Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WFT Blizz why did you ever put Pet Battles into the game!

Just when I thought nothing could suck me into playing everyday like I used to.

I just now tried them and spent the last couple of days doing nothing but Pet Battles. I'm shocked and dumbfounded at how much fun I'm having. I even got my Taming Azeroth and Battle Master achievements and for some unexplained reason I can't get enough right now.

I thought they were probably some lame mini game but found out real quick it actually has some nice intricacies and kept discovering layers of gameplay along the way.

/nolife
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

Same thing happened to me. I thought, "I don't need pokemons." What a stupid thing to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it for about an hour, never touched it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not what I was expecting from this thread.

It's cool to see people enjoy the content that Blizzard puts out, I don't really do pet battles much, gave it a shot a while back.
    Currently Procrastinating

Thought it sounded like an incredibly stupid, yet "cute" way to utilize all the otherwise worthless pets in the game. Tried it out and found it really, really shallow and just not that engaging, then found out it's actually pretty grindy. Never did it ever again. The end.

Deleted
    I have well over 1.100 (journal and inventory) Lvl 25 pets.
    Maybe I like it a bit.

That said it's pretty much my main occupation in the game nowadays.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-07-30 at 10:36 AM.

Glad to hear another person actually tried it and found out how fun and damn addicting it can be.
    Best part about it is it doesn't affect ones toons power or anything if you don't want to do it.
    It is completely optional to do.
    Wait to see how much money can be made off it on multiple realms.

I've done a moderate amount with the pet battling. I really like it. Problem is now the only pets I've gotten to lvl25 just dont seem to be working well together so i guess i need to go grind out some more of them to 25 and i'm sitting there like 'meh'

i think i only have about 100 pets most of which are not leveled. I just need to sit down one saturday and just get into it and see where it leads me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying it myself as a little past time thing.

The whole bit was added because people said they were bored while ingame at times, so a mini game was added - suddenly people was just annoyed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait until you decide you need all the pets in the game, and you need them to be rare, and you need them to be level 25.

Then, you will know true despair.

Deleted
    I love pet battles, but never have the time to do them :s I've done most of the achievements aside from the WoD ones, might do them next bonus weekend though.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2015-07-30 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Wait until you decide you need all the pets in the game, and you need them to be rare, and you need them to be level 25.

Then, you will know true despair.
    And the right breed! Oh no it's already starting!
    -Lord Eddard Stark

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    And the right breed! Oh no it's already starting!
    Tell me about it I have 735 unque pets with over 800 at level 25 ( few duplicates in there because some pets are just plain OP)
    Then when I got into pvp pet battling and found out breed is truely what matters if one wants to do well and win in there.
    Nothing more fun going back for pets to get optimal breed.
    Then having to make them rare and level again.
    Even the celestial tournament one needs the right breed.
    It is truely some work but I had fun and filled times when bored in game like during SoO or most of this expansion.
    Glad it was added just wonder if we will ever get epic pets or be able to breed pets.
    That could be some fun.
    Specially if like Pokemon and pets could learn moves from parents that they normally don't have or be breed that they don't come in.

I'm not a super huge fan of it, but I don't mind it.

I'm a monsterous pet collector, I try to catch them all. I actually have nearly all of them that exist aside from a few that are unavailable outside my country sadly.

Getting and maintaining that collection requires I keep a ton of pets ready to fight anything blizzard can throw at me. The celestial tournament for example, I had way more than enough when that rolled around to crush it right away.

I absolutely hated it when it was extremely RNG based. So many abilities had like 75%-80% hit chance and shit like that, and despite only a 20% chance to miss you could miss 4-5 times in a row with blizzard's shit RNG. Very annoying. They've removed most of the RNG now though, almost everything has 100% hit chance now with variable damage instead, which is infinitely better.

I do wish it was a little more in depth or complex, but it's ok I guess. Blizzard makes everything extremely casual so literally anyone can pick it up and do it, and that kinda hurts people who like complexity. Lowest common denominator and all that.

I also wish there was a bit more customization with the pet powers. I could make some pretty mean pets if I could change out a couple of their abilities. The PVP aspect already sucks, you basically always see the same handful of teams over and over and over. At least power customization would make them LOOK different.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

really need to name this topic better.

i just dabble a bit in it,there are a number of pets i really like and it feels good to level them up and play with em.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I'm not a super huge fan of it, but I don't mind it.

I'm a monsterous pet collector, I try to catch them all. I actually have nearly all of them that exist aside from a few that are unavailable outside my country sadly.

Getting and maintaining that collection requires I keep a ton of pets ready to fight anything blizzard can throw at me. The celestial tournament for example, I had way more than enough when that rolled around to crush it right away.

I absolutely hated it when it was extremely RNG based. So many abilities had like 75%-80% hit chance and shit like that, and despite only a 20% chance to miss you could miss 4-5 times in a row with blizzard's shit RNG. Very annoying. They've removed most of the RNG now though, almost everything has 100% hit chance now with variable damage instead, which is infinitely better.

I do wish it was a little more in depth or complex, but it's ok I guess. Blizzard makes everything extremely casual so literally anyone can pick it up and do it, and that kinda hurts people who like complexity. Lowest common denominator and all that.

I also wish there was a bit more customization with the pet powers. I could make some pretty mean pets if I could change out a couple of their abilities. The PVP aspect already sucks, you basically always see the same handful of teams over and over and over. At least power customization would make them LOOK different.
    Some more complexity would be nice and maybe in the future it is something they could add to it.
    More moves to choose from would be a nice start.

As for pvp it is maddening at times.
    So glad I got my 5000 pvp pets wins before WoD came out.
    The best advice I could give one is to find the counter for the team of the moment and you usually will get a lot of wins.
    People running the OP team of the moment usually don't know how or simply can't counter a team set up to beat them.
    That is how I got a lot of wins first countering the direhorn rage, then the unborn valk.
    Still is more fun than predictable tamer or ct battles.
    As long as one accepts losing happens and learns why they lost and how not to next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Specially if like Pokemon and pets could learn moves from parents that they normally don't have or be breed that they don't come in.
    Theres definetly room for improving and expanding the system. Im actually surprised Blizz hasnt tried to spin this off into its own mobile game or something similar where you could pvp battle.
    -Lord Eddard Stark

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd do them more if i didn't have to walk all the way to the trainers :|

Yes, I am lazy.

I dont like it anymore since draenor with all these, get a instant level or level 25 stone.
    - He who moves first always wins -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    I've done a moderate amount with the pet battling. I really like it. Problem is now the only pets I've gotten to lvl25 just dont seem to be working well together so i guess i need to go grind out some more of them to 25 and i'm sitting there like 'meh'

i think i only have about 100 pets most of which are not leveled. I just need to sit down one saturday and just get into it and see where it leads me.
    There's a few wild caught pets that are really handy, that you capture at pretty high levels. Like some chickens, rabbits, frogs, snails, lightning bugs. Others too I'm sure. Once you have a good core team (for whatever daily quests you're farming), you can start power leveling your other pets. If you've read many strats, you'll see there's a handful of pets that show up a lot. Like Emerald Proto-whelp (more for MoP, but often a good fallback), Mechanical Pandaren Dragon, Nether Faerie Whelp, Darkmoon Zep, and Pandaren Water Spirit and Chrominius.