10+ Year Old Account

So it looks like DHs will have 3D mobility? Any thoughts?

From what I understood, they will get abilities and/or attacks that will let them soar up or come gliding down at their enemies.

Sounds cool and all, but how will they be able to keep these abilities unique from what Rogues, Warriors, and Monks already have?

Their Fel Rush is already a faster moving, shorter range version of the Monk's "Chi Torpedo" talent.

What ideas do you guys have for cool, unique mobility that a DH can get? They have wings (and WoW has new mechanics), so they aren't limited to the 2D ground plane movements anymore.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

There's no evidence or statements that they'll have 3D movement. The closest we get implied is something perhaps like a goblin glider when they are falling (and presumably then only in meta). The double jump doesn't take you super high or anything. They could make it all leapy-demon, but we don't have anything to assume that yet.

Fel Rush we just don't know. Fel Rush might be strictly better than Chi Torpedo for all we know by the time it ships. We don't know the cooldown or relative damage or anything else. I wouldn't worry about clashing with another class just yet, with so few moves announced. One thing we can say is the "unrivaled mobility" bullet point does seem to imply that demon hunter will, in fact, be the most mobile- but those bullet points have lied to us plenty, so even that is not a sure thing.

I'm quite interested to see how everything turns out. Having double jump and some more 3D movement is definitely going to bring a large amount of uniqueness to the class, and 3D movement abilities are definitely going to change how we approach combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    THE HUNT
    Dive

Basically Illidan from Heroes of the Storm.

I keep repeating myself.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, it'll probably play like a Warrior that gets knocked up in the air and does a charge back but much more fluid. In this case, you would simply double jump then execute their charge purely for looks with no actual damage benefit.

That would be my guess without having done any real research.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if their double jump will work like a TF2 Scout's, where they can jump and then turn around 180 degrees in mid-air and jump again back to their original spot. That would be great for PvP juking.

Also, a targeted Heroic Leap type ability would be nice.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama