Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They wouldn't replace Warlocks, they'd replace Rogues.

They would cannibalize Warlocks, limiting their potential design space, and eventually hurting both classes as a result.

And before you level the stupid Priest/Paladin argument, Priests use shadow magic, and Paladins have offense-based holy specializations. The difference between Locks and DHs is akin to the difference between Elemental and Enhancement Shaman.
    And you're basing this off the one or two abilities the wow class shares with the rts ability?

That's completely insane.

If Demon Hunters become a class they will have an entirely different set of abilities than their rts counterparts with maybe one or two abilities for flavor. Just like Death Knights and just like Brewmasters

All of the WoW classes are so far removed from their rts counterparts that objectively the only serve as a rough outline

And you're continuously make huge assumptions and leaps in logic about Demon Hunters cannibalizing other classes when you have zero relevant knowledge to work with.

It would be incredibly easy to make a new age demon hunter. People are so close minded. They don't need to adhere 100% to how they were in WC3.

Look at the ACTUAL demon hunters who were in the Night Elf military in WC3, not Illidan. Their story is completely different from his, beyond the huge gaps they've left rife to be filled in still.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Teriz knows. He's just playing up the angles that suit his arguments.

He uses the same logic to apply to his own concepts when it suits him, like how he's saying the Shadowstalker doesn't need to stick to any hard Dark Ranger or Shadow Hunter abilities to use their themes. Mention a Demon Hunter, and it becomes an impossibility because their abilities are used by other classes.
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Then that's something you'll have to deal with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yeah, here is a prediction.

They won't.

Blizzard makes changes to IMPROVE specs in their opinion.

They aren't going to demolish an existing spec simply to facilitate the introduction of a new class that doesn't even exist.

I don't know how you rationalise that they'd be willing to piss off existing players in order to please a group who really don't have a constituency (that is, an existing class) but it ain't gonna happen.

They don't in WoW, ever since Vanilla they have had NPCs and players decked out in full gear, where every DH you have ever seen has the same outfit.
    That's not true. One of Samwise old concepts was a DH wearing heavy armour (don't know why, it looked weird, like if a warrior and a DK had a child...). Even some of the first pictures had diferent weapons than warglaives (a big lance with some runes).
    Btw, they can change that or create a new setting that fits better (runeblades for DKs for example) so it's just a minor "problem". Look at pandas, some of the early concepts had Vikings Pandarens!!!

They aren't going to demolish an existing spec simply to facilitate the introduction of a new class that doesn't even exist.

I don't know how you rationalise that they'd be willing to piss off existing players in order to please a group who really don't have a constituency (that is, an existing class) but it ain't gonna happen.
    The thing is, what's the "improve" that they want? At demonology, it was to have a new demons, at BC was an unique summon in an specific spec, then a transformation, etc...what happens if they don't see that like an improvement? the same things like other classes that lost some abilities... (and hey, I'm not saying that they should steal meta from warlocks...there are alot of other possibilities than can fix that).

And IMHO, I don't thing that they need to remove metamorphosis from Warlocks, they can expand that spec in a unique melee class (disci priest uses alot of bubles, and paladins are the buble-man archetype, and both use the same type of powers, so they can do something like this two archetypes, and I don't see anyone complaining between them to be the same).
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2015-08-02 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Yeah, here is a prediction.

They won't.

Have you played a Demonology Warlock since Vanilla? The system's changed almost every expansion. Even now, they are not satisfied with Demonology as it stands.

You think they've never demolished their existing gameplay to usher in new systems? Just look at the massive overhaul Death Knights got when their 3 Tank/3 DPS specs were completely overhauled into streamlined roles. It was a gameplay change out of necessity that moved the game in a new direction; one that was easier for them to balance. That is how game design is rationalized, not by whether it would make fans happy/sad/angry.

Of course players were pissed off at losing Frost DW Tanking. People got over it. And then we got Dual Wield tanking Monks.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2015-08-02 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    That's not true. One of Samwise old concepts was a DH wearing heavy armour (don't know why, it looked weird, like if a warrior and a DK had a child...). Even some of the first pictures had diferent weapons than warglaives (a big lance with some runes).
    Btw, they can change that or create a new setting that fits better (runeblades for DKs for example) so it's just a minor "problem". Look at pandas, some of the early concepts had Vikings Pandarens!!!.

I ment in WoW. At the moment of introduction of DKs they hadn't played a prominent role in WoW for like 99% of the players, the only real ones they met was Baron and Barov, the four horsemen although famous weren't seen by many players and in game there was no real mention of runeblades, except for the epic drop from baron. For DH you had 1 that didn't lay any role but then in TBC you ran into several some questgivers, some enemies but much more visible than the DKs of Vanilla.

Demon Hunters wouldn't limit warlock design any more than paladins limit priest design.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamortykins View Post
    Demon Hunters wouldn't limit warlock design any more than paladins limit priest design.
    Nah, that's too hard. You think the people at Blizzard are actually getting paid to do stuff like class design? Way too hard.
    We'll figure out how to travel in spaceships at light-speed before Blizzard could even fathom the concept of Demon Hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you played a Demonology Warlock since Vanilla? The system's changed almost every expansion. Even now, they are not satisfied with Demonology as it stands.

You think they've never demolished their existing gameplay to usher in new systems? Just look at the massive overhaul Death Knights got when their 3 Tank/3 DPS specs were completely overhauled into streamlined roles. It was a gameplay change out of necessity that moved the game in a new direction; one that was easier for them to balance. That is how game design is rationalized, not by whether it would make fans happy/sad/angry.

Of course players were pissed off at losing Frost DW Tanking. People got over it. And then we got Dual Wield tanking Monks.
    The roles changed, but the gameplay not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    And you're basing this off the one or two abilities the wow class shares with the rts ability?

That's completely insane.

If Demon Hunters become a class they will have an entirely different set of abilities than their rts counterparts with maybe one or two abilities for flavor. Just like Death Knights and just like Brewmasters

All of the WoW classes are so far removed from their rts counterparts that objectively the only serve as a rough outline

And you're continuously make huge assumptions and leaps in logic about Demon Hunters cannibalizing other classes when you have zero relevant knowledge to work with.
    Name a few abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    The roles changed, but the gameplay not so much.
    I think that's confirmation that you've not played or followed Demonology since Vanilla. Please do some research before you talk about something you know nothing about.

Collection of DH spells from all of their WoW/WC3/HoTS(Not Valla, passive talents not included either) appearances:

Debilitating Strike
    Spellbreaker
    Sweeping Strike
    Dive
    Darklance
    Immolate
    Aura of Immolation
    Demon Rush
    Demon Hunter's Resolve
    Mana Burn
    Curse of Flames
    The Hunt
    Demon Hunter's Thirst
    Shadow Shield (Evasion)
    Shadow Blades
    Blood for Blood
    Gift of Sargeras(Metamorphosis)
    Agonizing Flames
    Aura of Dread
    Draw Soul
    Flame Burst
    Flame Crash
    Shadow Prison
    Flames of Azzinoth
    Shadow Blast
    Glaive Toss
    Path of Flames
    Dark Barrage
    Smite Demon
    Spectral Sight

Yeah guys, Demon Hunters don't have abilities. Abilities are the easiest thing ever to come up with, especially when you already have the basic idea and concept behind it. Stop trying to use the abilities as an excuse to argue, your point will remain invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's confirmation that you've not played or followed Demonology since Vanilla. Please do some research before you talk about something you know nothing about.
    I'm referring to Death Knights which, by the looks, you know nothing about. None of their abilities were given to another class, nor spell effects copied.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    *snip*
    I posted a question long ago regarding Demon Hunters. But would it be possible that their resistance to magic is related to the Fel Breaker ogres in Highmaul? Since "While Illidan fought demons, he also learned from them and used their own magic against them, something which both his own brother Malfurion and his long childhood friend Tyrande didn't find appropriate."

If it is, then Koragh's abilities are some of the animations we'll get to see (assuming Demon Hunters will be playable).
    Last edited by Polybius; 2015-08-04 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yeah guys, Demon Hunters don't have abilities. Abilities are the easiest thing ever to come up with, especially when you already have the basic idea and concept behind it. Stop trying to use the abilities as an excuse to argue, your point will remain invalid.
    I'd kill for Eye Blast to be a spell :P

10+ Year Old Account
    We had one iconic monk and they made a race and class out of him.

We have one Iconic Demon Hunter and we wipe him out, because they wrote him to fail. :\

I'd love to see it, but I'm doubtful.

Demon Hunter would definitely restore a shred of my faith in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I'm referring to Death Knights which, by the looks, you know nothing about. None of their abilities were given to another class, nor spell effects copied.
    Again, why would abilities need to be given to any other class? The Demon Hunter would take nothing away from the Warlock. Multiple classes can have similar spells that draw from the same source. Paladins and Priests both have Holy healing abilities, holy AoE spells and shielding abilities. The theme isn't diminished for either class for being a Holy-based healer.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2015-08-04 at 05:47 AM.

Yes. We will have Demon Hunters. But they will have nothing to do with Warlocks. You lack the imagination to find a creative way to differentiate them, but that doesn't mean Blizzard does.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Demon hunters arent casters
    Sure. They just pretend they cast Shadwobolt, Shadowfury, Banish, Curses, etc.....
    DH used ranged casting in WC3, never mind WoW. It might not be their primary focus....but they can and do cast.

EJL

Paladins cast spells too. So do Death Knights. And Enh Shamans. Heck, even Ferals have a talent to cast moonfire in kitty form. Doesn't mean they're casters though.