Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I know, hence my distaste for Haunt in the first place. It puts more focus on single target dmg with our dots and neutered our multi target dmg. Wasn't a fan of drain soul either since it further streamlines the spec into single target dmg. I pretty much played Ret for most of this xpac and hopefully afflic will be the DoT spec it used to be.
    The multidot damage is always going to be throttled though; again that's the point. It's not like it's cheating us out of something that would be there without it, because between Haunt and DS, they're just doing exactly what Haunt and Shadow Embrace did before the revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That's funny, because it has the same effect on the spec that demonbolt has on demo and we know how much you love demonbolt.

It removes all management from the spec and makes there 1 correct answer, and then makes being shard starved the most frustrating thing ever.
    Demonbolt does a lot more than just give you a 'one answer' resource spent, but we had that discussion months ago. Sure, there is normally a main 'one answer' on SB:Haunt, but again, with the set bonuses normally you do get a few throwaways. I'm not pretending it's perfect, such was my choice of words; there is more flexibility and decision making without it, but on the other hand it isn't completely awful like ISF was. It's playable, it feels 'okay' most of the time, it doesn't cripple your mobility, and there are fights you get clear rewards for doing it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally wish DoTs would just spread to everything around them with each tick, like Necrotic Plague does for DKs. It would give Affliction that much needed AoE, and it would basically be fire and forget. That way, as long as you maintain it on one target, it will spread to the others.

As far as single target goes right now though, I'm happy with it. I don't feel like we need another DoT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Affliction only needs 1 more dot. A spell that converts all of our dots on the target into one powerful dot effect, dealing damage equal to the damage of the summation of the individual dots, with maybe increased tick period or extra crit chance or longer duration or something. This will eliminate the big mess of refreshing many dots with varying durations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    but on the other hand it isn't completely awful like ISF was.
    I genuinely find it worse than ISF, because its the same thing except you need a secondary resource that comes from a fairly low percentage proc that is completely out of your control to maintain it. Add on top of that that it removes proper management and thought from the spec and... yeah...
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molagzhul View Post
    Affliction only needs 1 more dot. A spell that converts all of our dots on the target into one powerful dot effect, dealing damage equal to the damage of the summation of the individual dots, with maybe increased tick period or extra crit chance or longer duration or something. This will eliminate the big mess of refreshing many dots with varying durations.
    Would be a satisfying gameplay! And would balance spread and burst dmg of affliction.

Deleted
    I genuinely find it worse than ISF, because its the same thing except you need a secondary resource that comes from a fairly low percentage proc that is completely out of your control to maintain it. Add on top of that that it removes proper management and thought from the spec and... yeah...
    I was thinking that a few nights ago, can't help but feel SB:H as a mechanic would be more at home in Destruction where you can control your resource.

Feels atrocious if you end up being shafted on the SS lottery and you're incapable of doing anything to influence it, at least when you had Drain Soul you'd be able to drain pre-execute to generate shards at a dps loss, useful when you needed priority damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I was thinking that a few nights ago, can't help but feel SB:H as a mechanic would be more at home in Destruction where you can control your resource.

Feels atrocious if you end up being shafted on the SS lottery and you're incapable of doing anything to influence it, at least when you had Drain Soul you'd be able to drain pre-execute to generate shards at a dps loss, useful when you needed priority damage.
    There are usually adds you can do that anyway. But like I say, it's rarely a problem once you have set bonuses; sure you'll really notice when it is an issue - but it's far fewer pulls than it is fine. The RNG protection is there.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-08-10 at 10:00 PM.

There are usually adds you can do that anyway.
    The fights you play affliction on this tier are very scarce on adds to use in that manner. Affliction is currently only played when you need heavy single target focus or council. You get RNG fucked on shards all the time this tier, it's better with the class trinket which is currently the only thing that affects shard generation that we use... but you really shouldn't be using said trinket except on council.

But like I say, it's rarely a problem once you have set bonuses; sure you'll really notice when it is an issue - but it's far fewer pulls than it is fine. The RNG protection is there.
    I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the set bonus. The only affect it has on sb:h is the increased duration on DS if you're lucky giving you more potential up time on the haste to maybe give you shards if again you're lucky.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I generally like it now, perhaps not as much as in the past. My biggest complaint is AOE in low health AOE situations and in things that are not able to be dotted which kills us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the set bonus. The only affect it has on sb:h is the increased duration on DS if you're lucky giving you more potential up time on the haste to maybe give you shards if again you're lucky.
    It both gives extra Shards from the extra up time, and saves Shards by not spending those extras on the added DS uptime. That's my observation anyway >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not min one extra dot, anymore would be just annoying. Now lets just never go back to 21/40 spec again. Most boring spec ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    With snapshotting gone another dot or two would make the spec more engaging and it'd fit the theme of the spec.

Remember 3.0 affliction? Keeping up ua, corruption, curse of agony, the siphon life dot, immolate, AND haunt up. That was challenging and a ton of fun.

Edit: put has in the thread title instead of has could a mod please edit it?
    And shadow bolt, wtb shadow bolt filler back

I agree, MOAR DOTS!

Deleted
    There are usually adds you can do that anyway. But like I say, it's rarely a problem once you have set bonuses; sure you'll really notice when it is an issue - but it's far fewer pulls than it is fine. The RNG protection is there.
    I wish I could say I was finding that to be the case. Council in particular seems to result in me turning the air blue when I need shards for sub-30%'s and RNG dicks me over. I thought I might have just been spending them too freely the first few times, but I duno, I've had it crop up even when I'm only maintaining SB-H and it's the worst.

It both gives extra Shards from the extra up time, and saves Shards by not spending those extras on the added DS uptime. That's my observation anyway >.>
    It's helpful, but it seems to be giving you help when you don't always need it - on the pull I'll sometimes be overflowing in shards enough that I can just vent a haunt and still end up on 4 shards, and yes, this is with Soulburning in advance to have psuedo-5 shards.

The problems are later into the fight. If you're running low on shards, DS and the set bonus aren't going to help. The best it can do is extend a vanilla haunt, not help if SB:H is dropping, where your normal haunt is often the least of your issues.
    At best it feels like, without altering DS usage to times where you wouldn't want to use it, it can potentially save you IF you start running dry during a proc period where you'd want DS up. If you've ran dry before then or after then, it's not really a help, and even during the procs DS only goes so far in helping with SS generation.

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    I would not min one extra dot, anymore would be just annoying. Now lets just never go back to 21/40 spec again. Most boring spec ever.
    eh, I found WOTLK Naxx affliction with immolate in the rotation pretty entertaining, not sure how it'd feel with the way dots refresh now. With refreshing dots early being fine it might just feel like you get to a point where you just refresh everything and go back to filler, as opposed to staggered dot refreshes between filler due to the durations all being varied.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2015-08-14 at 06:03 PM.

as a long time affliction player in pvp and pve, I feel it was at it's best during the beginning of cataclysm. (yes soul swap was OP but the function was fun)
    I've always been a proficient multi dotter and accurate refresher (during snap shotting), and I honestly never had more fun playing affliction well. I enjoy a challenge and never used addons and was/am still able to rank/pvp effectively, but they have taken a lot of the fun out of it!

I don't think we need more dots, (although yes please SL again) and I don't think snapshotting is the answer either, just let soul swap function like it use to!

solution? take away some of the burst from the haunt train you can run (pvp speaking) to justify more steady, sustained, and spread damage like affliction is meant to do!

just a couple opinions from somebody who has always been affliction in both aspects of the game!