Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    From the first post:
    Keep Agony, Unstable Affliction, and Corruption applied to the target. This should NEVER fall off your primary target and your uptime should be above 95% if you are playing properly. If for some reason all 3 fall off (you had handle a mechanic that put the boss out of range for example) then the order for reapplication should be Agony -> Corruption -> Unstable Affliction.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    -snip-
    I've found from experience that the difference between that UA before the pull and just a straight SB: SS is minimal. The main issue relies in there's a brief second after you cast your SB: Haunt that you can't cast SB off the GCD (normally you can). My opener basically follows what @chuqtaylor said. I pop DS: M during the GCD and Doomguard immediately after then go into Drain Soul spam.

Deleted
    yo bros, finally obtained my HC darkstar trinket, can anyone tell to what cap I should haste > mastery? I heard I should respecc to mastery now I have the trinket but yeah, I dont know really. any info?

I would sim yourself with haste vs mastery stuff and see what works better. I went full haste and noticed an improvement in my DPS even with the HC trinket. Just depends on your other gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n00block View Post
    i need help again.

I'm trying to practice affliction and multidotting is aids. I can't keep dots rolling on three targets without them falling off. One of the reasons is because nameplate aura is buggy!! Especially on Agony. This is what happens way too often:

Ok I'm looking at nameplates, Agony is about to expire, I mouseover and use Agony. THE AGONY AURA DOESN'T UPDATE. It just keeps going as if I never even attempted to refresh it. It only gets fixed when I click the target and this fucks up my multidotting. It's very annoying and unreliable. This makes multidotting so frustrating. What to do? How do you guys multidot what tools do you use?

And no, switching addons doesn't seem to work. I tried kui nameplate auras and plate buff, both have the same problem. Tidy Plates aura just sucks.
    I don't know what Unit Frames you're using but I use SUF and it has frames for the mini bosses and bosses all the way at the top right which displays the debuff timers on it which is what I rely on a lot for fights such as Council. It's really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    I quite often get similar issues with tidyplates; the DoT updates upon mouseover or selection of the target.

So currently i have 4pc but i have 726 Heroic WF shoulders and 706 helm that is better than 695 helm is it worth breaking my 4pc for pure ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by n00block View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWHYVPAYtdw

A video of my issue. The problem I described is at 0:40. I try to refresh the dot, but it just keeps showing the same dot as if I didn't refresh it at all, only when i actually target the dummy it shows the new dot. -.- I'd not like to having to target when doing this. :/

I noticed another problem in this. The seconds are random! Sometimes the second goes back to 24 and then flashes the actual duration etc... It's fucked up. The addon in this video is platebuff, idk maybe it's outdated. BUT the problem at 0:40 happens on Kui too, which is up to date.

This is so annoying...

Also yea, boss frames is useful but I don't want to rely on that only because it's not on every mob... What to do?

edit: The seconds problem I described is on Kui nameplate auras too. It's like the aura refreshes on its own and doesn't show the actual duration of the dot. This is so bs because this would make multidotting so much easier, but guess I have to give up on this method or something. All of these problems happen only with Agony too, why? Other dots are just fine.
    Ok so here is what you need to do and this should fix your issue. You need to mouseover the actual mob and not the frame unless you use the blizz frame. If you mouseover the mob the spell will go off as expected.

I'm going to try to work on this for Legion, not sure if I'll be writing the main guide but anything you guys want to see added or improved upon for Legion guide-wise?

Deleted
    What you did for 6.x was good, clear and concise. Probably a discussion of single target vs council vs adds would be useful now that we have both talent choices and rotational choices in those situations? Something about CI and soul management...but that goes without saying, probably. Maybe a (suggested) best order to take artifact talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    What you did for 6.x was good, clear and concise. Probably a discussion of single target vs council vs adds would be useful now that we have both talent choices and rotational choices in those situations? Something about CI and soul management...but that goes without saying, probably. Maybe a (suggested) best order to take artifact talents?
    Yea will definitely do rotations for each style if I write the guide. And artifacts for sure. Thanks.

With Legion coming Terryn has taken over the Affliction guide! Thanks @zvvl for your work in WoD!

View the new thread here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iction-Warlock

i did it for the ladies mostly