Windfury totem!?!

Blizz pls...
    Last edited by ThatGuyBud; 2015-08-10 at 07:39 PM.

There are some interesting talent names in there at least.

Seems like they want to push Shaman into a Support role in PvP, at least Flametongue was the unknown brother of Windfury totem, which also increased dmg from Melee Party members.

Blood & Soil, a talent which they already have shown falls also under this Support category.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    ...at least Flametongue was the unknown brother of Windfury totem...
    It should be familiar to any shaman who raided Molten Core and ever got assigned to the tank group. It was hilarious and could cause whole raids to instantly panic as the main tank starts yelling that everything is suddenly immune to his attacks.

It was a very boring skill other than that, though. I hope they don't think to bring it back.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get too excited, they could be placeholder's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gesen View Post
    I wouldn't mind it; would be interesting with the new totem system (short cooldown, short duration).

I would love to see our totem with much more strength, even support strength, than to stay with those we have now. And it would add to the class.

I'm pretty sure they're gonna stick to the "cooldown and duration" method for totems in this case, dropping windfury or flametongue might provide a 15 second buff or something, but stronger because of the CD. etc.
    Do not underestimate us.

Deleted
    Soooo...more cds that can be one-shot in pvp? Oh my, dont remember when last I was that excited.
    No shaman changes (let alone bigger ones like a totem, spec or even class overhaul) mentioned on the front page, but god forbid several times overhauled hunters/warlocks would miss there.

Twisting was awful. It basically only existed because blizzard gave you some leeway when you went out of range of the totem. Do not want.

On the other hand short lived totem with powerful effects I am completely down for.

Without twisting all you'd have to do is Storm strike and Earth/flame shock, so it was good at the time, wouldn't want a comeback tho.

No clue where the totem twisting discussion comes from, for totem twisting you need at least 2 Support Totem on the same totem type.

Unless they pull up Grace of air totem as well and put in a different tier there will be no totem twisting.

Most of this could be placeholders.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see whats so wrong about buff totems though to some extent, I mean... back in Vanilla and TBC when we had to put 4 different buff totems down with 1 duration each, that is a bit overwhelming to most people. But having something like WF totem or Stormlash totem (mop ability) is cool I think, it's a pretty unique feature to bring to the raid imo.

Totems need to have better definition. I would love to see them become stronger parts of the kit, Searing totem should be its own separate damage source that doesnt weave in with the rest of our kit, what they did to enhance with searing stacks was horrible and clunky, you should feel good for pressing the button, not bad for not pressing it.
    Personally i like to see it get 2 stacks, be able to drop 2 at a time and give it a shorter duration with more damage, making it so that you only use it when you will be stationary and are not punished for not using it on cooldown. also having 2 little serpent wards would make my troll shaman very happy. they would essentially function as a DoT spell that reapplies itself when the target dies (say 15s duration, 30s recharge?)
    For PVP totems, they should have stronger effects than regular spells, higher base health and make a shaman stronger for holding an area, but weaker if they cant set up.