Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really abuse, it is a common task they have done for years. If a name has gone inactive (3 months after last pay), then you can without any complaint, request the name released. Not abuse, a service.

Else, I guess you called the all restore request abuse as well? Or other such mundane tasks as back in the day of getting your character restored, etc?

GM support beyond complaints are abuse to you?
    3 months to release a name? Yeah, right, because we don't get 1 year + of the same content that makes people leave the game until next xpac...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    3 months to release a name? Yeah, right, because we don't get 1 year + of the same content that makes people leave the game until next xpac...
    Someone didn't understand what was written. I mentioned the 3 months because they is normally the deadline AFTER an account goes inactive, where you could request a name unlocked. Content has nothing to do with the names or GM's. And sorry, account inactive + three months, then it is fair game really to people who can use them.

Currently, fair and permitted, I've had 6 names unlocked from inactive users - nothing wrong with that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That's a bummer on the name changing. It wasn't based on accounts being inactive, it was based on that particular character being inactive. So someone could have the name you want, play other characters and that name never is seen on your server. Blizzard will never release it now because someone is playing their account? This is a cutback in customer service - perhaps there is a happy medium and they could charge money IF the character has been inactive, just as they do with other character services?

Blizzard, please consider. This new policy seems a bit harsh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just a name,fuck sake the people on here are so sad...

Yeah, more resources.
    Well done avoiding to fix the problem.

Wait so I am confused, Lets say we stop playing like for about a year and come back. We have a chance of our name being taken? If so thats bloody stupid, I mean a lot of people quit and come back if thats a huge IF content is good again. Who the hell would want to come back with their name that they have used for 5+ years taken because some asshole wanted to steal it from you just for the hell of it.

Blizzard that sounds to me that you guys are firing people and wanting to make everything auto so cost becomes lower. Yet you make billions a year. Blizzard you are going to fall on your face soon. BTW Elder Scrolls is damn amazing compared to Wow these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razer1 View Post
    Wait so I am confused, Lets say we stop playing like for about a year and come back. We have a chance of our name being taken?
    No, you need to have not logged in for two entire expansions, so that's more like 4 years offline, not 1, before your name is at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    No, you need to have not logged in for two entire expansions, so that's more like 4 years offline, not 1, before your name is at risk.
    Ah right, that sounds a bit better. Too bad im not playing might play next exp if its any good.

I like the name change. I had someone jack a name holder from me (I didn't notice it for like 6 months) and then put in a ticket and got my name back. It was funny getting whispers from active raiders and shit haha. I'm not active on that server, so it's still rather funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I bet if you and all the others that wanted 'Legacy' servers would start a kickstarter campaign and came up with the money to PAY for it, I bet Blizzard would do it. Then we could see how many are serious about it.
    Best guess would be very, VERY few.

Your picture links are fucked up, chaud.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerryz View Post
    Maybe they should reduce the amount of resources required to build lvl 3 buildings and gold/resources to get lvl 3 garrison as its killer for newly dinged 100s at this time in the expansion.
    Last time I leveled I skipped all of Talador and got 100 half way through Spires of Arak which reduces the amount of resources that I can get unless i waste time and do every quest which is a little redundant if you are trying to get 100 fast.

Add on top of that trying to lvl up followers while you are leveling.
    This so much, especially considering you need a lv3 Garrison to start Tanaan. Every time I had considered leveling one of my alts to 100 I got discouraged because of all the stuff you need to do to get up and running, but I made myself do it recently on my Druid. Ugh, not doing that again this xpack. All I do is log in to collect GR because it's such a drag to even think about that character I can't bring myself to farm rares at 10-15GR a pop when I know I'm going to need like 20k all told. All my followers are level 90-93. My buildings are all level 1. Maybe these changes will make it tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by HiYouCanCallMeBen View Post
    You know for having probably one of the best support systems in the gaming industry, they sure are removing a tonne of reasons to contact a GM. Bullshit really.
    Probably because they want the GMs to fokus on acutal game issues and cutting the queues.

Aaaw...seems the patch is far off still.

OMG the corpse sliding bug was so creepy.

Can't forget the ship dumping you in the middle of the sea either. And no connected flight paths was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkleberryfin View Post
    This so much, especially considering you need a lv3 Garrison to start Tanaan. Every time I had considered leveling one of my alts to 100 I got discouraged because of all the stuff you need to do to get up and running, but I made myself do it recently on my Druid. Ugh, not doing that again this xpack. All I do is log in to collect GR because it's such a drag to even think about that character I can't bring myself to farm rares at 10-15GR a pop when I know I'm going to need like 20k all told. All my followers are level 90-93. My buildings are all level 1. Maybe these changes will make it tolerable.
    If resource gathering during faster levelling is the issue, why not add the lumber mill to alt garrisons? You could supplement resource collection by snagging trees in whatever zone you happen to be in.