Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do some hiit in your room most days. Eat spinach.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Carbs are the most energy dense food around. If weight loss is a goal by cutting out refined carbs from 2 to 3 of your meals you'll be cutting out a large number of calories as well.!
    Really? 1g of carbohydrate = 4 cal. 1g of fat = 9cal. Which is more dense? Wondering how valid your "research" is, and what color crayon your degree is in.

At the end of the day, effects on body composition boil down to cals in vs cals out. If you prefer to eat sugar as your primary source of carbohydrate, that's OK. In the long run it will have little effect on your NETTE physical composition. Same with sodium, or fatty foods. You might look squishier or feel bloated, but those are the temporary side effects of holding water due to an increase in blood glyc levels/sodium levels.

Eat what makes you happy. Perverse changes in diet and "eating clean" are major contributors to people falling off the wagon. My hat comes off to anyone who can maintain this lifestyle for over a year (though I'm sure trying to carry a conversation with you would get as stale as your chicken, rice and broccoli). If you eat foods you love you're far more likely to remain motivated, and on track.

If OP wants to get in better shape, or keep fit, the best way is to understand where energy (calories) come from, and how to be accountable for how much he eats.
    1g of protein is 4 cals
    1g of carb is 4 cals (fiber too)
    1g of fat is 9 cals
    1ml of alcohol is 7 cals (the elusive 4th macro) (also has the highest thermogenic response of all the macros)

One pound of bodyfat is approx. equivalent to 3500 calories. To lose one pound, you'll need to consume 3500 calories less than you expend. Loosing 2lbs/week would equal a 7000 cal deficit, or 1000 calories a day. (the opposite holds true for weight gain)

If you sit at a computer all day and are completely sedentary, you can still lose weight if you eat less than your total energy expenditure for the day. That said, you would almost be starving yourself.

My suggestion would be to set some time aside 3x week to lift, and track your caloric intake. Make sure you get your vitamins/minerals/fiber (these come from veggies, bro). Learn from experience how many calories work for you to maintain, gain, or lose weight.

But more than anything, be active. Get outside, go for a walk/jog/run/swim. Do whatever you enjoy, but be ACCOUNTABLE for how much ENERGY you intake.

The last of my 2cents! Best of luck.

Deleted
    Gym, lifting weights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dehven View Post

My suggestion would be to set some time aside 3x week to lift, and track your caloric intake. Make sure you get your vitamins/minerals/fiber (these come from veggies, bro). Learn from experience how many calories work for you to maintain, gain, or lose weight.

But more than anything, be active. Get outside, go for a walk/jog/run/swim. Do whatever you enjoy, but be ACCOUNTABLE for how much ENERGY you intake.

The last of my 2cents! Best of luck.
    All this^

A handy tool to keep track of your macro's is to use the phone app called MyFitnessPall. It lets you track your intake by manual addition or scanning barcodes and such.