Demon Hunter Talent/Abilities speculation.

This is purely for speculation, it is simply ideas and possibilities of what Blizzard might implement for their new hero class Demon Hunter.

I am extremely surprised that there isn't a thread already on this (Unless it is just unpopular), but what do you think Blizzard would give DH for Talents or Abilities?

One idea I had Blizzard may include is a talent that would allow Havoc to summon one or two Azzinoth elementals, like the proc Shard of Azzinoth gives, similar to what Illi does when he summons the two Minions of Azzinoth. Just a cool little idea.

So, What do you guys think? What do you want Blizzard to give DHs? So far they've shown only AOE so do you think there will be mostly AOE abilities or do you think they will have plenty of single target abilities?

Chat away!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 2 things I want:
    THE HUNT!
    and Dive.

Both from Illidan in HotS. Amazing mobility abilities.

Deleted
    i think they will get some sort of life steak attack (single target) a defensive ability like evasion, not sure what else. i expect a lot of mobility based skills. didn't it say somewhere they would be able to use their wings to engage fights from above?

15+ Year Old Account
    Based on Heroes of the storm:

Evasion
    Cause incoming base attacks to miss for X seconds.

Dive
    Dives at the target, Dealing damage and slowing the target x second.

Betrayer's Thirst (Passive)
    Normal attacks heal the DH for X% of damage dealt and reduce his/her cooldowns by X seconds.

Shadow Shield
    Grants you 10% of your max HP as a shield.

Immolation
    Burn nearby enemies for X damage.

Deleted
    well

lots of different mobility talents I think and then the usual ability enhancing/changing talents aswell as a few new abilities

summoning the fel elementals Illidan summons sounds fun for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely going to be action-combat like abilities. Considering that the DPS class is going to be a magic based melee user which wears cloth they'd NEED abilities like Vengeful Vault (or Retreat idk) that absorb and negate spells cast on you. Lots of mobility as well for against melee mobs/classes. Besides that I dunno.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Definitely going to be action-combat like abilities. Considering that the DPS class is going to be a magic based melee user which wears cloth they'd NEED abilities like Vengeful Vault (or Retreat idk) that absorb and negate spells cast on you. Lots of mobility as well for against melee mobs/classes. Besides that I dunno.
    what? magic based / cloth? where is this from?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not going to wear cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    They're not going to wear cloth.
    As of right now, yeah they're not wearing cloth. Though, I think having them slotted for Agi cloth would make the leather wearers a tad happier, and fit their lore a little better. It's not that big of a deal, but it could be done. /shrug

Agi cloth would make no one happier. It would be the worst.

Agi mail is the best from a loot perspective. Agi cloth from a logical perspective. Agi leather splits the difference.

Anyway, I think for demon hunters at this point they have quite the large set of abilities to grab from. We see the warcaft III iconic demon hunter with Mana Burn, Immolation (the real one, where you burn and nearby enemies take damage), and evasion (a passive evasion), and of course, meta. We have the Hearthstone demon hunter, who makes little fire-poops. We have the in-game Demon Hunters, who have a mix of that and wow abilites, and of course we have the new HotS Illidan.

Personally, I really do want to see immolation. I think it's the least likely one to get, however, because the mechanics of it would be hard to balance. In WCIII you had a real resource to spend on it, and in WoW the idea of turning off part of your cycle to damage enemies you are able to stand near would be hard to do. If it was a short (4-8 second) buff that you had to spend a couple seconds of damage on, that could work, and I'd like to see them move in some direction like that.

Immolation Aura could work like it does for Demo locks. You cast it and it does fire damage in an area for a few seconds and drains DFury. I think it could be a good tanking ability, like Concencrate and DnD.

All I'm hoping for is some really nice looking animations with fel magic fused attacks and spells.