Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Could Council of Glades be forsaken-themed?

With this chinese leak talking about Sylvanas and the Silver Hand, could it actually be that this expansion is forsaken-themed? The first thing most people thought was that the title relates to the Council of Tirisfal and possibly the Guardian, Med'an and maybe a Legion invasion. But what if the Council of Glades is a secret council founded by Sylvanas to spread the plague across Azeroth?
    Last edited by mmocdf0332fe3a; 2015-08-01 at 10:25 AM.

Oh so we're back at the phone photo leaks now? If you take a picture of a screen that means its real

There have been so many fake logos (most happen to be sceen-photos) that it's not even enough to arouse my curiosity. And Why would Sylvanas need a council to spread plague?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Oh so we're back at the phone photo leaks now? If you take a picture of a screen that means its real

There have been so many fake logos (most happen to be sceen-photos) that it's not even enough to arouse my curiosity. And Why would Sylvanas need a council to spread plague?
    I just said I think it's fake. It's not about the validity of this thing, it's just where I got the idea of it being a forsaken-themed expansion.

Its 100% fake, just look at the angle the logo enlarges at.

The logo is oriented to face us, even though the camera that is recording the video isn't even with the video.

10+ Year Old Account

found the real leak

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post

found the real leak
    Shut up and take my money!!!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sheen at the end that runs behind the expansion title looks like something from 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post

found the real leak
    Damnit, I expected Rick Roll

Deleted
    It's not about the video.

I edited it out.

That would be so cool and refreshing. It doesn't involve orcs or trolls though, so very unlikely.

Deleted
    Although I have to say that fake trailer is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can we discuss a leak, that hasn't been confirmed, outside of the leak's thread? Please, go back to the actual thread of the leak, discuss it there. Reporting this one as a copy/spam. Don't need more threads that is just something of a different title but almost same question.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    That fake trailer is probably better than what the real one's gonna be.

How would a Forsaken expansion work? One feasability that I see would be if they completely revamped the Northern Eastern Kingdoms to become the new 'continent' of the next expansion, revolving around some evil force beneath Tirisfal Glades, idk.

Some new zones:

Quel'thalas (Eversong Woods, and the Ghostlands reclaimed by the Blood Elves and looking less dead, Silvermoon City finally complete)
    New Lordaeron (East and West Plaguelands together, secured by the Silver Hand, but Kel'thuzad is back and the Cult of the Damned has a vice grip on Stratholme)
    Tirisfal Glades (Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest together, here be Forsaken plot)
    Gilnean Peninsula (It's Gilneas)
    Something with Hillsbrad and Hinterlands combined
    Something with Arathi Highlands. I gave up with this suggestion.

But yeah basically transforming everything north of the Thandol Span into the staging ground for a new expansion, yeah sure it would definitely work. Though it would have to be phased so that it's not accessible to sub level 100's.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    How would a Forsaken expansion work? One feasability that I see would be if they completely revamped the Northern Eastern Kingdoms to become the new 'continent' of the next expansion, revolving around some evil force beneath Tirisfal Glades, idk.

Some new zones:

Quel'thalas (Eversong Woods, and the Ghostlands reclaimed by the Blood Elves and looking less dead, Silvermoon City finally complete)
    New Lordaeron (East and West Plaguelands together, secured by the Silver Hand, but Kel'thuzad is back and the Cult of the Damned has a vice grip on Stratholme)
    Tirisfal Glades (Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest together, here be Forsaken plot)

But yeah basically transforming everything north of the Thandol Span into the staging ground for a new expansion, yeah sure it would definitely work. Though it would have to be phased so that it's not accessible to sub level 100's.
    That's actually a pretty cool idea. Zones would not be scattered everywhere like in Cataclysm, and the revamped zones would be relevant for max level.

They also wouldn't have to revamp the whole world every time.

10+ Year Old Account

Some new zones:

I thought about something like this before. If it would involve a rogue Sylvanas, we could have content in the following zones:

Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine Forest, Gilneas, Hillsbrad Foothills, Arathi Highlands, The Hinterlands, Western Plaguelands, Eastern Plaguelands and maybe Ghostlands and Eversong Woods. In all of these zones (except for Gilneas and Eastern PLaguelands, as well as the bloodelf zones) we have pretty high Forsaken presence or you can see the beginning of what they were planning (in Arathi you have the resurrected Trollbane, in the Hinterlands you have a Forsaken camp which plays around with the spider poison). Considering that that happend all in Cataclysm, which was 2 expansions ago, one can only guess what the Forsaken, which took a much more aggressive stance once they got access to the Val'kyr, have been doing since then. With the Val'kyr they could also now finally increase their troop number.

So, how this could work. We get a completely phases level 100+ experience in these zones, with maybe a starting point in Revantusk or Silvermoon (Horde) or the Aerie or Gilnes (Alliance) and from there working our way into the other zones, which are much more Forsaken controlled. This could work, we have quite a few zones. Compared to the newer ones the zones are not as large, but all together with maybe 1 or 2 completely new zones (1 or 2 islands with Troll/Naga plot for example) wouldn't be that much smaller than other expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Prophet View Post
    That's actually a pretty cool idea. Zones would not be scattered everywhere like in Cataclysm, and the revamped zones would be relevant for max level.

They also wouldn't have to revamp the whole world every time.
    Yeah, the more that I think about it, the more realistic it seems that I would actually work. Obviously people are going to kick and scream about how its rehashed content blah blah, since unlike the Outlands -> Draenor transition, the general geography would have to remain the same, it wouldn't make sense for the mountains/coastlines to change again.

But, you could argue that a ton has changed in the years since Cataclysm, political boundaries being changed especially in the Plaguelands (It's practically already New Lordaeron with the strides that the Silver Hand has made in reclaiming it), Hillsbrad should be even further dominated by the Forsaken, but the Alliance should be making advances towards reclaiming Gilneas for good provided it doesn't resemble Southshore by now. In the north, the Ghostlands should have more or less fully recovered, and the Sunwell is restored and the Demon's routed out, making Quel'thalas whole again. Forest Trolls under Vol'jins new Horde could be active in the Hinterlands vs. the Wildhammer Dwarves for one reason or another. And then of course, Tirisfal Glades being the focal point of whatever Old God is chilling out underneath the Whispering Forest. Or something like that.

Plenty of material for a 1 year long expac.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the more that I think about it, the more realistic it seems that I would actually work. Obviously people are going to kick and scream about how its rehashed content blah blah, since unlike the Outlands -> Draenor transition, the general geography would have to remain the same, it wouldn't make sense for the mountains/coastlines to change again.
    I can somewhat understand that, but from a lore perspective it just makes so much sense that we actually revisit older zones and do something with it. And I would have no problem with it. Besides, while the zones may somewhat look similar (but probably not exactly like it), the content in it would still be 100% new. Heck, I really hate it that Blizzard doesn't revisit old zones with new storylines more often. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I can somewhat understand that, but from a lore perspective it just makes so much sense that we actually revisit older zones and do something with it. And I would have no problem with it. Besides, while the zones may somewhat look similar (but probably not exactly like it), the content in it would still be 100% new. Heck, I really hate it that Blizzard doesn't revisit old zones with new storylines more often. D:
    Yeah, especially if they plan on releasing new zones at least once a year, they are going to run out of space pretty dang fast. Off the top of my head I can think of:

- Northern Eastern Kingdoms
    - South Seas
    - Other side of Azeroth
    - Maybe another continent back there
    - Spider Kingdom under Northrend
    - Emerald Dream
    - Argus
    - K'aresh
    - Ogre continent on Draenor

That's only like 10 years worth of expansions, what then?
    You just lost The Game

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quite easily. It depends on the story you want to tell.

Further...the Forsaken might only be one thread, one story that the Xpac might tell. Previous Xpacs have told two or three.....WotLK gave us Yogg-Saron, the LK and Malygos for example.

You'd start by looking at the plot issues and stories that the setup would need to solve.

First - Sylvanas has to go. Simplest and easiest way to deal with the many issues that arise.
    Second - the Forsaken, Worgen need story and development. Other races being involved would also help. Limited human involvement benefical.
    Third - plot threads to tie up and resolve would include Koltira, the fate of the AC and KotEB, the Scourge, Stgromgarde and the Frostwolves, and so on.
    Fourth - the Mind Control aspect needs to be dealt with, in game, once and for all. Blizzard can't continue to use it in game and then try to explain it away out of game.
    Fifth - this can't be overly biased to one side or the other. Both Alliance and Horde need progression, development, wins and losses.
    Sixth - this can't replace the existing levelling experience. It HAS to be phased end game - L100+ anyway - content.

What can be done?
    For Eversong and the Ghostlands? The existing starter zone should be skimmed off into a separate instance. Eversong and the Ghostlands can then be added to the map, and maybe updated. Lorewise, there should still be a lot to do, and the BElfs should still need to recover a lot of ground, but the distraction of the Amani and the return of the Sunfury should have stabilised the situation.

The Eastern Plaguelands should be focussed on the rebuilding of New Lordaeron with its current capital of Stratholme. Bronze Dragon can allow entry to pre L100 zone. The return of Queen Calia here would be a decent sub plot.

The rest of the continent would deal with the Forsaken story.

Gilneas...retaken by Alliance. Forsaken General: Liam Greymane. Worgen then push into Silverpine, take SFK and Pyrewood and move to Hillsbrad.
    Arathi...retaken by Alliance and Danath. Refuge Point and Stromgarde rebuilt. Hammerfall and Southern Alterac Valley ceded to Frostwolves for peace. Stormpike Clan retain North Alterac Valley. Forsaken General - Galen Trollbane
    Silverpine...Dalaran lands at its old site. Reinforces Fenris Isle. Castle rebuilt.
    Hillsbrad...massive naval assault against shoreline. Alliance retake southern half of the zone but despite massive superiority are fought to a standstill/retreat by the Forsaken, who also push back into Arathi and retake the wall. Alliance advance stymied on all fronts. Forsaken General - Nathanos Blightcaller.
    Tirisfal - Alliance advance showed by replacing existing hostile NPCs with Alliance. Solliden and SM become Alliance bases. Alliance base in Whispering Forest? Ships off Tirisfal coast?
    WPL - Scourge absorbed by the Forsaken. Scholomance taken over by Forsaken. Forsaken now have Necromancers and reduced reliance on Val'kyr (Necromancers not as powerful or quick, but more flexible and many more). Andorhal...second battle or PvP zone? New BG? Alliance retake their half...all depends on what you want.
    EPL - Forsaken take over large parts of the zone.
    Alterac - PvP zone? BG? Taken over by one side? Syndicate join Alliance or Argus Wake? Merged into Hillsbrad map? Again..depends on what you want.
    In essence...give the Alliance the big wins they expect in Arathi and Gilneas, give the Forsaken a big win in Hillsbrad, up the threat by simply replacing low level hostile NPCs with high level NPCs and give the Forsaken territory and numbers with expandion into the plaguelands.

Or whatever. There are other factors - some people are suggesting the Forsaken - or Sylvanas at least - will be leaving the Horde. There is also where is Frostmourne? Where is Koltira? How does this fit in with the Tyr clues?

EJL