Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think we'll get a sub-spec, if we are lucky. Not a brand new Class.

Think Gladiator's Resolve and Claws of Shirvallah.

Full thoughts here - http://wowalt.com/2015/08/you-want-a...-lucky-wow-x6/
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

They can take meta away from locks just fine. Sure they'll be upset for a while. Who cares? They'll get over it. They wouldn't be the first class to lose an iconic ability.

Deleted
    I do love certain posters on this site obsession with the "dameon huntard" There's more threads about them than any other topic combined i would imagine. I actually got a time out ban once for saying on one of these many, many, many posts "I wanna be a dameon huntard! " You guys are so damn cute. I despise and love you all in equal measure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    They can take meta away from locks just fine. Sure they'll be upset for a while. Who cares? They'll get over it. They wouldn't be the first class to lose an iconic ability.
    They'd be the first to lose an iconic aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They'd be the first to lose an iconic aesthetic.
    Well there's a first for everything.

Warlocks shouldn't have ever gotten meta anyway, they never transformed into demons in lore. Blizzard fucked up by giving it to them in the first place, removing it would just be correcting a mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cokecan View Post
    I do love certain posters on this site obsession with the "dameon huntard" There's more threads about them than any other topic combined i would imagine. I actually got a time out ban once for saying on one of these many, many, many posts "I wanna be a dameon huntard! " You guys are so damn cute. I despise and love you all in equal measure
    It's really ironic you're whining about "dameon huntard" when you yourself are acting like an insufferable teenage edge lord.

10+ Year Old Account

Warlocks shouldn't have ever gotten meta anyway, they never transformed into demons in lore. Blizzard fucked up by giving it to them in the first place, removing it would just be correcting a mistake.
    A mistake that they then tied into their Mastery, and then their resource system over the course of the subsequent expansions making it a little bit more than 'iconic' but rather a fundamental and central part of the class design? They went down that road for what? 7 years by now? There's hardly anyone left that remembers Warlocks not having it.

Fuck, you go on forums and people call the spec Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    A mistake that they then tied into their Mastery, and then their resource system over the course of the subsequent expansions making it a little bit more than 'iconic' but rather a fundamental and central part of the class design? They went down that road for what? 7 years by now? There's hardly anyone left that remembers Warlocks not having it.

Fuck, you go on forums and people call the spec Meta.
    So maybe it's time for demo to get a complete overhaul and make it a little bit more like how it used to be. Not so much focus on the meta, more focus on the demon minions themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    I think we'll get a sub-spec, if we are lucky. Not a brand new Class.

Think Gladiator's Resolve and Claws of Shirvallah.

Full thoughts here - http://wowalt.com/2015/08/you-want-a...-lucky-wow-x6/
    I don't see how additional subspecs are easier to balance (then a new class), it makes stuff even harder to balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    So maybe it's time for demo to get a complete overhaul and make it a little bit more like how it used to be. Not so much focus on the meta, more focus on the demon minions themselves.
    Except even BM which has a couple of abilities struggles to 'focus on the pets', I keep seeing people say it, but the interface doesn't work for it; it makes the player feel irrelevant because so much has to be too passive. Not to mention all the fucking whinging about pets AI putting us down the path of bring Sacrifice and Lone Wolf talents in. And even more whinging about PC performance because 'too many pets', and all the whining about Doomguards being too big...

The practicalities stand in the way so much, which is why they went down the Meta route to begin with.

I suppose the fear is that there isn't anything else to Demon Hunters beyond metamorphosis and melee hits. And frankly the "core" Demon Hunter is probably about the size of a spec, but you're not going to get a full fledged class anywhere in a single WC3 Hero. Demon Hunters actually have a very important anti-magic history which can easily be interconnected with the Wardens and Spell Breakers. But, we'll know soon enough.
    +1
    I'm just pointing what we know form the existing DH that we can already play in Blizzard games, and how is the feeling (mechanics) of playing them. Of course, if they want to change their playstyle and giving them ranged weapons and remove the "melee" of them, they can do that too!!! (after all, they are the creators of DH and can do whatever they want).

10+ Year Old Account
    Player1:"There's going to be a demon hunter class"
    Player2:"There's not going to a demon hunter class"

90% of threads in MMO-C general.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    Taking away meta from Warlocks at this point would be like taking away Hunter pets/Traps from hunters. It's only going to cause outrage even if something new and shiny is given. It's easier to split the spec and KEEP PEOPLE HAPPY ON ALL SIDES mostly.
    *there will always be complainers even if blizzard gave everyone 1 million gold*

and as i said, there is plenty of lore reason why warlocks would become demonhunter's over *random hero*.

good one is they are mages dealing with demons *as Illidan was a mage dealing with demons*
    *as there literally is no difference between warlocks and mages, they can cast all the same spells, the name really more refers to what school of magic they follow*
    Seems like warlocks bitch allot, we only have like 20% more health the other classes, good mobility, survivability, cc, pets, crazy ass aoe burst, good single target, for the last 5 patches. BabyRage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Odds are it'll be easier to do going forward now that they've already got the tech for expanding character slots in place.
    I can't figure out why they don't just give players 25 slots per server, 50 slots per account.

As in, a "design reason". We all know what the actual reason is.

As for the argument - Blizzard will do what shifts boxes, it's as simple as that. How many warlocks (a generally unpopular class, last I looked) would actually quit over the loss of Metamorphosis? Probably very few. How many boxes would be shifted if Blizzard introduced the demon hunter class? Probably a lot.

Besides, the whole argument about there being no "hole" for demon hunters to fit into hardly matters. There wasn't a role to be filled when death knights or monks were introduced, but they happened anyway. If the theme of the expansion even remotely fits the demon hunter class, it'll happen because it's good business to make it happen.

We all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    meta is the root of all demo issues. it needs to be removed.
    Divine Shield is the root of all paladin issues, but it's still going strong after a decade. There are design solutions to Metamorphosis, so it doesn't "need removed" under that particular auspice.

Deleted
    Blizzard shouldn’t add any classes and should focus on the current ones. They already have issues balancing PvP at the moment and definitely do not need another class to add to balance party. New races would be nice, but there are not many that would be playable for a few reasons: female versions, armor models, etc. Just to name 3 popular ones:
    - Nagas would be weird in terms of armor (wearing helmets, feet, pants).
    - Ogres/giants need female versions & complete armor-wearing models
    - Ethereals need armor-wearing models

- San'layn could be possible through Slyvanas (horde) somehow. We have both male/female versions and they have armor. Seeing as we have blood elves already, it is doubtfull this will work.

Demon hunters : Maybe add it as a 4th spec to warlocks (or hunters). It would also probably be in a demon expansion so just wait til the 6th and see.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah the chances of Blizzard doing this to pander to nostalgia is ZERO.

People want this, that is fine.

I don't see it as a separate class but others do.

But what I can GUARANTEE is that if YOUR vision of the class involves Blizzard using a wrecking ball on an existing spec of an existing class in order to justify it, then you are no longer approaching the subject rationally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    But what I can GUARANTEE is that if YOUR vision of the class involves Blizzard using a wrecking ball on an existing spec of an existing class in order to justify it, then you are no longer approaching the subject rationally.
    You don't think it's rational to consider that Blizzard will do what'll most beneficially influence their bottom line?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    You don't think it's rational to consider that Blizzard will do what'll most beneficially influence their bottom line?
    I do, which is why his suggestion is madness. Pissing off an existing class to please adherents of a class that doesn't exist is pretty much madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I do, which is why his suggestion is madness. Pissing off an existing class to please adherents of a class that doesn't exist is pretty much madness.
    I wonder how many would even care. Most of them would probably be pissed off only because they can't look like a demon anymore, more so than the actual gameplay effect.

Classes have changed so much since vanilla, everyone's always going to be pissed off over one change or the other. If they have to revamp an existing spec to make a new class work, all power to them. Let them do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many would even care. Most of them would probably be pissed off only because they can't look like a demon anymore, more so than the actual gameplay effect.

Classes have changed so much since vanilla, everyone's always going to be pissed off over one change or the other. If they have to revamp an existing spec to make a new class work, all power to them. Let them do it.
    How many would care? Enough would care, count on it.

This isn't about modifying classes, this is about subtracting from Peter to very obviously give to Paul.

You really cannot seriously think Blizzard will hollow out an existing spec for a non existent class?