Metamorphosis Flying Mounts? - Wings

It occurred to me that Blizz finally has an opportunity to do something I've personally wanted for years, but never quite fit in to any theme, which is having a character be it's own flying mount.

The Havoc spec Meta clearly has wings.. However, not the Vengeance.. But I imagine they could just throw in a Class-cial mount ability which is a universal, more simple Metamorphosis that just adds the wings?
    (Would be great for RPers too if you could just be in a non-combat oriented Meta at all times.)

After all, we know Illidan can fly with HIS wings.

I hope somebody asks this question at GamesCom.

Was wondering the same thing, really hope that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    It occurred to me that Blizz finally has an opportunity to do something I've personally wanted for years, but never quite fit in to any theme, which is having a character be it's own flying mount.
    Druid flight form doesn't count, apparently?

Or Zen Flight for Monks?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Druid fly form?

Druid flight form counts, Zen Flight is... eh, you know that doesn't count. That's like, the Prius of flight modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be fucking awesome. Which is why I'm certain Blizzard wont do it. If they do, they will put it behind some annoyingly difficult quest chain like green fire or paywall.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Turning into a bird doesn't count belong it's not along the lines of what you all KNOW I actually meant.

Congratulations, you're a smartass. You win. Let's move on from that now, shall we? I'd prefer if opinions on the original topic were stated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues. Will. Riot.

But I'm not gonna be playing Rogue so let 'em!

Deleted
    that'd be pretty cool

they would first need to allow us to fly.

This would add a lot of flavor to the "hero" aspect to the class. I don't see why it would be too much of a problem. Druids can insta mount in the air while not in combat. That seems pretty crazy when you think about it, so I think Demon Hunters being able to fly would be too much of a stretch.

Turning into a bird doesn't count belong it's not along the lines of what you all KNOW I actually meant.

Congratulations, you're a smartass. You win. Let's move on from that now, shall we? I'd prefer if opinions on the original topic were stated.
    You're calling people smartasses and saying "turning into a bird counts", but becoming a demon DOES count? You could maybe explain it a bit better instead of being rude to people.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You're calling people smartasses and saying "turning into a bird counts", but becoming a demon DOES count? You could maybe explain it a bit better instead of being rude to people.
    Growing Illidan-like wings on your back and turning into a bird are very different, and you know this.

Sure, perhaps I should not have responded with such hostility, but it's what they wanted when they posted shit like that.

Growing Illidan-like wings on your back and turning into a bird are very different, and you know this.

Sure, perhaps I should not have responded with such hostility, but it's what they wanted when they posted shit like that.
    Not really, they would both achieve exactly the same outcome the only difference is one is a full transformation and the other would be partial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

God I really really hope not.. seeing a bunch of elves flying around would just end the game for me.

Not sure how I feel about the idea.

On the one hand it would be cool, and there is definitely precedent for it because illidan flies during his boss encounter and he can also fly indefinitely in heroes of the storm. Makes sense any demon hunter with wings would be able to fly.

On the other hand, might look a little weird, especially with all the demon hunters that will undoubtedly be running around.

Also it may not matter anyway. If flight is bitch locked down like it was in WOD, it wouldn't even matter. Ground mount wings would be incredibly stupid, so you'd be riding everywhere on a mount anyway.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

More than flight, I would make love to chris metzen himself if they allowed demon hunters to glide down like the goblin glider. Not a "straight direction, you're fucked" kind of deal like slowfall, but being able to go quickly and steer. That would be fantastic. Would prize this far more than "flying" seeing as how we wont be able to fly in any relevant content in the future, unless blizzard 180s on that.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

We should ask this question on twitter so they pick it for the Q&A on sunday hopefully.

I wouldn't expect to fly in this expansion, but I suppose they could still do it.
    Pretty sure you just glide though. It says so, but I suppose it could be interpreted as flying.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I wouldn't expect to fly in this expansion, but I suppose they could still do it.
    Pretty sure you just glide though. It says so, but I suppose it could be interpreted as flying.
    After the outrage that was WoD flying, I highly doubt they'll do another no-fly expansion.

To me, this entire expansion is going to be about getting as many players back into the game as possible. On that vein, I highly expect that Demon Hunters will be able to fly and I suspect that warlocks are all going to rage.