Deleted

Resto shaman (and overall healer) help

Hello boys and grills.
    I have for a long time enjoyed this game but never realy been able to sit down with one main.
    I currently have a shaman, priest (2 with decent gear), paladin and a newly dinged rogue but cant realy feel that any of theese are so me.
    But i decided to try out shaman again, but instead of Elemental (heard it is pretty much crap) and Enhancement (i SUCK at melee dps) i am thinking of playing resto.
    I did not level as resto and havent realy played any healer spec at end game PvE content (a little holy PvP) and its giving me anxiety if im good or not as a healer.
    Normaly i could just go to a dummy and start hitting it and see how bad i am, but i cant do it the same way with healer as HPS isnt realy a big thing. So my question is how do i become a good healer (overall tips) and is there any way to realy "train" at healing?
    Thanks!

There are a few posts on this forum currently that contain a good bit of information to cover the requests you've made. I strongly suggest checking them out.

Do some proving grounds and PVP.

As mentioned there are numerous threads here and all over the internet on healing. You'd probably be further ahead to get your feet bloody and then ask some specific questions, rather than trying to absorb a massive amount information that may or may not be relevant to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Do some proving grounds and PVP.

As mentioned there are numerous threads here and all over the internet on healing. You'd probably be further ahead to get your feet bloody and then ask some specific questions, rather than trying to absorb a massive amount information that may or may not be relevant to you.
    I support this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a pretty simple playstyle, I think. Each spell should be used in a different situation.
    Earth Shield - keep on tank
    Riptide and healing stream totem - use on CD
    Healing wave - for light damage. Spot healing.
    Healing surge - your oh shit heal for when someone's about to die
    Healing rain - for when people are grouped up
    Chain heal - your bread and butter at higher gear levels.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffelz View Post
    is there any way to realy "train" at healing?
    Only really Mythic 5 mans (and even then). Gold Proving Grounds i found awesomely difficult and about where you want to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Only really Mythic 5 mans (and even then). Gold Proving Grounds i found awesomely difficult and about where you want to be.
    Gold proving grounds is definitely good at teaching you cooldown management if you struggle with that (especially if you don't use them enough).