Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fun melee class for random battlegrounds

I'm wondering which alt to gear:

ret
    enhance
    fury warr

Which of the 3 can handle well hunters/mages/rogues?

Thanks

Deleted
    All of them will die to good hunters and mages. If played well and specced correctly they can maybe handle rogues, but still hard matchup.

Melee classes in general are less fun in BGs compared to ranged just because they die sooo quickly when they don't get healed, which you often don't get in BGs.

I noticed you didn't have a DK down on that list. Between Deathgrip / Strangulate / Chains of ice / Remorseless winter (if I'm thinking of the right move) most ranged classes will be kept close (ish). Granted I only occasionally BG and I don't Arena or play at a high end, but I find DKs pretty strong, comparatively speaking.

Of the three you mentioned though.. maybe warrior. Heroic Leap / Charge gives them quite a bit of mobility.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Ret : boring in any environement
    Enhance : you can't be serious ? crappy everywhere
    War : yes but you need a healbot

Personally i prefer playing rogue, try it, adopt it and you wont regret it

Deleted
    People are just gonna tell you to play what they themselves play...

So uhm yea, I'm gonna do just that... Play Warrior!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to be strong and self sufficient melee in random BG's you either play a rogue or death knight. Warrior if you have a pocket healer. Feral druid is pretty hot right now too.

Ret and enhance are super crap btw.

Both Ret and Enhance is really fun to play so i'd choose one of those (or both). Ret is pretty average right now though, but things always change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret and enhance are super crap btw.
    It all depends on player, team and situation in battlefield, not class solely. And in general, I disagree with Ret being that bad.

Look at this screenshot (note, I didn't queue with a premade):

http://imgur.com/LpVV0tY

Rogue/Feral and you can AFK without risking death which I find fun.

You won't be having fun as a warrior unless you like to whisper the healer every game asking to give you special attention and root dispels.
    Ret and Enhance are boring in randoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    It all depends on player, team and situation in battlefield, not class solely. And in general, I disagree with Ret being that bad.

Look at this screenshot (note, I didn't queue with a premade):

http://imgur.com/LpVV0tY
    I have read in another thread (an I don't know this personally since I don't play ret) that Ret's damage numbers are bloated, because they do a shit ton of AOE damage, but lack on focus (outside of maybe popping wings and stuff).

Correct me if I'm wrong tho.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    arms warr >>>>>>>>>>rogue>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dk >>>>>>>>>>>> everything else

10+ Year Old Account
    2Thundertom: depends what seal and talents you are playing with. But seeing my high number of kills, you can tell that I don't play with AoE build.

It is necessary to add, however, that Ret has to be an Engineer in order to succeed as much in random BGs, Ashran and World PvP. Engineering makes up for all our drawbacks. Stuff like gliders, Nitro Boosts, Shieldtronic Shield and Stealthman 54 greatly helps.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2015-07-26 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Both Ret and Enhance is really fun to play so i'd choose one of those (or both). Ret is pretty average right now though, but things always change.
    Ret fun ? dafuq O_o

Enhance is fun, but there is no fun getting destroyed by everyone in pvp.

If you play ally you can take all those.
    if you play horde dont ever take fury warrior or a retardin you should go ench!

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give you some general advice, but out of what you say I have one in mind.

Enhance Shaman has been average most if not all the time. It has decent CDs, but nothing compared to other classes, and whilst it does good AoE, really is not that strong.
    Fury Warrior is pretty decent, I play one myself as an alt and have fun with it, because it's just a general smash face spec. Not complicated, good mobility, and versatile talents. However, I will say I have a lot more fun playing my Arms Warrior than my Fury Warrior. Arms overall is must burstier, with great fun from Sweeping Strikes and Execute. Simple rotation, but overall a Warrior is good fun. However, you can be trained without a healer and die horribly.
    Ret Paladin is a versatile class. You have good offheals, decent damage and and lots of freedoms plus Bubble/LoH. The damage output is fairly strong as well, especially with the Hand of Light Mastery. It's very much a solo spec, able to do most things. It's pretty fun, but I don't think as fun as Warrior.

Overall I think Ret Paladin is probably the best out of what you suggested. All round strong, plus an excellent PVP offspec in Holy. Don't expect to get into Rated BG Groups, but it's a good spec for BG fun. If you're more interested in Rated PVP look at Warrior, especially Arms.

Just don't play a Shaman. Average at best and Elemental is usually in a poor state for OS and apparently Resto Sham is average currently.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I think Ret will give you the most of what you are looking for.

pros:
    They have awesome survivability 1v1 and dont need a healer to really carry them in randoms.
    they can dish out damage but you cant play them like a warrior/dk, you have to think about your engagements.
    after a big fight, you arent vulnerable because you can just heal back to full.
    if you want to be wanted you can always switch to holy

cons:
    you arent really wanted in any rated play as ret
    you "niche" design isnt spectacular/unseen

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My vote would go to enhance, mostly because I think it's fun (and doing well in arena atm, although not an important factor here).

How well you handle other classes in random bgs depends alot on the situation. Do you have a pocket healer? 1v1? 2v1? Group? etc..

Imo the funnest class in a BG as melee is either a DK or a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Ret : boring in any environement
    Enhance : you can't be serious ? crappy everywhere
    War : yes but you need a healbot

Personally i prefer playing rogue, try it, adopt it and you wont regret it
    Okay I totally understand the part about Ret because ret pallies are insanely boring to play. They have 4 damage buttons and they aren't even all that exciting.

But enhance? really? Crappy? What game have you been playing? They have a high skill cap and do great damage with a moderate amount of cc that you actually have to set up. Maybe they don't have an execute like every other class but they're pretty damn good especially after the slight buff they got to lava lash etc.

And Rogue is not a good suggestion either. The only viable spec is Mut which feels like you're cheating. The actual good kid spec to play is sub but it's just not as good as mut is. Mut spec feels like you're just playing a fury warrior slamming your fingers on the keyboard. But anyways my suggestion is enhance for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterra View Post
    Okay I totally understand the part about Ret because ret pallies are insanely boring to play. They have 4 damage buttons and they aren't even all that exciting.

But enhance? really? Crappy? What game have you been playing? They have a high skill cap and do great damage with a moderate amount of cc that you actually have to set up. Maybe they don't have an execute like every other class but they're pretty damn good especially after the slight buff they got to lava lash etc.

And Rogue is not a good suggestion either. The only viable spec is Mut which feels like you're cheating. The actual good kid spec to play is sub but it's just not as good as mut is. Mut spec feels like you're just playing a fury warrior slamming your fingers on the keyboard. But anyways my suggestion is enhance for sure.
    LOL? all 3 rogue specs are viable rofl and any class is gonna really shit on enh even without a brain so even ret > enh tbh

Deleted
    DK's with their op self heals and grip are very handy in RBGs