Thread: Cheerleaders

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cheerleading isn't really a thing here, somehow that is a good thing, and I feel lucky. Though, if it was, and my child would want to practice such, then I don't mind - as long as school comes first. Seeing it as a sport though, is a bit different for me, always more seen it as just a performance show.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Of course it isn't a sport. It's an activity. People seem to need the validation of their favourite activity being called a sport - there's currently a court case here over the status of a card game and if that is also a sport.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    More of a sport than videogames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    More of a sport than videogames.
    Although I accept esports and love that they are growing I kind of agree with what you said. Anyways below are just some quick google texts taken about the views of cheerleading.

"Along with cheering on the sidelines at games, most cheerleading squads participate in heated competitions to show their athleticism. Although it is not officially defined as a sport by the NCAA or high school associations"

http://www.varsity.com/event/1262/be...erleader-sport

Now they say cheerleading is close to being a sport but isn't "officially" considered a sport which if that is the case then at least in my eyes it isn't a sport. However I would support it becoming a sport, especially if there was a bit of a competition during halfway between both teams cheerleading squads. Now if my child wanted to become a cheerleader, football player, soccer player or even become an esport player I would support my child so long as they maintain good grades first and foremost. They can join the robotics club or whatever with me and my gf agrees, just need to make sure that their grades are doing good.

7+ Year Old Account
    No that's why smart girls shouldn't drink MGD.

What would you do If your daughter said she wanted to become a cheerleader and instead of wanting a high paying job she says she wants to become an NFL cheerleader, ballerina, super model, or dancer? She also says she doesn't care about money or nice cars.

Wouldn't having a girly girl cheerleader daughter or a super masculine football loving son be the ultimate insult to intellectual parents?

What is it with you and necroing this pointless thread once a week?

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    What would you do If your daughter said she wanted to become a cheerleader and instead of wanting a high paying job she says she wants to become an NFL cheerleader, ballerina, super model, or dancer? She also says she doesn't care about money or nice cars.

Wouldn't having a girly girl cheerleader daughter or a super masculine football loving son be the ultimate insult to intellectual parents?
    I wouldn't put a ballerina in the same group as cheerleaders, models, and contemporary dancers. I'd be very proud of my daughter if she became a ballerina, as joining a good group takes years of dedication and training in very high-end academies.

Also, who says a dancer or athlete can't also be intellectual? Humans can be good at many things, which reminds me of one of my favorite Heinlein quotes:

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Competitive cheerleading is now a sport in California.
    http://abc7.com/sports/competitive-c...in-ca/1023362/

There are the science cheerleaders.
    http://www.sciencecheerleader.com/

Honestly I think it looks fun. When I was there were no boys on the team but now there are several. Perhaps cheerleading will become more than just a popularity contest for some rich girls who want to shake pom poms at football players.
    Last edited by CmdrShep2154; 2015-10-15 at 06:57 AM.

How much longer is CmdrShep2154 going to be allowed to bump this thread every 10 days or so? It's becoming quite comical at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
    How much longer is CmdrShep2154 going to be allowed to bump this thread every 10 days or so? It's becoming quite comical at this point.
    hopefully forever. cheerleader awareness must be increased!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
    He bumped it 150 times already, so when he is up to 10k posts the forum will be taken down and he will have to stop?