Page 1 of 51
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Movie] - GhostBusters

Just stumbled across a cast photo of the ghost busters reboot.

sorry large image, imgur s and m codes not working :S

My first thoughts, "What the fuck is that"
    My second thoughts "At least Ecto1 looks acceptable"

After seeing that cast shot, I am not looking forward to the movie at all. I am sure they are all wonderful actors, but they do not seem to fit in a ghostbusters movie. Hopefully a trailer will do them justice, but I am not hopeful at all.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2015-08-06 at 10:37 PM.

It seems the most unnecessary thing ever.

Deleted
    Can't stand Kate McKinnon, can't stand Kristen Wiig, definitely can't stand Melissa McCarthy, and don't know who the fourth one is. Looking at the entire cast, it just seems like they've taken most of the recent and semi-recent women of SNL and dumped them all in this remake. This most definitely isn't going to be the brand of "comedy" I'm into, so yeah... No thanks. I'm with Fencers on this one; definitely absolutely unnecessary.

Cats and dogs living together...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I fee like the Ecto-1 is a station wagon or hearst? Not too sure but dislike it.

Only the classic old school caddy ambu for me.

The plus side, there are 3 SNL girls, and then the two mains were the mains in Bridesmaids. So, to me, their should be really good chemistry, and THAT was the best part of Ghostbusters for me, you can see the ad libs on screen and the genuine WTF from them sometimes with each other. I think i'll end up liking it, since my expectations would be so low.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    I have never seen the cast in action in anything, so as for their on screen chemestry I cant really comment, but the look of that image has me worried that the absolute favorite movie of my childhood will be decemated by people wanting to make a quick cash in on one of the most iconic movies of all time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I have never seen the cast in action in anything, so as for their on screen chemestry I cant really comment, but the look of that image has me worried that the absolute favorite movie of my childhood will be decemated by people wanting to make a quick cash in on one of the most iconic movies of all time
    Well, besides feeling like a cash grab, it just feels very forced in that we're living in a time when a movie with an all-female cast just has to happen, regardless of which IP gets rehashed. I mean, that's the "hook" of the remake. Right? It wouldn't make much sense to remake Ghostbusters right now; ghost movies aren't in season. It's all about zombies and science fiction right now. But an all-female cast, now that is definitely in season, so let's just pick a movie at random and dump a bunch of women in it and see what comes out.

Instead of writing an Oscar-worthy movie for an all-female cast from scratch, of course. Nobody seems to care enough to do that.

Well, it's not the ghostbusting that made 'Ghostbusters' such a great film, it was the rapport between the characters. Aykroyd, Murray and Ramis had all worked together for years beforehand, and it showed in the script and in the way they interacted. You can't just copy that.

Who'd watch ghost busters anyway? Are you sure that photo wasn't for gay pride?

An all women cast seems like just some gimmick that they can use as an excuse if the movie does poorly. If they wanted an all women cast I wish they woulda done a sequel instead and had the all the daughters of the original cast members and made their own storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Who'd watch ghost busters anyway? Are you sure that photo wasn't for gay pride?
    Why would the photo be for gay pride?

Yeah.... no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

Not interested in either movie. I still don't know why they're making two of them "for mah equality."

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll wait for a trailer to reserve judgement.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Let me guess what roles they play:

Sassy Black woman who uses sterotypical phrases from Ricki Lake style shows (IE: "YOU GO GIRL", I hope I'm wrong, but given the haircut and her expression...) *sigh*

Comedy Fat One *sigh* *double sigh* *Triple sigh*...this is the role that will kill this film >.<;

white woman, most likely a female Peter Venkmen, if comedy fatso doesn't kill the film, this will. Nobody wants a knock off bill murray *sigh*

Obvious female Egon, blond stick up hair and big thick yellow colored goggles/glasses *sigh*

If this photo is real, this just makes me more convinced this thing is going to be a horrific soul destroying disaster, full of "HEY LOOK STEROTYPE LOL!" horribleness. I hope I'm wrong
    Last edited by Icaras; 2015-08-08 at 11:58 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a shame that even with my expectation so low already I will still not go to see this movie at the cinema. It just looks embarrassing. Good luck to them I guess but I am friends with a few Ghostbuster fans that grew up with it as I did and they are way more furious with this than I am, most saying that they shouldn't have touched the franchise at all.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    It smacks of pandering to me... let's just check the appropriate boxes and make a movie! I'll admit, that is a knee-jerk reaction however and with Dan Akroyd set to cameo I may end up seeing it. I hope I am proven wrong and that this is a truly worthy reboot.

Deleted
    But they already did release an official trailer months ago...