Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Huh, Lazel, I just noticed you have a prot warrior...

You wouldn't happen to have any tips I can pass along to our new warrior for the Archimonde fight, do you?
    As I had mentioned in a previous post, I've watched two different warriors just get trucked. They can't seem to take the Death Brands at all, so I've resorted to always taking every Death Brand and pretty much anything remotely like magic damage for that fight =P

eh, well thanks anyways

I'll go check with the other warriors then!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    ^ Exactly this

First few pulls of Archimonde, my warrior co-tank hadn't grasped everything that was going on and I was literally tripling his damage intake. There were times I'd have the debuff, Archimonde melee AND the add on me at once because he'd literally explode with all the damage. He still died. As a DK, we're a lot more self sufficient than what you seem to think.

"certain mechanics" is part of every fight. Some DK's are just better able to twist the mechanics around to their advantage. The question becomes whether or not you're doing really stupid things that aren't a help overall to the raid.
    A fight like Mythic Tyrant i'd imagine it being near impossible to keep it up with just healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    You people should try whoring bos on Archimonde. I can already hear the excuses

''Fking healers of this guild suck, can't even keep up a tank''

:S
    If healers could keep this alive, I'm fairly sure you'd be fine with BoS
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-08-06 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    If healers could keep this alive, I'm fairly sure you could play BoS
    At first i was like; what is this. Then i pressed translate.

No words, he might as well have not run any rune talent :/
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at that log/armory, they're using
    - Plaguebearer
    - glyphed DRW
    - Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle
    and didn't even die ><

Tanking in WoD is sooooo hard :P
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2015-08-04 at 09:54 PM.

omg, hahahaha.

That's pretty damn funny. On a Mythic kill no less.

edit:
    Aaaand there's an example where using someone's "success" to base an argument on can be misleading...

Based on this, I would be a successful Blood DK using Plaguebearer, Glyphed DRW, and Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle!
    Last edited by Resurgo; 2015-08-04 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    omg, hahahaha.

That's pretty damn funny. On a Mythic kill no less.

edit:
    Aaaand there's an example where using someone's "success" to base an argument on can be misleading...

Based on this, I would be a successful Blood DK using Plaguebearer, Glyphed DRW, and Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyl!
    Could be . . .

Deleted
    I can guarantee that if Lazel -more commonly known as "BoS Master"- is defending the fact that playing without BoS is not a big deal, you should listen to him.

1. When you are playing for killing bosses, you can't chose what will your gear be on the last boss (yeah I could have 730 ilevel with 10k MS -easy as a GM- but DD DK would have been 720 shitty gear)

2. Being "Strong" with Mastery (and even Versa on some encounters) allows you to give more flexibility to your whole raid damage strategy (aka leaving one add stacking me up to 8 during Archimonde P2 and following me into P3 to avoid last shackles for exemple) and I think this is better than helping them doing 2 million more damages overall.

3. I see a lot of "LOL all bosses are EASY GO MS ZOGZOG" and that is true, for farming or Butcher bosses when you have no other choice than maxing damages regardless to your survival. Making your raid wipe because you die is more serious than doing even 20% more damages on all HFC bosses. If we had 2% wipes, or tricky damage phases, I would have thought "should I go MS", I didn't.

4. I'll prob go MS for farming, and next pexing, but it's not even comparable to what were the bosses and your gear 1st, 2nd and 3rd raid timers.

Troxism is perfectly true, when he says MS is the best build when you don't need more mastery to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuxx View Post
    I can guarantee that if Lazel -more commonly known as "BoS Master"- is defending the fact that playing without BoS is not a big deal, you should listen to him.

1. When you are playing for killing bosses, you can't chose what will your gear be on the last boss (yeah I could have 730 ilevel with 10k MS -easy as a GM- but DD DK would have been 720 shitty gear)

2. Being "Strong" with Mastery (and even Versa on some encounters) allows you to give more flexibility to your whole raid damage strategy (aka leaving one add stacking me up to 8 during Archimonde P2 and following me into P3 to avoid last shackles for exemple) and I think this is better than helping them doing 2 million more damages overall.

3. I see a lot of "LOL all bosses are EASY GO MS ZOGZOG" and that is true, for farming or Butcher bosses when you have no other choice than maxing damages regardless to your survival. Making your raid wipe because you die is more serious than doing even 20% more damages on all HFC bosses. If we had 2% wipes, or tricky damage phases, I would have thought "should I go MS", I didn't.

4. I'll prob go MS for farming, and next pexing, but it's not even comparable to what were the bosses and your gear 1st, 2nd and 3rd raid timers.

Troxism is perfectly true, when he says MS is the best build when you don't need more mastery to survive.

There's also the benefit of the fact that DKs set bonuses are fairly weak this tier, which means having a DK tank allowed you to throw them heavy mastery offset items, and not "waste" a tier set on them over the DPS. Everything helps.