Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    "inb4 everyone rerolls DH and I only take 2 max to my raids" - Words of my raid leader.

A) Are you a tank? Then you hash it out with the other when the details come.

B) Are you dps? Then you make the decision and deal with the consequences, good or bad.

Lrn2Adult

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    That's not how organized raiding works.
    At this point the leader and officers should kiss your feet considering how hard it is to find ANYONE to raid with. Half of the player base has quit in the last 6 months.

If ten people are interested in re-Rolling now maybe 3-4 will do it at launch. A lot of people drop off when trying it in beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarathan View Post
    Im personally just going to reroll dh and if my officers disagree ill find some other place to raid.
    Good luck getting a raid spot as a trial demon hunter...

10+ Year Old Account
    We will decide as a guild. I'm interested for sure, but I'll have to prove my ability to play that class in the bèta.

The way my guild is handling it is:

People will try DH, whoever absolutely falls in love with it gets to reroll. We're going to quiz them on DH before they get to even join.

Deleted
    So far we have only seen like 5 or 6 of their abilities and a gameplay video which lasts like 15 seconds. How are you so certain that you are going to like the new class? We dont even know their full ability kit yet and people are already saying that they're gonna roll one for sure.

I'm hyped about demon hunters too, but I dont want to bang my head to a brickwall blindly. First of all they're melee, which means they're already at a disadvantage simply because of their nature. This game has been out for 10 years now and Ranged DPS > Melee DPS meta hasnt changed ever since. If you are a melee dps that is competing for a raid spot, you either have to bring insane dps or some very nice raid utility in order to earn that spot. Tell me how many windwalker monks have you seen lately on anywhere? Very few yeah? It's because their dps is just mediocre and they dont bring and raid utility at all, who wants such a melee in their raid? The exact same thing may happen with the Demon Hunters too. We dont know if they are going to have a useful ability like rogues Cloak of Shadows or a cool raid utility like rallying cry. Without these, they're gonna have to bring some insane dps to the table or they're just out, simple as that. But ofc I'm talking about a mythic raiding guild situation here. If you are in a guild where you can only farm normal + some heroic then the class you play doesnt matter at all anyways.

In order for Demon Hunters to be an actually viable melee dps they're gonna need ;

1 - Raid utility (Rallying Cry, Anti-Magic Zone, or an ability like Cloak of Shadows which help you counter a boss mechanic)
    2 - One of the best dps specs (You are gonna compete with Mages, Rogues, Boomkins, Warlocks and Hunters who have always been the top dps classes)
    3 - Scaling. They need to scale better with gear in order to keep getting brought to the raids. If it's going to be a class where it only shines at the start of the expansions and fall off on the mid-late expansion due to bad scaling, it's gonna have a hard time finding a raid spot. (see windwalker monk)
    4 - Some form of immunity or "I got this" kind of ability such as Deterrance, Greater Invis, Ice Block etc.
    5 - Versatility. Let's take mages for example, they have 3 dps specs since they're a pure dps class. This means that if one of these specs suck balls, they can still play the other specs and be viable. For example Fire Mage was insanely good back in BRF, but they suck in HFC. Are the mages dead? Nope, they still have Frost and Arcane to go with. What happens if Havoc Demon Hunter suck balls in a certain raid tier? They're not gonna have the option of playing just the other dps spec and still be viable.

Moreover, different specs means more flexibility depending on the boss type. Mages, for example, can play Arcane for single target and Frost for cleave in HFC. How will Demon Hunters manage all kinds of fights in only 1 spec? They're supposed to do great single target, great cleave, great burst aoe and great sustained aoe damage in only 1 spec. The only possible solution to this is the talent tree, but I'm not quite sure how their talent tree will give them such flexibility.
    Last edited by mmoc8fa71e8d95; 2015-08-11 at 07:43 PM.

I'm switching from WW/BRM monk to DH.. so to anyone concerned not much of a change.. still leather wearing, agile mele/tank class.. I even have same name reserved on connected realm as my main, so basically no change at all :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!