Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    To those of you biting your knuckles with anticipation over how many subs they've lost... get a life. Seriously. Because you epitomize everything that is wrong with this 'community' and you overshadow anything that is wrong with the game itself.

Its pathetic enough that a bunch of people here sit around practically giddy with glee at the idea of the game losing subs, and its even more pathetic that this site has bought into that enough to post a huge 'Expansion Announcement!' style countdown for an earnings call.

I always thought this was a 'fan' site. A place made by people who enjoyed the game, for people who enjoyed the game. Instead it has become a place where every word uttered by Blizzard is twisted and warped into something to suit someone's bitter, sorry little agenda. Its sad to see just how far things have fallen here. Whatever mistakes Blizzard has made with WoW these past few years (and they've made many) pale in comparison with the cesspool of toxic shit that this place has turned into.

And I've officially had my fill of it. To those of you who aren't petty and childish, take care and I wish you well in your endeavors.
    +1 /10char

Deleted
    From 10 million to 5.6 million in 7 months. Savage.

Q3 should be interesting.

Wow... that's.... no less than they deserve.

Neglect and greed will get your product nowhere.

I'm glad the players are finally starting to talk with the wallets. F2P coming soon™.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    5.6 million players for a 2015 MMO is pretty good going. The only thing they might be a little concerned about is the steepness of the decline during WoD but 5.6 million is still very good for a sub based MMO. No one is close to that.
    That doesn't change the fact the game lost HALF it's playerbase that it had at launch in 9 months time. No one sits in board meetings and goes "yknow lets only make 10 million dollars instead of 100 million this year"

Exclamation

Official number 5.6M, and no change to the subscriber definition:

Subscriber Definition: World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees' territories are defined along the same rules.
    So it's only "paid a subscription fee" unless using gold counts, so token games don't enter into it if they're telling the truth.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Holy shit that is gonna hurt. Then again im not suprised.

Also, on topic of token, the thing is that rather than bringing alot of players who were unsubbed, it just made subbed players unsub and buy token instead.
    Tokens are counted towards sub amounts on the account where the gametime is consumed on.

Deleted
    Good riddance, shit game.

This actually scares me so much...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Shows what happens when the only good content you develop in an expansion revolves around a feature that less than 35% of the player base is interested in participating in.
    I have to agree, the casual aspects of the game feel gutted of anything decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Looks like 6.2 did nothing and everything Blizzard has done has completely failed. Time for a total change in direction. Get back to what worked.
    Shit, you're right, this was after 6.2 launched. And after the WoW token became available. Holy shit, they are in trouble.

The drop to 5.6 million subs seems about right, considering everything that has been going on/the last few expansion sub cycles. But, is Blizzard getting worried?

On June 23, 2015, Blizzard Entertainment released, Fury of Hellfire, one of the largest non-expansion content updates to date for World of Warcraft. This new content helped stabilize the subscriber number towards the end of the quarter.
    LMAO

nice memes blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Cutting your subscription base in half in just 6 months. #justwarlordsthings
    How did they explain player dissatisfaction? Oh yes..."People are just worn off from playing wow" lol...

MAYBE if they focus on stuff other then raiding things will be better. The storylines of expansions after WOTLK are pure crap, every hero/villain is one dimensional. And why, for god sake, cant Blizz think of a better reason for a bad guy to do something other then he's gone mad??

All there's left in this game is raid raid and raid. CRAP!

Is there any confirmation on whether or not tokens are included in these numbers? I'm pretty sure they are not and thus there are more players playing the game than what is listed there.

I originally wanted them to lose subs so they get a wake up call. But honestly.... after WoD I'm not even sure if they get why their game isn't doing so good anymore.

Raiding. Raiding. Raiding.

7+ Year Old Account
    Explains the clearly quickly done promo image for the GamesCom announcement event. Clearly they looked at the sub numbers and went into a panic attack.

They're probably trying to release the next asap before too many are gone for good.

What is more interesting is to see what/if they charge for the next xpac. Because clearly people don't feel like they got their money out of it.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

So this is year 1 of vanilla numbers. Love or hate Warlords this is not a healthy situation. Still more than its closest competitors like FFXIV, but its competitors arent losing millions a month.

At this point i really doubt the current WoW teams ability to salvage this, but jesus christ i hope they show something on the 6th that shows they can right this.