Deleted

Legion world pvp?

Hello there
    So as I watched gamescon I got flustrated by one thing.
    So world pvp is already dead (I think we can all agree here), but I was just wondering if it is going to be even more dead (lel) when legion is out?

My point is: "pvp talents will be allowed only in bg's and arenas, not in pve environment" - so lets say, if I farm pvp hard on bgs and arenas lets say, and then i will go to orgrimmar or just meet enemy accidently, i wont be able to use my pvp talents that im used to use on bg`s cuz its not "pvp environment"?
    isnt just retarded? Or maybe i understood wrong and im the retarded one.
    I think blizzard is missing the point, and we are slowly (or maybe not slowly) becoming some Neverwinter mmo only with some dungeons and stuff, without open pvp world - ba, its 99% already dead.

Why dont they just make these talents usable when fighting against player instead of blocking it in non pvp environment?

Whats your thoughts?

Btw I might made some mistakes, but I dont use english like everyday so i hope u guyz will forgive me.

I'm sure by pvp environment, they just mean on another player. Like how in game now, if you're wearing pvp gear and you're out and about in the world farming mobs and a member of the opposite faction attacks you, your gear scales up to its pvp ilvl against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralheart View Post
    I'm sure by pvp environment, they just mean on another player. Like how in game now, if you're wearing pvp gear and you're out and about in the world farming mobs and a member of the opposite faction attacks you, your gear scales up to its pvp ilvl against them.
    No gear scaling no pvp gear in legion have fun.

https://youtu.be/d7u8vKLjwZM?t=12m20s

Well if u take what FeralHeart said, referring to how currently if ur out in the world and u get flagged ur gear triggers and scales up. So maybe.. i cant confirm this, but maybe it will b the same... ur out and about, and u get flagged, ur pvp talents trigger and pvp bars engage. Just speculation. I would love to believe that blizzard knows if this doesnt happen then ya world PvP will b NONEXISTENT forever!

Here's the problem, People expect world pvp to come to them. It doesn't, I can just picture them out there in elwynn thinking, i'm ready, i'm ready, i'm ready, for that world pvp. It doesn't happen like that. You have to go out there and MAKE your world pvp. You go out to thrallmar and kill all their guards and quest givers until 100's show up. You gather up some people and you go invade Volmar in tanaan, kill their questgivers and make them flag. That is world pvp. That's what happened in crossroads and in tarren mill in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Here's the problem, People expect world pvp to come to them. It doesn't, I can just picture them out there in elwynn thinking, i'm ready, i'm ready, i'm ready, for that world pvp. It doesn't happen like that. You have to go out there and MAKE your world pvp. You go out to thrallmar and kill all their guards and quest givers until 100's show up. You gather up some people and you go invade Volmar in tanaan, kill their questgivers and make them flag. That is world pvp. That's what happened in crossroads and in tarren mill in vanilla.
    No one said anything about how World PvP works, but ur explanation is correct.. that's how me and my friends do it.. Darkshore Inn rooftop camping since Vanilla.. but that isnt the question we r raising.. if PvP is going to b dictated by pvp talents, ONLY usable in bgs or arenas, then world PvP is going to suck for those of us that do it right. If we don't get access to the PvP talents whilst world PvPing, then that defeats the purpose of calling it PvP (in accords to the new system in Legion)

I say, If ur on a PvP server, then if ur in a neutral zone and both factions r flagged , then u should have access to ur pvp talents. if ur in enemy territory then once u engage a live enemy, boom, pvp talents engage.. that's all it takes to ensure world pvp is still fun for those who do it right.. just brain storming

Quote Originally Posted by Gennosuke247 View Post
    No one said anything about how World PvP works, but ur explanation is correct.. that's how me and my friends do it.. Darkshore Inn rooftop camping since Vanilla.. but that isnt the question we r raising.. if PvP is going to b dictated by pvp talents, ONLY usable in bgs or arenas, then world PvP is going to suck for those of us that do it right. If we don't get access to the PvP talents whilst world PvPing, then that defeats the purpose of calling it PvP (in accords to the new system in Legion)

I say, If ur on a PvP server, then if ur in a neutral zone and both factions r flagged , then u should have access to ur pvp talents. if ur in enemy territory then once u engage a live enemy, boom, pvp talents engage.. that's all it takes to ensure world pvp is still fun for those who do it right.. just brain storming
    Ah shit my bad didn't read anything and just assumed it was about world pvp in general. The pvp talents should be active at all times, but you should only get them if you're a pvper. Kind of like how you switch specs. Make it a third window I guess and "spec into pvp" or just have them activate when you flag. At any rate they should have more than enough time to work this system out. I'm going to bed though been up too long.

Deleted
    They should have gone the other way with it and made the PvP talents not work in dungeons and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    They should have gone the other way with it and made the PvP talents not work in dungeons and raids.
    well considering most content is PvE driven..that would base the entire talent system around a smaller portion of the game.. each patch releasing new raids and pve content, only to b denied talents cuz of the same pvp going on. idk.. it is something they could use, i just find it simpler for them to just implement a system where once ur flagged u have ur talents activate

I can see it:

1. Raiders faceroll everyone.
    2. Fanboys yell "WPVP is never fair/balanced get over it"
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

why in the world......of warcraft... would world pvp ever b balance.. its uncontrollable, unpredictable raw combat.. its not meant to b balanced.. but it would just b stupid to not have this new pvp talent system.. which includes the pvp trink...unavailable in an aspect of pvp... never the less.. people will cry over it because they cant c it for what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Yeah. They really should. I don't understand why the world is treated as a PvE area only. PvP servers are a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralheart View Post
    I'm sure by pvp environment, they just mean on another player..
    They specifically said "these abilities will only work in places like battlegrounds and arenas". This is what it was said.
    This means that any PvPer will be a free kill in open world content and they will have to hide in the cities form the Mythic raiders. Everyone assumes that this will not happen but Tom Chilton said exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    They specifically said "these abilities will only work in places like battlegrounds and arenas". This is what it was said.
    This means that any PvPer will be a free kill in open world content and they will have to hide in the cities form the Mythic raiders. Everyone assumes that this will not happen but Tom Chilton said exactly this.
    "The intent is that PvP talents activate in world PvP, similar to how PvP item levels currently activate in Warlords." - Lore

I'm sure item level will work the same way, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    "The intent is that PvP talents activate in world PvP, similar to how PvP item levels currently activate in Warlords." - Lore

I'm sure item level will work the same way, don't worry.
    Amazing, I was really worried for a while.

I got a reply from Zarhym on this topic about how the Legion pvp talent system worked with pvp. He says it'll work in world pvp in this twitter response

Edit: Apparently this was confirmed by Lore too so there are multiple sources confirming this.
    Signature not found