Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Won't be a problem if it's phased like the DK zone, and considering how sucessful the Tannan intro phasing was there should be absolutely no problem with early leveling at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Won't be a problem if it's phased like the DK zone, and considering how empty the Tannan intro phasing was there should be absolutely no problem with early leveling at launch.
    Fixed it for you. Felt very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Fixed it for you. Felt very weird.
    Blizzard decided (rightly) to be cautious and have a few people in Tannan as opposed to being flamboyant and letting a ton of people into Tannan DK zone style, and we all know how that went...

Blizzard also implemented multi-instance zones with WoD too (for certain areas). The Tanaan intro quest, for instance, would only allow so many players inside before spawning another instance, effectively limiting the number of players you "compete" against. I am willing to bet they will utilize this technology for the DH starting zone.

WoD launch was absolute garbage. Right after marking the trees and killing the mobs, No one could complete the quest to start building the garrison. I spent the first three hours of WoD doing archaeology. I really hope they're more prepared this time around.

I'm sure it will be much like the DK starting zone, which was phased. I think it goes without question that DHs will be equally popular as DKs were, and based on what Chilton said, it sounds like by the time you leave the starting zone you'll be able to get right into the action of the new expansion (so you'll likely be level 100). Anyways, I think it will be fine; they've made improvements since Wrath, such as being able to tag named mobs that are already tagged, phasing has improved, and I'm sure stuff will be respawning like crazy. But the DH starting zone will be just as nuts as the level 100 starting zone, so it should be tolerable with a little patience. Fortunately this will also help divide the traffic from the rest of the new content.

I take it none of you people actually play on a high pop server.

Blizzard already has the ability to phase people within a certain realm into different instances of it. This happens all the time even now in places like tanaan jungle. My server is so populated, we used to get those miniboss yells for deathtalon and shit spawning like every 15 seconds or so because of all the multiple phases that existed to cover our enormous population. It was so bad they had to hotfix it so you didn't see yells from other phases anymore. Demon Hunter starting area will be crowded, but it won't be just completely unbearable.

The fact they're going to more or less start at level 100 also makes it far more likely people will level one of them first instead of their main first as many people did with the previous two classes. Starting at 55 and leveling all the way to 80 took a lot of time in wrath, and starting at 1 and grinding to 90 took a while in MOP too. Demon Hunters though... You won't even be behind everyone else's mains and can jump right in. It's gonna be worse than the other 2 classes.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    I wonder if Blizzard has any way to control the expected OUTRAGEOUS amount of people trying to access this class all at once, or if they just expect people to level their mains first..

I'm probably gonna level a DH through the content first, that way I'll be glad to return to my monk to get to 110 in the case I dislike the DH.. So what's gonna happen there? Am I gonna have to compete with thousands of players? Or will there be good phasing so it's not like the WoD Launch event all over again?
    Was the same for DK:s first week wont be as much as second week due to first max lvl race, i took world third dk 80 on magtheridon and fought with against sk gaming skygge about it.

Some random came first lol and not by little by a lot he found the exploit quick hehe, that later got fixed hehe.

anyway from my experience there sure it was populated but no it was not filled with characters there compared to the past experienced ive had it was calmer, but then again you started way LOWER lvl, wich made ppl want to do an alt dk instead and lvl it later.

Now that its closer to all other levels thats a diffrent story if it starts at 95 i think it will discourage a lot.

if it starts at 100, well then we have a problem and we gonna have an issue like you fear.

and as above mentioned phasing works now they didnt have that technology back then it was just an "alpha" testing phase during wotlk.

however if we get the same problem with phasing as WoD had at launch, where horde could not pass a specific main quest hub due to the godamn lagg vacume it caused.

then we will have an issue but it has nothing to do with launching of a class.

it was more of a coding error.

Well, Wrath had 8 million subs at that point and I'm sure Legion will have less than that sooo. It will go just fine?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningBurns View Post
    Did anyone level a monk when mop first went live?
    If so how does the character creation work when it hits 12:00 pst?
    Does the character creation just toggle on? Do you have to relog?
    There was a server wide message saying the expansion was launched and it just toggled on didn't have to relog, just logged out of the character I was on and created a monk

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    There was a server wide message saying the expansion was launched and it just toggled on didn't have to relog, just logged out of the character I was on and created a monk
    So do you think you would have to be logged in when the message goes live for it to take effect? Or relog? Or should it just flip over from character screen?

"There has only ever been, only ever will be... one Azshara."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nring/advanced

If they separate factions it might not be so bad on the people with bad hardware. But we will have server lagg for sure. They are adding a free level 100 boost so many returning players might use that to level there old mains. This will cut down on the number of Demon Hunters in the starting zone. The launch will be huge lagg is to be expected, but i am sure they are doing everything they can to make sure its not that bad.

Just gotta pray that blizzard has some more phasing tech.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    Just gotta pray that blizzard has some more phasing tech.
    Should be fine if they use the WoD phasing tech, just don't include a lot of clickable interaction objects since that's what broke a lot of quests right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Should be fine if they use the WoD phasing tech, just don't include a lot of clickable interaction objects since that's what broke a lot of quests right off the bat.
    Dismount auras are also a good thing. I liked how they added that to khadgar.(on top of adding more khadgars) There'll always be dicks on mammoths and other big mounts.

I won't have to worry about this so much as I'm sticking with my hunter, I'll level a DH perhaps once the raiding starts and during raiding hours and it will be a lot better.
    Also I think a lot of people will lose interest during beta as well because double jump will quickly get "whatever modus".

Deleted
    They're able to have multiple instances of the same zone now (which was expanded upon AFTER launch, and is used in Tanaan now a lot) so I wouldn't worry too much. Logging in might always be an issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Well Blizzard has shown that they can do separate phasing with the Garrisons.. So I wonder if they'll have the option to turn that on?
    Garrisons are instances, not phases. Which is why you had such trouble entering them the first few days, the instance servers were blocking new instances from being created to stay stable.

Tanaan makes it clear they also have implemented sharding(it's why sometimes somebody announces a rare in /1, but there's nothing there for you), however, meaning they basically create a new instance of the zone if more than x people are present to prevent overcrowding.

I can see blizzard doing what they did with DK at first making them require you too have ATLEAST 1 level 100 at first then after a few weeks in take off the required level for it then release buyable level 100s with the cap being removed so its not too many people in one area too crash the servers IF they might crash?

I don't remember having any problems with WoD launch, besides the lag.