Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We know far to little about it to make any kind of sound judgement about it

Sounds like an interesting system. But what happens when you reach max "pvp" level and unlock everything? Isn't max level when the game actually starts. If you want those prestige thingies you need to reset the whole path and that would make your charachter pretty much useless in rbg's or arena until you grind your way back to having unlocked everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Cannot be happier to have it. Finally, no more facing players who outgear you 10-0.
    Now its completely reliant on teamwork and player skill.
    So instead of fighting against people that out gear you we will have to fight against people that have unlocked more PVP skills than you? That was the impression I got at least.

It looks awesome. It's actually exactly what I've been posting for for a while.

Gear is bad in PVP. They seem to have learned that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    So instead of fighting against people that out gear you we will have to fight against people that have unlocked more PVP skills than you? That was the impression I got at least.
    Yeah, it's replacing one time sink for another.

The seperation of PVE/PVP is really nice though.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want a free for all style pvp actually a battleground where personal skill at long last means something (no bullcrap goblin arenas)

i might finally pvp again

i havent since...umm...TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    i want a free for all style pvp actually a battleground where personal skill at long last means something (no bullcrap goblin arenas)
    This wouldn't work out like you think.

Rogues could sit in stealth, healers would be irrelevant because everyone would make sure they were dead to avoid a 1v1, everyone could just think you stick out and kill you (skill doesn't matter in a 1v3), etc.

I might actually take some time to PvP since the seems to be heading into a direction of separation from PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Why do people keep saying this is separating PVP and PVE. It's not. It's just a new PVP progression "tree". Even if they normalize gear, I don't see it making a huge difference. Bad players will still be bad. OP classes will still be OP.
    This.

Does anyone know if this PvP talent tree is active with regular class talents in arena and battlegrounds?

Looks promising, prehaps now Ill do pvp. Just really didnt have fun before since I got my @ss kicked all the time by players with better armor, but then again im also a filthy casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash93 View Post
    This.

Does anyone know if this PvP talent tree is active with regular class talents in arena and battlegrounds?
    As far as we know, they're abilities that are only usable in PvP. The reason why it helps separate PvP and PvE (not entire based on what we know, mind you) is that there is now a set of nobs specific to PvP that Blizzard can tweak for balance.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Cannot be happier to have it. Finally, no more facing players who outgear you 10-0.
    Now its completely reliant on teamwork and player skill.
    This. But dont worry something else will take its place. Like this talent tree is OP this one blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    This. But dont worry something else will take its place. Like this talent tree is OP this one blows.
    Sure, however it's something that can be tweaked and otherwise balanced. Gear gaps on the other hand could not, at least not nearly as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash93 View Post
    This.

Given the current talents you would change game play drastically if pve talents were not useable in instance pvp. If I had to guess they will remove some of the pvp related items (not all) from the pve side and you will use both in PVP and only the PvE ones in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    Given the current talents you would change game play drastically if pve talents were not useable in instance pvp. If I had to guess they will remove some of the pvp related items (not all) from the pve side and you will use both in PVP and only the PvE ones in pve.
    The problem that was worried about when this was discussed by devs previously, was the worry of the game becoming too complicated. I think it'd be somewhat fair to assume that the two talent trees will be isolated from each other, PvE for PvE and PvP for PvP.
    Last edited by Baelic; 2015-08-06 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Why do people keep saying this is separating PVP and PVE. It's not. It's just a new PVP progression "tree". Even if they normalize gear, I don't see it making a huge difference. Bad players will still be bad. OP classes will still be OP.
    Because it is, did you watch the presentation?
    You get different spells and stuff so they no longer have to prune spells and balance things around pve in order to make both decently balanced.
    This is a HUGE step forward.

I personally love the cosmetic options here as well.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    There has to be something to seperate pvp leveled players from others. But when it comes down to it, it at least means that
    in games, you won't have people being completely unable to do jack shit to the other team anymore.

Cause it sure wasn't fun smacking classes for barely anything and them destroying you in 4 attacks. I'll take talents with probable
    cooldowns over that any day.

Separating PVE and PVP is the wrong choice. PVE changes affect PVP all the time, no one cries. PVP changes are never allowed to affect PVE. This is the issue they need to address.

Deleted
    The idea is pretty cool but seeing as how they can't even balance WoD PvP, how are they gonna balance PvP when they introduce even more talents/spells etc.