Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Streamer Ganking

Shameless copy paste from official forums, I know its frowned upon by a lot of people but hopefully someone might like it. Also most max level streamers tend to just sit in garrison and queue for everything which is why most of the people are leveling. Some of the reactions are good though!

Hi Guys,

Been doing a lot of streamer ganking lately, generally just for a bit of fun and to get the knee jerk reaction. Most streamers I've spoke with afterwards and they seen the funny side however a lot of them got pretty mad about it. Some of the videos can be very timid while some of them have extremely salty people (See MAXIMUM SALT). I know I have a lot of haters due to the nature of this, but the general feelings between myself and most of the streamers in here is that it was a bit of a laugh and we parted on good terms and if the video's make at least one person chuckle or brightens up one persons day then I'm happy.

Here is a link to the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...p9eUC911t1gAQR

The mass amount of "gay" comments and downvotes stems from the MAXIMUM SALT video xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I hate ganking, but streamer ganking is something I can get behind.

if you play on a pvp server regardless if you are a streamer or not. When it's red it's dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny when you don't expect it. But after that its dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    if you play on a pvp server regardless if you are a streamer or not. When it's red it's dead.
    This. Nothing special about a streamer. They just advertise their location for me.

Deleted
    The "German" guy is actually Swiss.

BTT: There's a difference between pvp and ganking, but I don't like streamers so... yeah.

Ganking is a cowardly act, and is generally just picking on easy targets regardless of the PvP excuse used to justify it.
    Ironic for PvP infers a versus component, which ganking is actively avoiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Ganking is a cowardly act, and is generally just picking on easy targets regardless of the PvP excuse used to justify it.
    Ironic for PvP infers a versus component, which ganking is actively avoiding.
    Congrats, you know a word.

OP, I support any and all endeavors when it comes to streamer killing. Fuck it, camp them and make them ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've ganked a few streamers, generally not many "top" ones, but streamers on lower views, since they generally don't have a posse following them 24/7

First couple of these streamers sound like idiots. You have my full endorsement of ganking the shit out of them.

You didn't use any of your own material but just straight up stole someone elses footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    You didn't use any of your own material but just straight up stole someone elses footage?
    They wouldn't have that footage without him.

And it's hard to record their faces and their reactions you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa VanCleef View Post
    They wouldn't have that footage without him.

And it's hard to record their faces and their reactions you know.
    So any video i am in i can claim as mine since it would be different without me? Doesn't quite work that way buddy

If they want to avoid ever getting ganked, maybe they should move to a PVE server.

When you're streaming and in a contested zone, no shit you increase your chances of getting ganked.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-08-04 at 04:37 PM.

So any video i am in i can claim as mine since it would be different without me? Doesn't quite work that way buddy
    Neither can they then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    If they want to avoid ever getting ganked, maybe they should move to a PVE server.

When you're streaming and in a conrested zone, no shit you increase your chances of getting ganked.
    This. I love it when people call him a loser, yet they can't figure out to go on a different server.

If that guy is a loser, what are you?

Neither can they then.
    You don't understand how ownership works in regards to creation.
    Regardless, this is someone being driven by sadism to create boring content that isn't even his.

All i can say for him is at least he 1v1'd the lowbies

You don't understand how ownership works in regards to creation.
    Regardless, this is someone being driven by sadism to create boring content that isn't even his.

All i can say for him is at least he 1v1'd the lowbies
    Did he gank you or why are you so salty?

Did he gank you or why are you so salty?
    Just waiting for TI to start and was looking for something interesting, this conversation ended up being more interesting then the videos

Deleted
    wow that nightelf female player is one whiney brat, I'd enjoy beating the living shit out of him just because of that voice