Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    They'll spike back to >10M with each expansion, doubt they are too worried. This does explain the new strat of one expansion per year, no doubt.
    That would be a false economy, if they do get to yearly updates we'd see that peak suffer diminishing returns quicker, and some folks don't want a yearly expansion, that sort of schedule would lead to some players feeling fatigued by the whole thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard saved their ass with tokens, can't imagine the sub number without them. I know a few friends who came back to WoW only because they introduced the token and could play again.

Losing almost 50% of your starting player base after only 9 months is incredible and hilarious. Just goes to show how bad WoD is. Garrisons were horrible, raid or die mentality was awful.

I wonder how much of that drop is due to people replacing subs with game time purchased with gold. I know that's what I would do if I still played.

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    thought it would be around 5m. just wait .. we still got a year before next expac. gonna be a ghost town!

Haha, no it won't be a year. It will be out in January.

Deleted
    So FF14 is now the biggest mmo? Or GW2? How many subs/players do they have?

I wouldnt be surprised if wow had 3 million subs with the other 1.5 buying tokens

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Unbalanced PvP, and 20 man only Mythic is mainly what went wrong with WoD. Arena participation was almost at half a million last expansion and now it's barely 40k. There's also the fact that every small PvE guild is dying due to not being able to progress up to mythic because of limited rosters.
    The result of blizzard treating PvP as an afterthoughts afterthought.

Deleted
    20 man only Mythic is mainly what went wrong with WoD ... There's also the fact that every small PvE guild is dying due to not being able to progress up to mythic because of limited rosters.
    Completely agree. At least this is what killed the game for me and my server. Used to have lots of guild with healthy competition. Now most guilds have quit and their players stopped playing.

Unbalanced PvP, and 20 man only Mythic is mainly what went wrong with WoD. Arena participation was almost at half a million last expansion and now it's barely 40k. There's also the fact that every small PvE guild is dying due to not being able to progress up to mythic because of limited rosters.
    20 man mythic had very little impact considering a large majority of players never even achieve that level of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    They'll spike back to >10M with each expansion, doubt they are too worried. This does explain the new strat of one expansion per year, no doubt.

Haha, no they won't.

That's not really the reason WoW's subscribers is dropping so rapidly. WoW is a massive game and people play it for all kind of reasons. But people only pay for a subscription to get new content, and when the only new content is raiding then all the non-raiders are eventually going to stop subscribing.

that number is as shocking as amount of content they put in game since 6.0 if they lost more we might have ffxiv as most popular p2p mmo if that info that its on 5 mil now is real..

and 2 days since we get to know whats next expansion will be

Well, we can finally lay to rest the token debate - they are included as subs based on what's listed here and didn't have a tremendous retention impact.

I think its safe to say that the message about lack of player satisfaction with WoD has been heard loud and clear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    Good.

Hopefully now they will either make the game f2p or stop flooding us with e-shop stuff that taps developer's time from things that could actually go into our already subscription-based game.
    Can't believe people are still saying this nonsense? How your logic makes the leap that one small mount takes away so many resources from the entire game is literally mind numbing.

It's been explained before how the process works, and how little of an impact it has on the game itself. Please, quit saying stupid shit, which unfortunately fuels the ill informed.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2015-08-04 at 08:39 PM.

So the amount of subs are now back as they were in December 2005. Even with the WoW tokens and 6.2, WoD iss till bad enough to lose way over 1 million subs each quarter. No wodner that they wanted tor eveal the enxt expansion during Gamescom.

Q3 will prove to be a bloodbath if Blizzard doesn't take some drastic measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Backjauer View Post
    Not unexpected. There have been a number of issues in this expansion that made me consider quitting, but I will admit I'm still enjoying myself, as unfashionable as it is to admit that.
    you're not alone. I think it's probably because I haven't had any real responsibilities during this expansion, so I've found plenty of things to do "normal" players wouldn't bother with.

Deleted
    Not the biggest deal really this close to a new announcement. I'd kill for another primary antagonist expansion over the developing one at this point. Kind of in the mood for a raid set that directly deals with the primary antagonists factions and the repercussions of their actions, and finally fighting him.

Got a bit boring after 3 in a row, but TBC was barely one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, that is 'no bueno.'
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I am not surprise at all and I am pretty sure Blizzard is not also

-Wow is 10 years old , it will only go down and down , I am even surprise they have more then 100k sub after 10 years

-Blizzard is still printing money and they dont depend on Wow they made lots of money last quarter

-Blizzard knew this will append with a 10 years old game and nothing they can do will stop the bleeding, anyone in this business know nothing last so all this is already projected.

If you have Blizzard stock you are kinda happy right now they had an impressive quarter

My theories
    My guess they have another MMO project arround for when Wow get under 1 million subs ( only my guess) I think they even cancel Titan / put on hold because WoW was doing better then they expected after 7 years.

All in all if you still like Wow play it ( I still do ) 5 millions sub.