Legion PVP: Spectral Sight + Throw Glaive = Bye sub and assass rogue?

Thread title.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    Thread title.

Thoughts?
    Good news DH are weak on alpha for PVP.

Bad news DH will be over buffed for launch PVP.

Here is the video you are referencing so people have an idea of what you are talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGpTIQlq1j4

Go to 2:01 in the video to see what the OP is talking about.

Yeah we saw the rogue roflstompomgbbq the DK like a little bitch. And spectral sight is on 2min CD iirc
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Yeah we saw the rogue roflstompomgbbq the DH like a little bitch. And spectral sight is on 2min CD iirc
    But yeah, I get it.

DH seems like a fun class to play, but if they don't change anyting I don't see it being problem. It's Alpha now, don't think that that one ability will have very meaningful meaning on arenas with skilled players, though still they will get advantage.

Whatever, I still kill all those noobies. Learn to adapt.

I agree with this pretty much. Unless DH are going to be like DK's were when WotLK launched :P

reply to OP demon hunter was holding back; the fights are going to be a lot tougher live.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

Here is the video you are referencing so people have an idea of what you are talking about:

Numbers are irrelevant at this stage of the alpha, so the fact that Rogues are destroying Demon Hunters on alpha isn't an acceptable excuse for them having the ability to counter a core mechanic of a class/spec.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

reduce the CD of spectral sight, make it so when the aura is canceled, it triggers a GCD?

keeps the spell still relevant, while not completely countering stealth in its entirety

Wont know how things stand untill we get some maxed artifacts and some kicks at the pvp talents.

But yeah, as it stands, does seem a DH being on the opposing side will be an instant "gg" if you have a rogue. Its to hard of a counter even if Rogues can fuck DH up.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Stealth has needed a counter for years.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    It's countered by rogue being squishy as hell compared to every other melee class.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Haven't played in years huh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

I did not enjoy watching that video because i was thinking about maining DH in Legion for PvP.

All i saw was a Rogue roflstomping a Demon Hunter 24/7

I guess LOSing the DH for 6-8 seconds(whatever that ability lasts) is too hard. I guess your teammates are also not capable of stopping the DH from getting to the rogue. What's more, rogues are only in stealth the 1st few seconds of a game.

Spectral Sight will have no impact whatsoever in competitive PvP, it will only be useful against nub rogues in random bgs. Stop overreacting and move on with your life...

Deleted
    In TBC human rogues had detect stealth spell which made them see you miles away. This was horrible at the beginning of any Arena ranked match as they had the upper hand, particularly vs others rogues. So yes, the impact of spectral sight is very advantageous for DH, and remember they can throw glaive and break your stealh from the distance.

- - - Updated - - -

Note that this is more impactful at the beginning of a match rather than in the middle of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhavok View Post
    In TBC human rogues had detect stealth spell which made them see you miles away. This was horrible at the beginning of any Arena ranked match as they had the upper hand, particularly vs others rogues. So yes, the impact of spectral sight is very advantageous for DH, and remember they can throw glaive and break your stealh from the distance.
    Don't forget about Night Elves and their upgraded stealth! It was a cool thing... Also with leather boots which have "+1 to Stealth" I could be almost invisible!

Deleted
    Tbh having played sub-rogue on alpha untill it fell through the world and is unaccesible to me now... Reset me blizz!!! =(
    It's almost impossible to run out of stacks of shadowdance atm, which allows you to still shadowstep+ambush (=shadowstrike?) and stun anyone multiple times. I'm not seeing any issues here.