10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    As long as there is a blindfold and no chest armor and warglaives Transmog set available for Demon Hunters I don't see the issue.

I mean, monks can use axes and maces and that doesn't fit thematically with them. As long as you can make a traditional demon hunter, they can throw whatever else they want at them.
    Monks/Martial Artists are traditionally known to use a variety of weapons, including axes and maces.

The problem with Demon Hunters is that their popularity is heavily tied to their appearance (Illidan). Their appearance can't be replicated via WoW's standard armor system without the transmog system. Because of that, other classes can co-opt that appearance and take away the coolest aspect of being a DH. The only way you can protect this aspect of the class, and make DH adopters happy, is to create special concessions only for them. That means you make warglaives DH only weapons, you make every armor set look like a variation of Illidan's appearance, you strip existing classes of abilities so that DHs can be complete, you make DHs OP, and so forth.

Which would make non-DH players angry in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    There exists leather chest which consists mostly of tattoos, also they don't have to be half naked, Illidan used to wear leathers too. He was imprisoned without any proper clothes and probably couldn't be assed to find something. Adding new weapon type isn't big deal, although I think they'd rather use swords

On the other hand seeing how Sylvanas and trolls are repeating theme I'd rather go with Shadowstalker class with melee Demon Hunter spec. IF we are ever going to see DH class that is.
    A melee spec in the Shadowstalker class would be a waste. Better to make all offensive specs Physical Ranged. One Shadow-based, the other tech/ballistics based. There is little reason to add yet another melee spec into this game.

I'd personally like to see a Shadowstalker healing spec based on Shadow Magic and Apothecary/Alchemy.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2015-08-03 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Monks/Martial Artists are traditionally known to use a variety of weapons, including axes and maces.

The problem with Demon Hunters is that their popularity is heavily tied to their appearance (Illidan). Their appearance can't be replicated via WoW's standard armor system without the transmog system. Because of that, other classes can co-opt that appearance and take away the coolest aspect of being a DH. The only way you can protect this aspect of the class, and make DH adopters happy, is to create special concessions only for them. That means you make warglaives DH only weapons, you make every armor set look like a variation of Illidan's appearance, you strip existing classes of abilities so that DHs can be complete, you make DHs OP, and so forth.

Which would make non-DH players angry in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

A melee spec in the Shadowstalker class would be a waste. Better to make all offensive specs Physical Ranged. One Shadow-based, the other tech/ballistics based.

I'd personally like to see a Shadowstalker healing spec based on Shadow Magic and Apothecary.
    The shadow based one could as well be melee, although it could feel too much like a rogue. As for healing spec, I'd love to see that too, maybe with mechanic that requires you to deal damage to heal, something along the lines of: drain life from X and put it in Y. But it'd be a pain to balance.

Have people got their thinking caps on here?

If Demon Hunters are playable in WoW, what on earth makes you think they'd change them this much? Illidan is one of Blizzards most popular characters to date, his return is wanted, A Demon Hunter class based off of him is wanted, & both have been for a while. It would be a massive mistake to make something else. In my opinion, & I'm not even going to bother getting into a massive debate about it, is even if its slightly similar to other classes, it will be implemented if they wish it so, & I think that it will be in due time. Adding the World of Warcraft styled demon hunter, to World of Warcraft is what they will do, it will give them subs. Full stop.

Maybe one day the Bard class will be real.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Honestly, I don't think we'll see a DH class in WoW.
    We're missing one class that can use mail, we're also in need of a ranged weapon class. Shadowstalker sounds like a warden of some sorts, thus I think that is exactly what we're getting.

And the expansion pack itself is probably going to be a "best of both worlds" mix between WotLK and TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    Maybe one day the Bard class will be real.
    What a great day it would be if they could successfully implement a class like bard into WoW without it being extremely overpowered
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    Have people got their thinking caps on here?

If Demon Hunters are playable in WoW, what on earth makes you think they'd change them this much? Illidan is one of Blizzards most popular characters to date, his return is wanted, A Demon Hunter class based off of him is wanted, & both have been for a while. It would be a massive mistake to make something else. In my opinion, & I'm not even going to bother getting into a massive debate about it, is even if its slightly similar to other classes, it will be implemented if they wish it so, & I think that it will be in due time. Adding the World of Warcraft styled demon hunter, to World of Warcraft is what they will do, it will give them subs. Full stop.
    How they would implement three specs of the class would be up for debate. It's one of the reasons I would hope ( even though I know they won't) they would make a DH class where 1 spec will be the classic Warcraft Demon Hunter keeping the Illidan look and skills whilst the other 2 are based on other types of 'demon hunter'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunters would be the only class where i would farm the glaives from black temple because of style

I could see a ranged Demon Hunter fitting in the WoW archetype of them. Something like Assassin's Creed with a bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    The shadow based one could as well be melee, although it could feel too much like a rogue.
    That's the problem. DKs are also Shadow melee.

If people really desire a demon-based melee spec/class, advocate for Demonology to go melee in 7.0. Half the Demon Hunter's abilities are there anyway, and Dark Apotheosis was pretty bad-ass.

As for healing spec, I'd love to see that too, maybe with mechanic that requires you to deal damage to heal, something along the lines of: drain life from X and put it in Y. But it'd be a pain to balance.
    Monks have a similar mechanic with their Eminence passive.

I'd be all for an agility-based healer, similar to the Energy-based healers in SWTOR. That system could work in WoW if properly implemented.

We should get some form of updates (hopefully hint as well ala RoS) today as they still haven't announced how you can watch the stream live.

Also, I'd love a demon hunter Murloc from Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Coincidence that Mumper's Twitter avatar is now a Valkyr?

https://mobile.twitter.com/mumper
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Has it not always been a Valkyr drinking beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    It has, at least since I followed him 3 blizzcons ago.

"There has only ever been, only ever will be... one Azshara."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nring/advanced

7+ Year Old Account

Yes

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Maybe? Now that I think about it I don't see him post much.

Ignore that then. Thought it was somehhing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it is Maiev for sure. Even the start of her page says: "She has become vengeance itself, bound forever to the hunt. I only pray that in her zeal, she doesn’t cause even more havoc than Illidan."

7+ Year Old Account
    Lilian Voss returns as a forsaken?

//Believe//

Someone here mentioned that they become purple in WCIII when using their vengeance ability.

I want Nagafied Maiev

10+ Year Old Account
    Maiev turned mad and slayed a lot of the Highborne, she's known for her hatred towards nagas and demons as well.
    She is also on the run, but if demon hunters ( though I doubt it) or nagas join the factions she is probably going to turn against us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The problem with Demon Hunters is that their popularity is heavily tied to their appearance (Illidan). Their appearance can't be replicated via WoW's standard armor system without the transmog system.
    They could easily make their class sets have invisible shoulders, tatoos as chest armor and a blindfold as a helmet. For that matter, Illidan's Warglaives are an actual drop in the game.

So, yes, they can easily replicate the appearance if they want to.

Sure, you'll look like a clown while leveling, but that's nothing new.