Poll: Pick one dammit

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best PvP spec among these?

Mobility, burst, CCs, utility and funwise. I don't care about the other spec/classes. Only these babies interest me.

Demo has Metamorphosis and a lot of demonz. Picking Warlock for Infernal and Dreadsteed.
    Frost has nice rotation and slows. Picking Mage for Spellsteal and Blink.
    Feral has op mobility and claws. Picking Druid for healz and shapeshifting.
    Sub is more Rogueish than other specs and has Shadow Dance. Picking Rogue for stealth and speed.

Note: Frost is for Mage btw.
    Last edited by Felpacino; 2015-08-04 at 03:05 PM.

Frost is always rank 1. Go Frost mage and never turn back!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arena or general pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Arena or general pvp?
    Arenas and BGs. Some world pvp can be spicy too

Frost and feral, for sure, though I'm not sure that anyone wants ferals for RBGs (just in case you decide to move in that direction). I seldom see demos and sub CAN be good if the rogue knows how to reset after every burst. Your damage is wet tissue in between dances.

Deleted
    frost and sub other 2 specs are worse than their other spec counter parts so are pretty meh

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost.

Feral is really strong in 3s right now, possibly stronger than Frost - but Frost is consistently a top spec in every aspect of PvP and has been since WoW launched. Frost is always good in rbgs, always good in arenas, always good wherever - Feral is sometimes really good in Arenas, and rarely good in RBGs (usually as a flag carrier).

If they invented a new PvP mode, with completely new rules, new objectives, new numbers of opponents - I wouldn't know anything about that mode - but I would be confident Frost would be a top contender from Day 1 until WoW servers shut down.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Rogue is only as good as his mage + rogue has one of the higher skill caps.

Rogues dont mongoloid and solo people with their burst most Patches they rely on someone else's damage they are just there to setup kills. They enter periods where they are mongoloid but recently its the other specs not sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    Rogue is only as good as his mage + rogue has one of the higher skill caps.

Rogues dont mongoloid and solo people with their burst most Patches they rely on someone else's damage they are just there to setup kills. They enter periods where they are mongoloid but recently its the other specs not sub.
    Mage has a higher skill cap than Rogue. Rogue is melee which means at some point you will have to mindlessly tunnel a target. Melee just inherently requires less skill by being melee where they depend on melee range to deal damage.

Ranged and Wizards will always take more skill to play than anything melee. There's a reason why every WoW tournament is filled with Wizards and ranged. It's because those classes have a higher skill cap that the best players can take advantage of to its maximum potential.

Brainless classes like DK/Warrior/Ret go nowhere in Tournament play not because they're bad, but because they have a very low and I MEAN low skill cap.
    Last edited by Rorke; 2015-08-06 at 12:37 PM.

Affliction should have been on this list.

Feral and Affliction locks right now imo are the best two.
    World of Warcraft PvP montages, guides, game updates and more!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dottzgaming
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/dottzgaming/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DottzGaming
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dottzgaming

Quote Originally Posted by Dottzx View Post

Demo is more fun than Affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dottzx View Post

Affliction is shit at casual pvp like wpvp and 1v1, which I assume this thread is about considering people say ferals are OP when they are only OP outside arena.

Frost has always been top tier for PvP so if you can play it try frost.

Forget about demo, like many other caster specs it is not in a good place mobility wise. The other 3 are all what you are looking for, with rogues having far more mobility, mages more cc but abysmal self healing etc. Feral is in a very good place atm too, decent-great everything.

Frost mage or Sub rogue; Though i've always found that the latter has more potential to carry a game than a frost mage does (where in a lot of cases they're reliant on team mates to even get CC).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Brainless classes like DK/Warrior/Ret go nowhere in Tournament play not because they're bad, but because they have a very low and I MEAN low skill cap.
    I disagree. A " skillcap " involves more than the number of buttons you can press or the area of your technical possibilities. Doing well with a few buttons requires a skill too, maybe in terms of timing, positioning ... having the possibility to assist your teammates, lifting damage, protecting or healing them requires skill too, and it has a learning curve, instead of focusing on your enemies, you have to focus on your teammates and take your potential actions with them in consideration too.

I agree that some classes have more potential at high skill level. Assuming some are brainless and have a slow skillcap is too excessive. Running after someone, coming back to melee range (or trying to !) requires choices and decisions, more than for distant damage dealers. It's different, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Mage has a higher skill cap than Rogue. Rogue is melee which means at some point you will have to mindlessly tunnel a target. Melee just inherently requires less skill by being melee where they depend on melee range to deal damage.

Ranged and Wizards will always take more skill to play than anything melee. There's a reason why every WoW tournament is filled with Wizards and ranged. It's because those classes have a higher skill cap that the best players can take advantage of to its maximum potential.

I disagree...dks and warriors may be mindless but rets have tons of utility that they have to use. As ret u have to multi task to be fully efficient

I picked mage because in the right hands they are far superior to the other three specs in every aspect of the game.

World Of Mage Craft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyBundy View Post
    I picked mage because in the right hands they are far superior to the other three specs in every aspect of the game.

World Of Mage Craft
    What? Mages suck at pvp. Their glory days of wotlk are gone, now they are a little better than shadow priests or elemental shamans, they suck against pretty much everything except warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Madokara Mieru View Post
    What? Mages suck at pvp. Their glory days of wotlk are gone, now they are a little better than shadow priests or elemental shamans, they suck against pretty much everything except warriors.
    They are decent as of 6.2. Definitely suckier, but still strong (true, they can't really 1v1 many classes with any self-healing. But they are strong for 3's). They're just boring at the moment.