quote Originally Posted by quitefrankly View Post
    Can he kill you though?
    And there's the rub.

No way the afflock can kill a boomkin unless he's stupid enough to stick around and not self heal.

And there's the rub.

No way the afflock can kill a boomkin unless he's stupid enough to stick around and not self heal.
    It's kinda funny, most pvp matches, you engaged, one tries to flee, and the other will chase to the ends of Azeroth to kill them. Unless Aff vs Boom, they don't even dismount, they just keep going cuz it's pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Yea those damn affliction locks.. so OP. Especially trying to get one dot off when you are getting beat on by a DK or warrior and you are dead in 10 seconds and all they do is strangulate you or mind freeze you over and over, or warrior reflects all your dots back on you and you just sit there waiting to die.

Talk about wanting to pull your hair out.

7+ Year Old Account
    cyclone and call for help.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Yea those damn affliction locks.. so OP. Especially trying to get one dot off when you are getting beat on by a DK or warrior and you are dead in 10 seconds and all they do is strangulate you or mind freeze you over and over, or warrior reflects all your dots back on you and you just sit there waiting to die.

Talk about wanting to pull your hair out.
    Well thats the other part of being an Afflock. You're a punching bag for any class with halfway decent control and front-loaded damage.

If you spend 3/4 of the fight unable to land spells, and they dish out 30-50K+ per global, you're never going to live long enough as Aff to kill them solo.

Its part of what i hate about the way the game is designed. If i have to live 90+ seconds to kill you, i should have the tools available to survive that long if i play well. Right now... there's no kiting, no escaping, and no casting when a mongo is parked on your face.

Well thats the other part of being an Afflock. You're a punching bag for any class with halfway decent control and front-loaded damage.

If you spend 3/4 of the fight unable to land spells, and they dish out 30-50K+ per global, you're never going to live long enough as Aff to kill them solo.

Its part of what i hate about the way the game is designed. If i have to live 90+ seconds to kill you, i should have the tools available to survive that long if i play well. Right now... there's no kiting, no escaping, and no casting when a mongo is parked on your face.
    This is why some classes are complete garbage without a healer but with a pocket healer or someone to help them get away from cc they can own faces. Kind of like warrior.. decent solo at best but with a healer on them they just are a wrecking ball of damage and jumping all over the battle field.

Deleted
    use the 795 ring

Quote Originally Posted by bombayshow View Post
    Hey ! try a warrior vs a feral druid. hahahahahahaha -_-
    Lol feral druids "hi gais I still haz insane mobility while you're all nerfed... DERP".
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    its pretty funny double demon soul is still in the game with SB haunt existing ^^ just saying.. double demon soul........is still in the game. wtf.

should really be 'makes your DS 50% longer' or something and that would STILL be insane given the state of them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    its pretty funny double demon soul is still in the game with SB haunt existing ^^ just saying.. double demon soul........is still in the game. wtf.

should really be 'makes your DS 50% longer' or something and that would STILL be insane given the state of them right now.
    put a melee with one stun and one interrupt on them that does decent damage per global.

Watch afflock DPS plumment to near zero as they spam drain life to try to stay alive.

Winning.

Afflocks are so easy to shut down its appalling.

Its like complaining about how hard back to back to back Chaos Bolts hit - you let that guy freecast 10+ incinerates first. You deserve it.

Deleted
    key word being 1v1 honestly boomkin is terrible in 1v1 unless the stars align and you RNG someones face off

Deleted
    Yeah affliction got buffs it did not need. Very annoying to duel.

Deleted
    That's exactly why locks were much better designed in past xpacs. If you deal damage slowly you should be tanky and able to sustain yourself with leeching, draining life and so on and that play style was a lot of fun because it involved kiting your target, timing fears off correctly and etc.

Being a caster that deals damage slowly, having no kiting or kiting tools while being extremely squishy to melee is a design flaw. I realized that Blizz was going this way a while back so I haven't played my beloved affli lock who used to be my main for a good part of the ten years I've been PvPing.

The last time I had fun on my lock was when the old Kil'jaeden's Cunning allowed us to cast while running and we could kite with Curse of Exhaustion as a caster should be able too.

When Blizz took those away we basically became hunters without the burst and none of their kiting tools. Roll a hunter and wait for another xpac for warlocks.

That's what I did.