Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My problem with the comedian actors in the new GB wasn't that they were women, it's that they weren't very funny.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Let's hope the Sony execs learn from this.

Don't want to see an all female Predator or some other abomination. It's not edgy or cool, it's a total misread of your audience and lame
    Psst, they're remaking the remake of Ocean's Eleven with all female cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    My problem with the comedian actors in the new GB wasn't that they were women, it's that they weren't very funny.
    I think most of the issue wasn't that the remake starred women, but that it was the extent of the idea behind it. "Lets make Ghostbusters but Gender Swapped!" rather than "lets make a new ghostbuster film with X plot and this and also women as the leads".

I just felt the trailers felt flat and don't like the comedians involved. At least Oceans 8 has some names I liked. (I won't see it either, but I haven't seen Oceans 11 or 12 or whatnot either, so...)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Psst, they're remaking the remake of Ocean's Eleven with all female cast.
    But atleast that has some solid acting talent behind it.

If they make "Oceans Eight" into a decent film as well, i'll go and see it, but if they do the same as this and have the plot be subservient to the "message", then it'll bomb the exact same way as this did.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    But atleast that has some solid acting talent behind it.

If they make "Oceans Eight" into a decent film as well, i'll go and see it, but if they do the same as this and have the plot be subservient to the "message", then it'll bomb the exact same way as this did.
    I dunno. Ocean's Eleven remake had, if I have to use the word, suave and that old boy feeling the original had. Myself, I don't see that with female actresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I dunno. Ocean's Eleven remake had, if I have to use the word, suave and that old boy feeling the original had. Myself, I don't see that with female actresses.
    Is Feig doing the directing again? Because I would love to see him again try to justify how all men are evil and bad and women are perfect. The cringe fest of him trying to prove "suaveness" would be something rivaling "The Room" .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Is Feig doing the directing again? Because I would love to see him again try to justify how all men are evil and bad and women are perfect. The cringe fest of him trying to prove "suaveness" would be something rivaling "The Room" .
    Naw, Feig doesn't have anything to do with it, I believe its Gary Ross, whose pretty decent as a director from what i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nah. Just that I don't see a female Ocean's Eleven has having that same kind of feeling the original or remakes had. To me, female actresses don't have that kind of ability to do that. When you see Clooney doing his thing as Danny Ocean, he gets that smooth talker, laid back kinda attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I think most of the issue wasn't that the remake starred women, but that it was the extent of the idea behind it. "Lets make Ghostbusters but Gender Swapped!" rather than "lets make a new ghostbuster film with X plot and this and also women as the leads".

I just felt the trailers felt flat and don't like the comedians involved. At least Oceans 8 has some names I liked. (I won't see it either, but I haven't seen Oceans 11 or 12 or whatnot either, so...)
    I had no problem with women staring in it, in fact I think if they had made the story as in these where the original ghost busters daughters, it would have worked even better. I had problem with everything else, bad story, bad acting, flat jokes, cartoonish ghost.

Things I liked
    Chris Hemsworth's character was funny
    The story tried to be original.
    The Characters had their own personality, they didn't try to recreate the originals.

10+ Year Old Account
    The honest trailer for it was pretty good. :P