10+ Year Old Account

Arcane Mage Looking for an Evaluation

Hi all, I just recently main switched to my mage after years of healing. I'm doing okay, but really think that I could be doing a lot better. Currently have 1 pc of T18 and 2pc T17.

Looking for someone who'd be willing to review my logs and give me some advice.

I currently am going for mastery as my primary after int and use the following for an opener:

4x Arcane Blast
    Drop the Crystal
    2x Supernova
    Then blast or missiles till the crystal is gone.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B2ver/advanced
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gQ1C8m23tGFbNHWd
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dLj6F1AGWNZm7xyf

Thanks in advance.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you can record yourself playing arcane, I would be more than happy to analyze.

Deleted
    Haven't had much time to look over the logs, but here's what i notice at first glance:

2 uses of Arcane power instead of 3 and 4 crystal uses instead of 5, make sure you're using these on cd.

Take ice floes and abuse it to keep higher uptime on casts, you only had 91% activity.

Make sure you pop Arcane power as you crystal, you were using supernovas without AP up during crystal. Make sure to weave ABs and APs on crystal, so you aren't mana capping. (But make sure to use them all before its up). Use PoM at the end of the crystal to squeeze in an extra AB instead of at the start.

Bank two supernovas for every crystal, you were casting 0-1 novas on every crystal except the first.

Always sync AP with crystal. You AP'd 18 seconds after the 3rd crystal, should be synchronized.

Use Rune of power where you can get away with it, it's fine on council.

Deleted
    Looking at Mana:

Burn seems ok beside the fact it could happen more often.
    Conserve is a little bit meee. You run to low (like at 1:40) or you stay to long at 100%. You clip or overwrite missiles to often (25 procs to 100 Missiles (should be 120+))
    You sometimes (13 sec gap) cast nothing at all.
    This all leads to low dmg overall. As sproik said squeeze more out of IceFlows. Stand and nuke more often. Use CDs more often.
    Try to avoid hitting 100% mana for to long. If your missiles bring u back to 100 and u have a missileproc then squezze in another AB before u AM again.
    Conserve means staying as low as possible to 93% all the time. If u have more then 93% cast AB. If u have lesser cast AM/SN or ABarr if u have nothing. (all for Conserverphase)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the great insight. Will make some adjustments tonight. With certain fights, if I wasn't doing something it was likely I was running away from damage or other similar and just need to get better situated to not have downtime.

What do you feel for trinkets? I have sandman's as well but am trying to stone just to see.

Deleted
    Sandman is for fire.
    Stone is not particular good but not the worst at all. Try to get a Hand on PoF or Shadowmoon (easier to obtain=

get rid of arcane power glyph change enchants to haste instand of mastery get 4set get class trinket get doom nova trinket

that alone will improve your dps by large amount, + council fight normally frost will do better numbers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinedowNn View Post
    get rid of arcane power glyph change enchants to haste instand of mastery get 4set get class trinket get doom nova trinket
    But not in this order! Its more like:
    Get Classrinket->Get rid of Glyph AP
    Get 4pc->get Haste
    Get Doom Nova->Cast AM regardless of AC-Stacks whenever Doom Nova procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Get 4pc->get Haste
    When you get 2set... Not 4set, but 4set increases how much haste you want/need.

Except if you use classtrinket and AP is activated and there is not enough AOE to make Doom proc > AP AB with classtrinket.

Deleted
    Yes and Yes. Its to hot outside to go much into details *melts away*

But not in this order! Its more like:
    Get Classrinket->Get rid of Glyph AP
    Get 4pc->get Haste
    Hijack on this a bit, very curious.

If I don't have manny/archi trinket, is it better to glyph AP?

Also when u unglyph AP, how does that change rotation? I find that a lot of time I am in the situation where AP runs out but my mana is still very high. Things I do when unglyph - 4 stacks, PC, AP, AB once to avoid mana cap, AM spam if procs, squeeze in PoM-AP on PC. Usually by this time the AP buff is over, and I find myself buring mana on AB without AP buff. Am I doing right things?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminc1231 View Post
    Hijack on this a bit, very curious.

If I don't have manny/archi trinket, is it better to glyph AP?
    Generally yes. There are some circumstances where its better to unglyph it but they are very minor. (but sidefact: Glyphing AP is a minor DPS-increase. If u dont like it its not the biggest los)

Also when u unglyph AP, how does that change rotation? I find that a lot of time I am in the situation where AP runs out but my mana is still very high. Things I do when unglyph - 4 stacks, PC, AP, AB once to avoid mana cap, AM spam if procs, squeeze in PoM-AP on PC. Usually by this time the AP buff is over, and I find myself buring mana on AB without AP buff. Am I doing right things?
    Yes. You burn to ~50% Mana with using AM until ~65% Mana. Evo at least 30 seconds after burn start or when u hit ~50% mana. Thats regardless of AP or not. If u glyph it AP is only up every second burn phase. But the burnphase in between is still the same.

Generally yes. There are some circumstances where its better to unglyph it but they are very minor. (but sidefact: Glyphing AP is a minor DPS-increase. If u dont like it its not the biggest los)
    When you get class trinket, you have too unglyph AP, otherwise you'll be in Nomanaland really really fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    When you get class trinket, you have too unglyph AP, otherwise you'll be in Nomanaland really really fast.
    If I don't have manny/archi trinket, is it better to glyph AP?....
    Sometimes i believe people come here only to mock about the last post without even reading whats going on. But thank you for another excellent example.

Deleted
    Just a small general addition - although a 13 second gap is long, staying alive is more important than doing a little more dps and dying.
    Unless you're doing mythic or burning a target, slight down times to stay alive are always better than dying!