Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    So, your "main" solution is creating 4th spec for all classes? Just make a brainstorming, and if you work enough, you will have alot new answers to create a DH class. And I'm saying this because in 1 minute, I can go with 4 or 5 new ideas for a DH, so imagine what can people do if they get paid for doing that, and are experts doing such things...


    Btw, I like the 4th spec option, but I prefer the DH class: melee-fighter using agility and demon powers, in other words, a warrior+rogue using some warlock/demon magic.


    I understand you like the idea, but I can't see it happening.

    Blizzard clearly liked the demon hunter too, and they broke it down and added it's essence to Warlocks. In some ways they are the same fundamental class, except the Demon Hunter is melee and the Warlock is a ranged caster.

    In fact if you asked me to sum up a demon hunter without using the phrase demon hunter I would say a melee warlock.

  2. #102
    Warlocks would make the best acolytes to train to become a demonhunter, they have KNOWLEDGE OF DEMONS and make pacts with them already, demonhunter just go a step above and fuse there soul.

    In some ways i think demonhunter as a 4th spec would make a great questline like *green fire* to unlock.

    *hell if they added more specs to classes, questlines to introduce them would be a smart move to teach even vets on how to play*

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    There will never be a demon hunter CLASS

    with the incoming demo revamp for 7.0 *because blizzard doesn't like how it plays*

    they will never take meta away as it's to much part of the warlock class now *and two classes with meta would be stupid*

    the most likely outcome is Demo gets split into two specs like FERAL DRUIDS DID.

    one focused on demon summoning/empowering minions *Demonolgy base don Gul'dan*

    The other one Meta/self empowerment *Demon Hunter based on Illidan* AS A TANK SPEC.
    *as many warlocks want warlock tanking back*
    Illidan also was in a sense a cloth wearer, As he worn only pants and and blindfold, he was a better magic user then ever a physical fighter *in books/lore* maybe not so much in games like HotS

    this solves many and all problems, it's easier to *split*make a spec then a new class.
    It add demon hunters
    It gives warlocks tanking back that was added in Mist *even though it got nerfed at release but was still viable in many situations*
    IT MIGHT also solve the lack of tanks problem because everyone and there mother wanting to be a Demon Hunter *although i wouldn't be surprised if they added a talent like Warriors Gladitators resolve*

    It also fits lore as KANRETHAD was obessed with Illidans powers and wanted to learn to control them himself *and he was a warlock*. The questline it self also hinted at Illidan being Alive. So it would not be out of reach Illidan returns to train a new set of demon hunters from THE BLACK HARVEST, which does comprise of horde and alliance warlocks, so it is easy to explain why both factions get .

    This would also allow to open up Night Elf Warlocks
    *maybe even draenei cause we had a expansion full of them and i want to be one of these two*
    You're very naive.

  4. #104
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,429
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    That's what the guy in the van said.
    He lied, he said there would be candy
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    There will never be a demon hunter CLASS

    with the incoming demo revamp for 7.0 *because blizzard doesn't like how it plays*

    they will never take meta away as it's to much part of the warlock class now *and two classes with meta would be stupid*

    the most likely outcome is Demo gets split into two specs like FERAL DRUIDS DID.

    one focused on demon summoning/empowering minions *Demonolgy base don Gul'dan*

    The other one Meta/self empowerment *Demon Hunter based on Illidan* AS A TANK SPEC.
    *as many warlocks want warlock tanking back*
    Illidan also was in a sense a cloth wearer, As he worn only pants and and blindfold, he was a better magic user then ever a physical fighter *in books/lore* maybe not so much in games like HotS

    this solves many and all problems, it's easier to *split*make a spec then a new class.
    It add demon hunters
    It gives warlocks tanking back that was added in Mist *even though it got nerfed at release but was still viable in many situations*
    IT MIGHT also solve the lack of tanks problem because everyone and there mother wanting to be a Demon Hunter *although i wouldn't be surprised if they added a talent like Warriors Gladitators resolve*

    It also fits lore as KANRETHAD was obessed with Illidans powers and wanted to learn to control them himself *and he was a warlock*. The questline it self also hinted at Illidan being Alive. So it would not be out of reach Illidan returns to train a new set of demon hunters from THE BLACK HARVEST, which does comprise of horde and alliance warlocks, so it is easy to explain why both factions get .

    This would also allow to open up Night Elf Warlocks
    *maybe even draenei cause we had a expansion full of them and i want to be one of these two*
    No. You are very very wrong.

  6. #106
    After what Watcher said about getting rid of Warlock's demonology spec as it was too confusing and needs revamp. (Potentially removal of demonology and replacing it with something else)

    It is safe to say Demon hunter will be a playable class next.

  7. #107
    Warriors in Tera are an interesting example of what a demon hunter tank could play like I think.
    I love how Blizzard changed the tool tip in WOD for Warlocks to literally say they "stole" the spell from demon hunters,... and what you see people here so adamantly certain they know,...
    Last edited by Yig; 2015-08-02 at 03:32 AM.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Warriors in Tera are a god example of what a demon hunter tank could play like.
    I love how Blizzard changed the tool tip in WOD for Warlocks to literally say they "stole" the spell from demon hunters,... and what you see people here so adamantly certain they know,...
    Did you ever notice what the tooltip says for Garrison Followers with Meta?

  9. #109
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, Warlocks did literally steal it from Demon Hunters. That is canon, and in game.
    And Warlocks have it NOW.

    In game. And there are more Warlock players than DH players in WoW....giving them priority because there is no DH class.

    EJL

  10. #110
    The Insane General Zanjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Heart of Azeroth
    Posts
    15,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Warriors in Tera are a god example of what a demon hunter tank could play like.
    I love how Blizzard changed the tool tip in WOD for Warlocks to literally say they "stole" the spell from demon hunters,... and what you see people here so adamantly certain they know,...
    They did? I want proof
    #tracerisawesomelycute
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ght=shada%27in
    Mods are bias
    "I believe in honor but when it comes to war i will do whatever it takes to protect or save my family" -General Zanjin

  11. #111
    I would like to see another attack power based ranged class
    you are not your class,
    you are not how much gold you have in the bank
    you're not the mount you ride,
    you're not the contents of your bags,
    You're not your f***ing epics
    you're the all singing all dancing crap of the world....of warcraft

  12. #112
    Actual design aside, I think demon hunters are the only class they could add that could come CLOSE to generating as much hype as Death Knights did. Seriously, the DK starting zone is still probably one of my favorite memories of the game (doing it when it was brand new and not after stat squish etc. fucked it up). Illidan has a fanbase similar to Arthas, potentially larger.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    No. You are very very wrong.
    instead of just saying *Your wrong and I am right!*


    please TELL ME WHY. explain your point, you obviously have none if all you can say is *i am wrong*.

    aka be constructive.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    instead of just saying *Your wrong and I am right!*


    please TELL ME WHY. explain your point, you obviously have none if all you can say is *i am wrong*.

    aka be constructive.
    Larodar already covered the main crux of your argument. Lore is flexible and ever changing. Lore is used for the sole purpose of bridging game design into WoW. You can see this with Blood Elves being added to the Horde or all the lore that was added in Cataclysm for new race/class combos. Lore explains game design decisions. There is no reason why pre-existing lore could not change or be retconned in any way or form, and this includes the Night Elves ban on arcane magic for the last 10,000 years.

    Second of all, all your points are under the assumption that game design can not be changed for whatever reason. Yet you overlook the fact that Demonology's gameplay has been changed numerous times with each and every expansion up to now. Demonology started out as a buffed pet spec, then TBC turned it into Felguard only spec, then Wrath added Meta as a cooldown ability while Cataclysm did a massive overhaul to the Meta-centric spec we see today. MoP then streamlined all the expansion content by cutting away many abilities that were once considered core to classes, like Druid Innervate, Warlock and Priest mana steals and all sorts of other stuff.

    If Warlock Demo spec is getting an overhaul, then expect a change in any number of directions. There's no mandate that says Meta is here to stay. Even Blizzard had said in interviews that they once had a summoner-centric spec for Cata's Demonology spec, but it ended up making the pets seem more important than the player so they dumped it in favour of the current GW2 Death Shroud Necro copycat system.

    Basically your reasonings are invalidated by Blizzard's own methods of game design, which are simply unpredictable and subject to their design whims. If they want to make Warlocks healers by using health funnel and life drains, then they will do it. If they want Warlocks to tank with dual warglaives, then they will do it. At no point will any current lore or facet of game design ever be a consideration in what they feel is necessary to change the direction of the Warlock. Lore is the last possible factor that would affect these decisions.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2015-08-02 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

  15. #115
    do it blizz

    its time

  16. #116
    Herald of the Titans ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Icecrown
    Posts
    2,927
    I will never understand the appeal of Demon Hunters. The name alone makes me roll my eyes.

  17. #117
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    And Warlocks have it NOW.

    In game. And there are more Warlock players than DH players in WoW....giving them priority because there is no DH class.

    EJL
    They stole the idea and ran with it to augment what they already knew. Demo actually has a pretty unique resource system and gameplay, there's no reason a DH class couldn't have a form of Meta that simply works differently because the class itself would use (hopefully) a very different resource and gameplay system. That is fundamentally where the difference has to be, gameplay.

  18. #118
    Brewmaster Nyoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Between arak and a hard place.
    Posts
    1,484
    As long as they add Ogres im all good

  19. #119
    I understand you like the idea, but I can't see it happening.

    Blizzard clearly liked the demon hunter too, and they broke it down and added it's essence to Warlocks. In some ways they are the same fundamental class, except the Demon Hunter is melee and the Warlock is a ranged caster.

    In fact if you asked me to sum up a demon hunter without using the phrase demon hunter I would say a melee warlock.
    I completly understand your opinion.
    For me a DH is like a [rogue+warrior] character: I mained Night Elfs in old battle.net, even if I was an Horde player and the DH hero was a hit and run character, that was perfect to facerush minions, kill one or two units in the frontline and retreat (with some luck, kill that early Tauren Warriors before the healing wards came), it's the same in HOTS, Illidan have dashes, acrobatic abilities and use AA to do dmg but the tactic changed a bit because your main targets are not in the frontline, so you search and kill (or better...you HUNT!) the low hp characters, and then retreat faster (so, kill other ranged assas jumping over tanks and running back before the chain-stun catches you).

    Because of that, we can assume that the playstyle of Illidan is a facerush with shields/evasion/healing/more healing AA (buble, buble, buble) and hit and run tactics, this is why I see something between rogue and warrior (no stealth, facerush, but the agility of a rogue to stay in melee), than a warlock.

    In conclusion, a warrior+rogue character that use Demons to have a power-up over other fighters (being faster, stronger, etc...) is a Demon Hunter.

    So, appart from meta, warlocks and DH are like Paladins and Priests, both use holy powers....but nothing more.

    P.D: Btw, I dont' have any problem if they can create a rogue/warlock/warrior 4th spec, but I prefer to see them like the second Heroic Class.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2015-08-02 at 10:43 AM.

  20. #120
    Warchief Notshauna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    I completly understand that. But it's just an opinion (bold letters).
    For me a DH is like a [rogue+warrior] character: I mained Night Elfs in old battle.net, even if I was an Horde player and the DH hero was a hit and run character, that was perfect to facerush minions, kill one or two units in the frontline and retreat (with some luck, kill that early Tauren Warriors before the healing wards came), even in HOTS, Illidan have dashes, acrobatic abilities and use AA to do dmg.

    Even the playstyle of Illidan is a facerush with shields/evasion/healing/more healing AA (buble, buble, buble) and hit and run tactics, this is why I see something between rogue and warrior (no stealth, facerush, but the agility of a rogue to stay in melee), than a warlock. In conclusion, a warrior+rogue character that use Demons to have a power-up over other fighters (being faster, stronger,etc...) is a Demon Hunter.

    So, appart from meta, warlocks and DH are like Paladins and Priests, both use holy powers....but nothing more.
    I suppose the fear is that there isn't anything else to Demon Hunters beyond metamorphosis and melee hits. And frankly the "core" Demon Hunter is probably about the size of a spec, but you're not going to get a full fledged class anywhere in a single WC3 Hero. Demon Hunters actually have a very important anti-magic history which can easily be interconnected with the Wardens and Spell Breakers. But, we'll know soon enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •