Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I really don't think they will. I know it hints at her doing something but it's all very vague and they have no one else to lead the forsaken if she goes cray. It just... It's not even like it wouldn't make sense for her character, theres just no way for it to work for gameplay.

I have a feeling its a more than what it first appears situation if she does do anything. Syl has done a few crazy things over the years but she has always supported the Horde to her core. I don't see her randomly shifting that allegiance.

Plus remember if she leaves the Blood Elves leave too. Lor'themar only sided with the Horde because they had a Windrunner as racial leader.
    Lol, you're kidding, right? She hates the Horde. She only stays sided with them out of convenience and survival. If she had the man-power to overthrow the rest of the Horde, she would. She makes it painstakingly obvious in most of the quests she's featured in.

7+ Year Old Account
    What? No it doesn't it's clear in context that he believes in Vol'Jin but also that he is aware Sylvanas doesn't trust him.

It doesn't imply anything about his feelings towards her.
    Taking in count moments ago Sylvanas just propose to revive the blood elves rangers dead as forsaken. I'm pretty clear that he's not loyal to her in anyway, all their interaction in SoO was just Sylvanas being acid and Lor'themar trying to ignore her.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'm pretty sure if needed they could just use the convenient existence of the Royal Apothecary Society to make something that lets them make new Forsaken.
    They could....but acting like a villain is one of the problems with Sylvanas and one solved by kicking her out. If you are simply going to change the leader but keep the faction as evil and as villainous as possible, there's no point in changing the leader. Garroshs came in because making war wasn't part of Thralls makeup...if you go to the trouble of getting rid of Sylvanas then her successor should be different in some way. Dark? Yes...you can't change the nature of the faction. But probably not to the same evil Sylvanas took it.

So....no plague.

EJL

Sylvanas has been going down the villain path since the end of Wrath, I don't see why it'd be particularly surprising, the only thing I dread is how much they're going to stall her inevitable death because of how popular she is.

You can support things you dont like. She has alwayd been the most proactive of the faction leaders in the Horde in regards to the defense of it, shes not just going to turn around and drop all of that instantly.
    She's only defending it because it's her protection for now. As I said, she doesn't have the manpower to overthrow it. That DOES NOT MEAN she supports it. Supporting and using are two completely different things.

You're acting as though she cares for the Horde. She doesn't. It's a matter of convenience. That's IT. If she was given the opportunity to obtain the power to destroy the rest of the Horde, she absolutely, positively WOULD.

I.E. If Gul'dan and/or Azshara offer her some form of leverage that would give her that opportunity, she would pound the rest of you into the ground in a heartbeat. She's not a "nice" character. She's vindictive and bitter over what was done to her in the past.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    But she doesn't do that. Newly arisens are given the option to redeath, join or leave. Theres no MC in there.
    And the next quest you do, you kill those who refuse. Then later on, you raise Scarlets who join up. Later, you kill those who express a desire not to be raised. And so on.

The choice is offered....but a choice needs to be real if it is to have meaning. And when Sylvanas, the Val'kyr, Thasssarian and others all tell us that the risen are turned and converted then we have to ask...is the one mention of the "choice" meaningful or correct?

Blizzard wants to move away from that. That's great....its a poor plot point that should never have been used.

But if it wants to move away from it....and it should....it should do so in game. Have the Forsaken characters break their conversion, have them find out what Sylvy has been doing and have them throw her and whatever loyalists she still has out. Even if you want to argue the Val'kyr did it without her knowledge, or want to argue the choice was simply a way to strengthen the spell, this probably would be enough to spark an uprising against her and allow her promotion to full villain.

If Blizzard wants to have Sylvy leave the Horde, this would be one way.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Sylvanas has been portrayed as a villain ever since WC3. It's just been more blatant since Cata.

EJL
    Anti hero, not villain. Easy to get that mixed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can support things you dont like. She has alwayd been the most proactive of the faction leaders in the Horde in regards to the defense of it, shes not just going to turn around and drop all of that instantly.
    In SoO she's fairly upfront about her refusal to take orders from VJ.

Sylvy has NEVER had any loyalty to the Horde. She just needed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Anti hero, not villain. Easy to get that mixed up.
    Anti heroes tend not to commit acts of genocide, go all Dr Mengele on prisoners etc.
    That's what villains do

EJL

In SoO she's fairly upfront about her refusal to take orders from VJ.

Sylvy has NEVER had any loyalty to the Horde. She just needed them.

Anti heroes tend not to commit acts of genocide, go all Dr Mengele on prisoners etc.
    That's what villains do

EJL
    She didn't do that in Warcraft 3, that was my point. You were implying she did that from the very beginning, and that's simply not true. All those acts of 'genocide' were story elements brought in by WoW.

You can say the same about Kael'thas. He was not a villain in Warcraft 3. He absolutely was in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Plus that "hell" can be very easily retcon'd anyway. I mean she was impaled on saronite... you know, the blood of Yoggy?
    Yeah but I don't know which possible implications that could have honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    She's broken, cynical and psycho, but ultimately I wouldn't call her evil. Mad? More likely. In RPG terms, chaotic neutral?
    I wouldn't consider Sylvanas straight up "evil" but she's still a messed up monster twisted by her extremely traumatic experiences and undead transformation alike. I assume she's "evil" most of the time, but sometimes whatever's left of her previous persona comes out, like occurred in War Crimes with her desperate desire to have someone she cares for besides her, even though this desire was still brought forward by the persona she is now, reason she had no moral qualms about the methods to use to achieve her goal.

Fun fact, when all the Windrunner sisters were alive, Sylvanas was definitely the more level-headed of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Lol, you're kidding, right? She hates the Horde
    She doesn't hate the Horde, she just don't care about them. Pretty legit in the end, no one in the Horde cares about her as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    What leak?
    In addition to the picture leak thread (which I forget where it is now, that really should be added to first post) where I believe it has a picture of her with the question "villain?", the riddles on the first post here, day 16 I believe is "don't play games with me, Paladins" which is directly referring to Sylvanas in some way.

Also, Tirion appears in the pictur leak
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

In addition to the picture leak thread (which I forget where it is now, that really should be added to first post) where I believe it has a picture of her with the question "villain?", the riddles on the first post here, day 16 I believe is "don't play games with me, Paladins" which is directly referring to Sylvanas in some way.

thanks appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account

I think picture leaks are the only thing that we can say for sure to be fake.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    One word is all it takes to make it work. Just one word.

Bolvar.
    Thats a terrible Idea, Forsaken would literally burst into fiery rage if a lich king ever proclaimed themselves leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    She didn't do that in Warcraft 3, that was my point. You were implying she did that from the very beginning, and that's simply not true. All those acts of 'genocide' were story elements brought in by WoW.

You can say the same about Kael'thas. He was not a villain in Warcraft 3. He absolutely was in WoW.
    She betrayed her ally in WC3 and had him and his men killed and eaten.
    Was he a nice guy? No....and also beside the point.

It was a villainous act...not an anti-hero one.

EJL

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If Sylvy is using MC of some sort on the Forsaken, they'd be very understandably ticked off when they found out and kicked her out.

EJL
    She isnt using Mind control, that has already been stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBob589 View Post
    EDIT: Well, according to Blizzard China's requirements, the original post has been deleted by a moderator now.

NOTE: This guy is just trying to pass some information with the existing arts, he can't say too much.

Source: http://bbs.ngacn.cc/read.php?tid=8421734

1. YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

2. Who will be the next?

3. To survive... is to kill.

4. Justice will be served, we are invincible!

5. We...

6. Time is a Flat Circle.

7. It all starts here.

8. We will reclaim our world!

9. Vengeance.
    Been awhile since this was posted, might as well bring this up to here.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

She betrayed her ally in WC3 and had him and his men killed and eaten.
    Was he a nice guy? No....and also beside the point.

It was a villainous act...not an anti-hero one.

EJL
    No, that's exactly what the definition of an Anti-hero is. Loose morals are what separates them from regular Heroes.

Garithos was a villain. Betraying a villain is not what a hero would do, but an anti hero would.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2015-08-02 at 08:41 PM.

Should be noted, I think it was MapleEve, said the reason the above pictures were removed by the mods on the Chinese WoW forums was because they were too..... obvious.

So maybe it's two separate threats next expansion, or two threats coinciding?
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2015-08-02 at 08:42 PM.