Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Personally I am probably not getting it just because its $60. Seems like it will be very faithful to the original with slight additions in terms of side areas/characters... But the original game was only a couple hours long and I expect this game to be similar in length; I just don't want to pay $60 for a ~4-5 game I will only play two or three times, I'd rather wait for a sale.
    couple hours long? you must not have enjoyed it any only tried a speed run cause my experience is vastly different. Still remains my favorite in the series and this remake is more than welcome.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

My heart got destroyed today cause I thought it would've been released tomorrow... but it's 25th here

Wtf...looks like it's 25th everywhere... where the hell did I get 22nd from.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-01-21 at 09:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    So I've heard. Also seeing rushed finish times of around 5.5 hrs, seems like a good timing for trying to blast through ONE of the campaigns.
    Idc about length so much as stuff to do in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Idc about length so much as stuff to do in it.
    Think they've got us covered on that front. A/B scenarios, hard modes, Hunk and tofu, and who knows what else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    My heart got destroyed today cause I thought it would've been released tomorrow... but it's 25th here

Wtf...looks like it's 25th everywhere... where the hell did I get 22nd from.
    For some reason, steam says the 24th /shrug

15+ Year Old Account
    Think they've got us covered on that front. A/B scenarios, hard modes, Hunk and tofu, and who knows what else.
    Ye my remake best is like 1:56 or something. But id replay that a trillion times. Hope we get the randomizer mode.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason, steam says the 24th /shrug
    9 pm pst on thursday is why.

Ye my remake best is like 1:56 or something. But id replay that a trillion times. Hope we get the randomizer mode.

- - - Updated - - -

11 pm here then... hmm... hope I get my AMD code wed or thurs then.

Oh I had sworn I read they were doing away with A/B sceanrios and only doing "Chris or Claire" scenarios instead.

Interesting. Unless the "Chris is A and Claire is B" scenario is what's happening here. I'm still unclear on the details. I guess we'll find out on Friday.

15+ Year Old Account
    11 pm here then... hmm... hope I get my AMD code wed or thurs then.
    I got mime on gmg for like 53 or something, but yeah im waiting for my key. Wr have good internet though so fast download

- - - Updated - - -

1:56 for all 6 modes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    1:56 for all 6 modes ?
    I think they're talking about 1min 56sec for the demo.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, one hour 56 minutes for chris in REmake

No, one hour 56 minutes for chris in REmake
    Ah, yea, brain fart. That game has a lot of user made replayability too, with randomizers.

Played the demo, didn't get to the end. Spent half the game unable to see shit as the dynamic lighting went from bright to completely black from one moment to the next, literally standing in one spot and I can see and then 1 ft to the right and the screen is black, a lot of areas started out just barely visible and then light dynamically and periodically just disappears, some cutscenes were completely black so I just had audio and controller vibrations.

Game seems good and faithful, but these graphical issues I went through made it literally unplayable. I managed to improve matters by changing the brightness settings away from their guidelines and to the maximum (which made it look ridiculous but at least now somewhat visible), but it only helped in some areas, others it just turned everything grey where it was black. Gave up in the end, pointless trying to play a game with a 30 min timer while also having to combat technical issues, not worth the hassle. The timer did at least stop during changing settings.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Did a work swap to have Friday off, along with Saturday.

Binging RE2 come release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Played the demo, didn't get to the end. Spent half the game unable to see shit as the dynamic lighting went from bright to completely black from one moment to the next, literally standing in one spot and I can see and then 1 ft to the right and the screen is black, a lot of areas started out just barely visible and then light dynamically and periodically just disappears, some cutscenes were completely black so I just had audio and controller vibrations.

Game seems good and faithful, but these graphical issues I went through made it literally unplayable. I managed to improve matters by changing the brightness settings away from their guidelines and to the maximum (which made it look ridiculous but at least now somewhat visible), but it only helped in some areas, others it just turned everything grey where it was black. Gave up in the end, pointless trying to play a game with a 30 min timer while also having to combat technical issues, not worth the hassle. The timer did at least stop during changing settings.
    That's weird, haven't even heard of anyone having that problem before.

That's weird, haven't even heard of anyone having that problem before.
    Checked the Steam forums, loads of threads about it. Some people giving mixed messages as to what causes or fixes the problem, among them turning various settings off (or off and then back on) and switching between DX11 and DX12. In any case my demo time is over so RIP, this is why it's annoying to have a demo thrown out there with a limited timer, limiting it to one play through would have been better.

Edit : One user posted a screenshot

That's how it looked through a lot of the demo, though it did actually get even worse than that (as in completely black, no details visible) during some parts.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2019-01-22 at 08:38 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    My butt is supet omega excitrd its only a week away. Give me dino crisis, but less janky
    This, I'd absolutely love for Dino Crisis to be remade. That game legitimately scared me the first time I played it but Dino Crisis 2 seemed more like a generic RE style game without any of the scares or suspense.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

So the Roguelight mode is confirmed. Its a post launch dlc called 'Ghost Survivors' where you play as characters like Kendo and the Mayors daughter in a master quest style semi randomised what if? mode where they survived instead. Its going to include multiple characters, low poly models for the main game as an option, include new monsters and its free.

So horror GOTY soft confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    Some reviews are up, all looking good.

The game looks good, but 8 hours of content for $60 seems excessive. I'll probably rent it and return it, spend my money on KH3 instead since that will probably provide more value.