Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Has there been any confirmation whatsoever that EMFH wont break cc anymore?
    Im betting my money on it being pretty much the same and humans will be able to enjoy the 2 other abilities in that tier instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure EMFH is gone.
    you can still get gear from pvp.
    you can still feel op if your PVP lvl is higher then another person.

why all this rage.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostyyyy View Post

why all this rage.
    people are trying very hard to complain about something.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostyyyy View Post

why all this rage.
    As long as all this is true that's fine. But if BIS pvp gear has to come from pve than that's not right. People keep saying it will only be a couple of percent which is okay according to them, but the tiny advantage of emfh ruined pvp for the same people. I don't quite understand how that works.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

EMFH probably won't be removed, especially with the recent Horde buffs.
    If it is, expect humans to still have something to make people cry about.

Most likely they are going to have EMFH and be able to pick another pvp talent to go along with it.
    Orcs will be on a similar playing field with being able to get the trinket and stun reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    EMFH probably won't be removed, especially with the recent Horde buffs.
    If it is, expect humans to still have something to make people cry about.

Most likely they are going to have EMFH and be able to pick another pvp talent to go along with it.
    Orcs will be on a similar playing field with being able to get the trinket and stun reduction.

i dont think its gone either.. i dont think they even know whats gonna happen with it yet.

PVP gear and PVE gear will be equal. First time in WoW history.

Examples:
    PVP gear from vendors will reach ilevel 700
    PVE gear from bosses reaches ilevel 720

PVP limits ilevel to 680. But for every 10 ilevel over 680 you get a 1% dmg increase instead of an exponential curve of damage increase.
    On top of this, Trinkets, set bonuses and enchants are disabled in PVP. This curbs the random proc of large stats that created random burst kills.

This doesn't remove the need to gear up for pvp but it removes the situations where a new player enters PVP and he is so out geared that the enemy players effectively capable of killing him in a single stun.

Think of it like a exponential graph where they cut it off about 80% of the way up, the worst part has been trimmed to make it better for new players, to create a gear ceiling faster for less grinding and remove PVE players advantages over PVP players.

Deleted
    But nothing is going to chance. There will still be specs like elemental shaman who will be dead the whole expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsang View Post
    But nothing is going to chance. There will still be specs like elemental shaman who will be dead the whole expansion.
    Unless they change it between now and release. Oh yea!

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    As long as all this is true that's fine. But if BIS pvp gear has to come from pve than that's not right. People keep saying it will only be a couple of percent which is okay according to them, but the tiny advantage of emfh ruined pvp for the same people. I don't quite understand how that works.
    Holinka said it in an interview, best gear for pvp will come from pvp it just wont be classified as pvp gear anymore cause there wont be set bonuses or resilience/pvp power/ etc

Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    Holinka said it in an interview, best gear for pvp will come from pvp it just wont be classified as pvp gear anymore cause there wont be set bonuses or resilience/pvp power/ etc
    Since there are no PvP stats or variable scaling, this would seem to imply that this would also end up being the best gear FOR PVE (at least, for non tier set slots). And that can't possibly be what they are intending.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Changes look good, Skill should be a bigger deciding factor than gear. I see no reason why more experienced players need advantages vs less experienced players! Its completely stupid!
    Playing will provide experience now, experience will provide the advantage, just like every single other pvp game ever. its like playing chess, except new players have a board full of pawns and the master players have a board full of queens.

I must admit, i have been majorly turned off from PVP by the gear grind and the skewed power towards already experienced players, where no amount of strategy, skill or talent on my behalf amounted to anything vs someone with better gear, i dont want to sink so much time into obtaining gear that changes every single patch, i do however want to play in an even competetive environment where i can now see the real impact of my character and know that its my choices that lead me to lose, not my gear. anything else is poor design.

This philosophy in no way relates to PVE. PVE has static points of entry where the introduction dungeons/raids stay at the same difficulty level. PVP on the other hand, the entry level changes with the average gear level of all pvp players, which only increases over time, meaning late comers never get to have fair points of entry.

These changes are good and i look forward to stomping the gear>skillz grinders

Ceasing pvp gear as a gate and THE only form of progression that existed in pvp is a pretty bad move.

All things aside, it's one of the biggest glaring problems that Guild Wars 2 had with it's pvp, and why outside of WvW that game has been stagnant from shortly after everyone was running around with the same exact gear & stats.

It's also another reason why twink brackets in WoW have been pretty dead. Everyone has the same gear, and after a few weeks of fighting literally everyone running all the same heirloom gear, the pursuit and enjoyment of "skill" has long left WSG and AB. It won't be any different in random bg's at level 110.

If anything, there's little more exciting than being under-geared and triumphing over a better geared player. The way I look at, most of these ones here claiming it's for the merit of "skill" probably never touched anything above 1800. And I can bet it had nothing to do with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nir View Post
    people are trying very hard to complain about something.
    ^
    I don't understand... Why so useless comment? Just to be negative? What's the point? I don't get this type of comments which don't add anything new or important to the discussion. They're just SPAM/off-top.

We're not "COMPLAINING ALL THE TIME", we just want balanced PvP, what's so hard to understand?

They should make PVP rewards simply awesome looking transmog gear.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2015-08-26 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    That's alright then. It will be nice to bounce back and forth between 2 classes and 5 specs without having to gear them all or fail. It will be interesting to see weather or not they add in some sort of pvp weapons for off specs and alts to use until you lvl your artifact. Time will tell.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"