High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Help with disc gearing/optimization

Currently progressing through normal hfc with my guild.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ACe/simple

My current gear. Mark of Doom will be removed today for 715 winged hourglass as I am struggeling with mana from time to time.
    I got 2pc t18 nm in my bags, but as I lose 35 ilvls using it I kinda switch between them. My shields and other heals benefit more from 720 shoulders and 700 legs than the 695 t18 it seems. So even though the penance boost is epic, I feel its lackluster when comparing to the increase in shields and other heals.

That being said I havent simmed it or analyzed it in a massive way, just quick observations and simple testing before pulls etc.

The head is not ideal in any way, but it was a lot better than what I had.

I will also be making some spec changes, removing tow for pi, and doing cascade instead of halo for most fights if not all.

I change between cow and wom depending on the fight and wether or not we got 2 disc priests that night.

Dont have any logs to provide yet, but using WA to remind me of solace and AA I think the uptime on both are decent.

Anything you guys can see gearwise that I should do? What should I focus on going forward? I really like my priest, I think I am doing well, but I am in no way an experienced priest player.

EDIT: Oh snap, ring enchant .

Another thing, how important do you reckon the leg ring is for disc priests? Should I suffer through the lengthy quest or do I run the risk of being a liability later on if I dont use it?
    Last edited by Freddiee; 2015-08-04 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    Hello Freddiee.

Legendary ring: non upgraded (735 ilvl) it'll increase ur healing & absorb by 25% for 15 sec, a huge boost to all healers on certain fights where spike dmg is a thing - however the effect of the ring "When this effect ends, ecah empowered lpayer unleashes a burst of energy that shields your allies, absorbing damage equal to 25% of all healing done while empowered", doesn't really work well with disc. Because as stated it actually only works on heals. Yet, the stats alone on the ring is high enough for it to be worth picking up.

Gearing: you'll be able to find different kind of gearing paths, but most of them will say that mastery is the go to stat after intellect. You have under 1k mastery unbuffed, which to be fair is very bad.

Your head is not actually that bad it gives haste/mastery, not bad. What is bad are items that doesn't give mastery.

All your stats will boost ur shields actively (apart from haste), but mastery wins by quite a lot.

The only problem u run into when gearing, is when u have an item with mastery, and a higher item lvl item drops but without mastery, then you need to calculate and figure out which piece you want. Otherwise take the mastery piece / or the higher ilvl piece.

tier 18 2set is very good with t17 2set (if u have that too).

Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    Hello Freddiee.

Legendary ring: non upgraded (735 ilvl) it'll increase ur healing & absorb by 25% for 15 sec
    The ring does not work with absorbs.

Your head is not actually that bad it gives haste/mastery, not bad. What is bad are items that doesn't give mastery.

All your stats will boost ur shields actively (apart from haste), but mastery wins by quite a lot.
    You have to get the chest and shoulders for the 4-piece, which both lack mastery. However, the healing increase from the 4-piece outweighs the mastery loss. As for haste, it does help your shields by lowering the gcd and allowing for more shield casts when needed.

tier 18 2set is very good with t17 2set (if u have that too).
    You can't rely on the T17 2-piece forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Helelos View Post
    The ring does not work with absorbs.
    The first part does, the second part does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygerlily177 View Post
    The first part does, the second part does not.
    I was mistaken then. The ring is merely non-optimal rather than bad

Deleted
    You have to get the chest and shoulders for the 4-piece.
    Achimonde head is offpiece, highest ilvl, and it has a good amount of mastery.

However, the healing increase from the 4-piece outweighs the mastery loss.
    I agree with this though, I've got the 4set my self too, even without the achimonde head (kilrogg chest offpiece, mastery/crit).

As for haste, it does help your shields by lowering the gcd and allowing for more shield casts when needed.
    Exactly, it does boost your shields, just not actively, as I wrote.