Page 1 of 93
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Demon Hunter Transmogrification thread

BLIZZARD LET DEMON HUNTERS USE OLD BRACERS, BELTS, AND BOOTS FROM PVP.

This thread contains spoilers for BFA as far as xmog content goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Transmog news as of August 2018
    1. We can't use daggers anymore?

2. Xmogging your artifact appearance on future weapons is limited. Spec-locked and you can't mix-and-match. (Sword 'n board look would be lost going forward unless fixed)

3. No Allied races can be DHs.

4. We got the Slayer Tabard in the order hall. Do the class campaign to buy it for 100g.

5. Mage Tower gone but if you unlocked base appearances you can get the other tints.

Quote Originally Posted by You are not prepared
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmog addons and item finder

Thumbnail guide:
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Okay, now that I've actually figured this out (can you tell how much I use the IMG tags here?):

From now on, please put your images in thumbnails.

Code:
    [url="your-image-url.jpg"]
    [img]your-image-url.th.jpg[/img]
    [/url]

Imageshack does thumbnails with the ".th" before the image extension in the file name (as far as I can tell). But all you do is put the full-size image URL in the URL tag, and the thumbnail URL between the IMG tags, and you're good to go. This will help cut down on load times on pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    If anyone else is using Imgur.com for hosting, their thumbnails add an "s" to the end of the picture name for purposes of that code:

http://i.imgur.com/VTEKW.jpg - Image
    http://i.imgur.com/VTEKWs.jpg - thumbnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Photobucket use
    It would appear that Photobucket prepends a "th_" to the name of your file for a thumbnail.

edit: Don't use photobucket. RIP.
    Last edited by Sett; 2018-08-02 at 04:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

If glaives can be transmogged into other weapons, first thing I wanna do is get Muramasa for my DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    It says we can wear Daggers... Shard of Azzinoth here I come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Great thread, I'm really enjoying these transmogs that you guys all have. Gives me some nice inspiration for what I'm going to put on my Demon Hunter, can't wait to try some of these out when I log on later.

No kidding Seramore, sometimes I'm like "why do I even bother checking the transmog threads all they do is make me feel bad for my bland costumes"

/s

Serious note, thanks for the thread! Got it bookmarked and ready to be used once they're available

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Great thread, I'm really enjoying these transmogs that you guys all have. Gives me some nice inspiration for what I'm going to put on my Demon Hunter, can't wait to try some of these out when I log on later.
    Thanks! As you can see, I even tried to hash some designs I thought would be great for future sets.

Thoughts?

I guess something like this - http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room...V808lUW808lUW8
    For a lack of Demon Oriented leather themed gear. Will probably stick with the gear the Demon hunter starts with, until tier sets come around.

Who would ever want to change the freaking glaives to something else?!

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    well Glaives and the Vision of Sargeras are no brainer and most likely included anyway in the form of a) artifact weapons and b) well the blindfold that the class just has.

leaving us with shoulders, chest, hands, feet, letgs and waist

I don't feel like there are any items that really fit the class in the game atm so personally I'm just gonna go with whatever they give us, be it tier pieces, dungeon sets or pvp sets or any new items that just fit it

I know mine won't look like a traditional demon hunter.

The bigger problem here is that 9 of the 12 classes have a shit ton more gear to work with when it comes to transmog, whereas DKs, monks, and DHs are in a bad spot. DH worse than all of them, then monk, DK isn't too bad, but the sting is there.

I think it's time to remove class requirements from much older tier gear.

Deleted
    hopefully this 'transmog revamp' they've been talking about will do just that

I'd go even further.. demon hunters can wear cloth (well everybody can) let me transmog cloth items.. some warlock (almost all of them) sets would fit the class quite wonderfully

Holy fuck I came into this thread expecting people to be like "you wot?" because the Demon Hunter basic look will be the best thing ever. How can you people want to transmog away from glaives? WTF. That's like playing a Demon Hunter without horns, tattoos or bandana - which I assume you'll also play without? Sigh. Hopefully weapons of all types will turn into glaives when equipped as a DH so you can't ruin the feel of the class completely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post
    I know mine won't look like a traditional demon hunter.

The bigger problem here is that 9 of the 12 classes have a shit ton more gear to work with when it comes to transmog, whereas DKs, monks, and DHs are in a bad spot. DH worse than all of them, then monk, DK isn't too bad, but the sting is there.

I think it's time to remove class requirements from much older tier gear.
    I can really see them doing this to vanilla gear but not so much for Bc-Wod

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I can really see them doing this to vanilla gear but not so much for Bc-Wod
    - - - Updated - - -
    I mean, why bother at all if that's all they're going to do? It wouldn't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Holy fuck I came into this thread expecting people to be like "you wot?" because the Demon Hunter basic look will be the best thing ever. How can you people want to transmog away from glaives? WTF. That's like playing a Demon Hunter without horns, tattoos or bandana - which I assume you'll also play without? Sigh. Hopefully weapons of all types will turn into glaives when equipped as a DH so you can't ruin the feel of the class completely.
    To be different or to make the class fit their own tastes. Why is that so wrong? If everyone went with the basic look, then everyone would look the same. To many, that doesn't sound like "the best thing ever". A lot of us take playing dress-up VERY seriously, to the point where lore can suck it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post
    To be different or to make the class fit their own tastes. Why is that so wrong? If everyone went with the basic look, then everyone would look the same. To many, that doesn't sound like "the best thing ever". A lot of us take playing dress-up VERY seriously, to the point where lore can suck it!
    If you transmog a DH without glaives I will hunt you down and shove one in your grip.

How dare you sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    hopefully this 'transmog revamp' they've been talking about will do just that

I'd go even further.. demon hunters can wear cloth (well everybody can) let me transmog cloth items.. some warlock (almost all of them) sets would fit the class quite wonderfully
    Oh that'd be awesome if they allowed us to transmog cloth armor/leather/mail regardless of what class you are got plenty of cloth that would look sick on my warrior
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually kind of want to use these on my DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think dual wielding a couple of these would look pretty sweet for a demon hunter, elfin in nature as they will all be.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Oh that'd be awesome if they allowed us to transmog cloth armor/leather/mail regardless of what class you are got plenty of cloth that would look sick on my warrior
    Don't most games do that anyway? I think blizzard cares too much about controlling the way people look. Hidden chests and the ability to hide 1 or both shoulders too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    If you transmog a DH without glaives I will hunt you down and shove one in your grip.

How dare you sir!
    Oh I dare. Bring. It. On. Cupcake.