Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I think a revamped Lordaeron would require some sort of min-cataclysm so there won't be too many complaints of rehashing. I had an idea, I posted in another thread involving the unearthing of a Titan Facility beneath Alterac which rises from the ground and causes geographical changes. New/Revamped zones:

> Arathor - a revamped Arathi, with the western coast opened up.
    > Thalasar - The home of the High Elves, the inaccessible land north of WPL.
    > The Plaguelands - Eastern Plaguelands, further plagued in a final push from the scourge remnant.
    > Alterac - Now covered in Titan structures and now covers a small part of the Hinterlands up to Aerie Peak as well.
    > Lordaeron Heartlands - Covers a fully healed WPL and the Hinterlands, looks completely different.
    > Tirisfal - A huge ravine has opened up in the centre.
    > Gilneas - The northern half is plagued, the southern half is covered in forest grown by the Cenarian Circle.
    > The Whispering Forest - Brand new zone, the land west of Tirisfal expanded and opened up.
    > Hillsbrad Warzone - PvP zone, bringing back the old days of Southshore vs. Tarren Mill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Yeah, especially if they plan on releasing new zones at least once a year, they are going to run out of space pretty dang fast. Off the top of my head I can think of:

- Northern Eastern Kingdoms
    - South Seas
    - Other side of Azeroth
    - Maybe another continent back there
    - Spider Kingdom under Northrend
    - Emerald Dream
    - Argus
    - K'aresh
    - Ogre continent on Draenor

That's only like 10 years worth of expansions, what then?

Another thing that could be done is to dunno, retcon 20 new zones into existing continents. Sure, it would be weird, but people proved that Eastern Kingdoms is roughly the size of Manhattan, so a bit of extra place would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I think a revamped Lordaeron would require some sort of min-cataclysm so there won't be too many complaints of rehashing. I had an idea, I posted in another thread involving the unearthing of a Titan Facility beneath Alterac which rises from the ground and causes geographical changes. New/Revamped zones:

> The Plaguelands - Eastern Plaguelands, further plagued in a final push from the scourge remnant.
    > Alterac - Now covered in Titan structures and now covers a small part of the Hinterlands up to Aerie Peak as well.
    > Lordaeron Heartlands - Covers a fully healed WPL and the Hinterlands, looks completely different.
    > Gilneas - The northern half is plagued, the southern half is covered in forest grown by the Cenarian Circle.
    > The Whispering Forest - Brand new zone, the land west of Tirisfal expanded and opened up.
    > Hillsbrad Warzone - PvP zone, bringing back the old days of Southshore vs. Tarren Mill.
    I don't even think a earth breaking event would be needed, a change in the political landscape would be more than enough IMO. For example though, they could expand on certain areas that have been underrepresented: like they could expand Alterac Mountains to represent its true size as a huge mountain zone, for one.

I think this idea is worth drafting its own suggestion thread with a mocked up Map. Maybe I'll do that this week.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    I don't even think a earth breaking event would be needed, a change in the political landscape would be more than enough IMO. For example though, they could expand on certain areas that have been underrepresented: like they could expand Alterac Mountains to represent its true size as a huge mountain zone, for one.

I think this idea is worth drafting its own suggestion thread with a mocked up Map. Maybe I'll do that this week.
    I'm not really into retconning the size of the zones. Obviously the size of the zones in wow are not lore accurate, but I'd rather they stayed relative. And merely changing the borders wouldn't be enough to truly make the zones different. I think that if the geography was pretty much the same as the classic zones, there would be a lot of justified complaints about rehashing.

That's only like 10 years worth of expansions, what then?
    WoW 2, picking up where the Warcraft III movie leaves off.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glades.

Tirisfall Glades.

Undercity.

Yeah I'd call it plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a mysterious "thing" under Tirisfal Glades.

Why not just open up a big ol' hole to the west of Deathknell and set the expansion under Lordaeron. And throw in a bit of Underground Northrend too just to appease the Azjol Nerub people.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Tirisfal Glades is indeed the home of the forsaken, and the Alliance will one day focus on retaking the territory--it is originally theirs after all, so this could very well be about the forsaken indeed, if there is any merit to 'Council of Glades' of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Quite easily. It depends on the story you want to tell.

Further...the Forsaken might only be one thread, one story that the Xpac might tell. Previous Xpacs have told two or three.....WotLK gave us Yogg-Saron, the LK and Malygos for example.

You'd start by looking at the plot issues and stories that the setup would need to solve.

First - Sylvanas has to go. Simplest and easiest way to deal with the many issues that arise.
    Second - the Forsaken, Worgen need story and development. Other races being involved would also help. Limited human involvement benefical.
    Third - plot threads to tie up and resolve would include Koltira, the fate of the AC and KotEB, the Scourge, Stgromgarde and the Frostwolves, and so on.
    Fourth - the Mind Control aspect needs to be dealt with, in game, once and for all. Blizzard can't continue to use it in game and then try to explain it away out of game.
    Fifth - this can't be overly biased to one side or the other. Both Alliance and Horde need progression, development, wins and losses.
    Sixth - this can't replace the existing levelling experience. It HAS to be phased end game - L100+ anyway - content.

What can be done?
    For Eversong and the Ghostlands? The existing starter zone should be skimmed off into a separate instance. Eversong and the Ghostlands can then be added to the map, and maybe updated. Lorewise, there should still be a lot to do, and the BElfs should still need to recover a lot of ground, but the distraction of the Amani and the return of the Sunfury should have stabilised the situation.

The Eastern Plaguelands should be focussed on the rebuilding of New Lordaeron with its current capital of Stratholme. Bronze Dragon can allow entry to pre L100 zone. The return of Queen Calia here would be a decent sub plot.

The rest of the continent would deal with the Forsaken story.

Gilneas...retaken by Alliance. Forsaken General: Liam Greymane. Worgen then push into Silverpine, take SFK and Pyrewood and move to Hillsbrad.
    Arathi...retaken by Alliance and Danath. Refuge Point and Stromgarde rebuilt. Hammerfall and Southern Alterac Valley ceded to Frostwolves for peace. Stormpike Clan retain North Alterac Valley. Forsaken General - Galen Trollbane
    Silverpine...Dalaran lands at its old site. Reinforces Fenris Isle. Castle rebuilt.
    Hillsbrad...massive naval assault against shoreline. Alliance retake southern half of the zone but despite massive superiority are fought to a standstill/retreat by the Forsaken, who also push back into Arathi and retake the wall. Alliance advance stymied on all fronts. Forsaken General - Nathanos Blightcaller.
    Tirisfal - Alliance advance showed by replacing existing hostile NPCs with Alliance. Solliden and SM become Alliance bases. Alliance base in Whispering Forest? Ships off Tirisfal coast?
    WPL - Scourge absorbed by the Forsaken. Scholomance taken over by Forsaken. Forsaken now have Necromancers and reduced reliance on Val'kyr (Necromancers not as powerful or quick, but more flexible and many more). Andorhal...second battle or PvP zone? New BG? Alliance retake their half...all depends on what you want.
    EPL - Forsaken take over large parts of the zone.
    Alterac - PvP zone? BG? Taken over by one side? Syndicate join Alliance or Argus Wake? Merged into Hillsbrad map? Again..depends on what you want.
    In essence...give the Alliance the big wins they expect in Arathi and Gilneas, give the Forsaken a big win in Hillsbrad, up the threat by simply replacing low level hostile NPCs with high level NPCs and give the Forsaken territory and numbers with expandion into the plaguelands.

Or whatever. There are other factors - some people are suggesting the Forsaken - or Sylvanas at least - will be leaving the Horde. There is also where is Frostmourne? Where is Koltira? How does this fit in with the Tyr clues?

EJL
    Wow, an alliance wet-dream fanfic expansion. I can't wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Glades.

Tirisfall Glades.

Undercity.

Yeah I'd call it plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a mysterious "thing" under Tirisfal Glades.

Why not just open up a big ol' hole to the west of Deathknell and set the expansion under Lordaeron. And throw in a bit of Underground Northrend too just to appease the Azjol Nerub people.
    Another possibility. Although personally I think they should save that for when they actually do a full Azjol Nerub expansion. And I like the idea of revisiting the old zones as well so I'd prefer a proper revisit to Lordaeron with some geographical changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really into retconning the size of the zones. Obviously the size of the zones in wow are not lore accurate, but I'd rather they stayed relative. And merely changing the borders wouldn't be enough to truly make the zones different. I think that if the geography was pretty much the same as the classic zones, there would be a lot of justified complaints about rehashing.
    But I think terraforming isn't really the way to do it. I think the zones should stay the same geographically, but they should represent what happend there. A fortified Fenris Island for example. Or a huge harbor at the coast of Silverpine or Tirisfal. And as said, I would add some more zones regarding other stories, like an underground zone under Tirisfal or 1 or 2 islands with a Troll/Naga Subplot.

Also, the unnamed zone above Eastern Plaguelands is just the non instanced Stratholme. If I remember correctly, during last Blizzcon (or the one before) when they showed off some stuff that was planned during Alpha, Stratholme was intended as a zone (not sure of leveling or max level).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    But I think terraforming isn't really the way to do it. I think the zones should stay the same geographically, but they should represent what happend there. A fortified Fenris Island for example. Or a huge harbor at the coast of Silverpine or Tirisfal. And as said, I would add some more zones regarding other stories, like an underground zone under Tirisfal or 1 or 2 islands with a Troll/Naga Subplot.

Also, the unnamed zone above Eastern Plaguelands is just the non instanced Stratholme. If I remember correctly, during last Blizzcon (or the one before) when they showed off some stuff that was planned during Alpha, Stratholme was intended as a zone (not sure of leveling or max level).
    Well at the moment it is sure. But they can make it a proper zone if they want.

Anyway, if we are revisiting any part of the old world in an expansion, be it Lordaeron or somewhere else, then I just don't see it happening without a.) the zones being rebuilt from the ground up with new graphics and b.) geographical changes so people don't just cry reskin. Some of this would be possible without any sort of cataclysm esque event. The Plaguelands could be fully healed up, or even get worse as a result of the Scourge pushing back. The High Elf lands and the Whispering Forest could make brand new zones. But on the whole I think they'd introduce a miniclysm just so they would have free reign to change what they wanted with easy justification.