Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    There are other ways the site is wrong, eg it says they can use various weapons when they will only be able to use glaives this expansion.

The presentation, both verbal and visual, indicated that some moves would build fury and others would spend it. There was no mention of energy.

There was nothing to indicate an energy type system like a rogue. It's still possible there will be energy, but it's also possible they want to avoid accusations of 'rogue 2' and make it look more like a fury warrior. It's also possible that the website was using the term 'energy' as a place holder.
    The point of yours i like is that they didn't actually mention energy, or any base resource yesterday. That's a sign that maybe it's not all it seems. However i still say that having no resource would be really bad. And i'd like energy out of all resources.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    That was a basic Demo, and they didn't show the Ui. And the class is still in development. It's very likely Energy will be the resource. If there is no resource, then it will be horrible. Everything is then spammable... doesn't make any sense.
    Well we know some abilities are on a cd and/or with charges. Spammable abilities exist as builders for existing classes but... it's sub-optimal just to spam them.

- - - Updated - - -

The point of yours i like is that they didn't actually mention energy, or any base resource yesterday. That's a sign that maybe it's not all it seems. However i still say that having no resource would be really bad. And i'd like energy out of all resources.
    They mentioned fury, which so far, sounds very similar to rage.

Well. Useless to speculate until Blizzard get their facts straight but. It wouldn't make much sense to me if there wasn't a base resource. Every class has that, and having no base resource wouldn't be enjoyable, or balanced imo. I know they had a miscommunication with the DH weapons, but i don't see why they would list energy 'as a placeholder'. If they didn't have energy, then why put anything there at all?

Let's see any way. Looking forward to more info, abilities and talents so we can have some good discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    Well we know some abilities are on a cd and/or with charges. Spammable abilities exist as builders for existing classes but... it's sub-optimal just to spam them.

- - - Updated - - -

They mentioned fury, which so far, sounds very similar to rage.
    Hmm. Well possibly. Rage like mechanic with builders and spenders. I guess that could work yeah. If not energy then a rage mechanic. could be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it doesn't seem like energy because the fury generator is on a charge system. typically rogues ferals and even monks are gated by energy cost rather than cooldown abilities to generate their combo points.

i much prefer rage to energy anyway and it would be lame for yet another leather wearing class to use energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    "fury" was all it said

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    yeah it doesn't seem like energy because the fury generator is on a charge system. typically rogues ferals and even monks are gated by energy cost rather than cooldown abilities to generate their combo points.

i much prefer rage to energy anyway and it would be lame for yet another leather wearing class to use energy.
    Where did you see that the fury generator, assuming you mean Fel Rush, is on a charge system, because it's not on the preview video?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you see that the fury generator, assuming you mean Fel Rush, is on a charge system, because it's not on the preview video?
    the expansion reveal when showing off the demon hunter said that the rush ability was on a charge system.

the expansion reveal when showing off the demon hunter said that the rush ability was on a charge system.
    Tom Chilton showing it off? Fel Rush, then eye beam, then double jump, then lots of skills together? They do not say that in the preview. It's also not listed on the ability. Source please.

Probably Fury, Demonic Fury, or Fel Energy.

Neon Mt Dew bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Chilton showing it off? Fel Rush, then eye beam, then double jump, then lots of skills together? They do not say that in the preview. It's also not listed on the ability. Source please.
    http://www.twitch.tv/blizzard/v/9914315 at around the 1:36:00 mark

http://www.twitch.tv/blizzard/v/9914315 at around the 1:36:00 mark
    Ah. Seems so then. Well if all abilities will be tied to cooldowns i guess a rage like mechanic is what we're looking at. Still wonder why it says energy on the class site though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orissan View Post
    They may still be able to equip the others though. All the old weapons are those catagorys and they may still be able to use them for show off purposes.

Similar to how warriors CAN equip pretty much every weapon under the sun, save those tiny, shriveled, magic sticks. But really only use 6 of those, maybe sometimes fist weapons.

The glaives may be DH only and be just better. So they use those instead.
    Perhaps. Artifact system makes everything a little odd - all DH *will* have glaives, and there's not any back-glaives to transmog to. Interesting to see if you can shift them to swords with their animations.

Deleted
    Fury works like rage for warriors.

Deleted
    You can't rely on the class page for shit -- it's clearly out of date (it doesn't mention Fury at all). You have to keep in mind that DHs are being iterated on like crazy right now, just like Monks were (remember light and dark chi? yeah).

If they didn't have energy, then why put anything there at all?
    Working theory is that it was a copy-paste from rogues. The weapon list and resource are the tells, in this theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madokara Mieru View Post
    Fury works like rage for warriors.
    We don't know this, but it does sound similar-ish. Really, it sounds like Focus/Rage in SWTOR, where you have a generic builder button, a cooldown builder button, and some specials. That game lacks autoattacks, so it can't tie any resource to them. But all we have is that one line where some moves make Fury, and some moves spend Fury. It could still be a system like Hunters, where you get it at a slow rate (energy-like) but have moves that grant it as well, or... lots of stuff, really.