Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rytle View Post
    I personal don't mind, it was supposed to be a demon hunter skill from the start and i didn't like us having it.

lets hope blizz will take this chance to finaly give us the power to summon more than 1 demon at a time, something like shaman totems atm.
    then we can forget about the wierd stance dancing form.
    Oh God, please nothing like Shaman totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    but with a way to reduce the cd ? like build something ( fury ) then spend it on demons. more ( fury ), more powerfull demon.

the shaman reference was to the way we can see what demon we have up. hell i don't know. but i sure didn't mean a copy of totems :P

I always liked the meta form because it made me feel like a demon hunter. If they are actually going to make a demon hunter class then there is no reason for warlocks to be stealing their thunder. I am a tad sad as I did enjoy it but honestly demonology has wandered away from its core purpose for a while which was to be focused on demons. Its probably better served going back to that focus and less hybrid weirdness it had been doing for a while.

haha, indeed! I'm wondering if they might re-use the Resource system to maintain the upkeep of a DoT debuff on the target, where the debuff spawns a Demon (Imp perhaps) every second for 15 seconds, with a refresh mechanic. Each Imp shoots 10 bolts then expires, and each bolt expends x units of Resource. That's a simple example, which might not translate to other Demons (i.e. Felguard). The Resource could also be dumped on other Demon-summoning abilities - not sure what though.

@thread

With regard to the words spoken by the developers in the various interviews, bear in mind that while they did not explicitly say they were removing Metamorphosis, they didn't explicitly say they were keeping it either. At this point in time, the decision to keep/modify/cut Metamorphosis is likely to depend on how the Demon Hunter class fleshes out, so the devs aren't going to publicly commit themselves either way.

To me, it looks like those saying 'good riddance' don't play, or at least main a Warlock. And for those that don't like it, Meta isn't the problem, it's the resource system - a few are saying they'd like to see it returned to being a cooldown.
    I'm honestly really not sure what I'd prefer - a modified version of stance dancing, or return to cooldown state.

I guess there are other options, tho ... but for me the one thing I'm certain about is - like others here have expressed - I'm honestly pretty tired of the fundamental gameplay of the specs changing so often.

All things being equal - as if if they manage to balance things - I'd rather they not have to "overhaul" Demonology to do what they want with it (presumably, tone down aoe burst and mobility without gutting them ... although I realize they framed it as wanting to tone down the complexity). And they really don't *have* to - I've seen several of us suggest ways to bring it in line without fundamentally changing it again.

I don't want to be cynical and conspiratorial, but a part of me honestly believes the pending rework is tied to reducing overlap between Demo and Demon Hunters. Which leads me to believe that, even though they have quite obviously been dancing around giving a hard yes/no to Demo still having Meta (even if altered), that at best it's going to be a cooldown.

But then, I also don't see it being a stance for DHs ... so, I don't know. I think DHs have a higher priority for Meta right now in the Devs' eyes, so whatever Demo gets - if anything - is surely going to be dependent on what DHs get first.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.