Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DH not looking great for PvP

From the abilities that were shown, demon hunters are already looking garbo !

AoE spells with damage are terrible already because they break CC. But if you add in the AoE tax, then skill cooldowns go up and single target damage goes down.

Then there're the worst mobility skills for a melee class. I have never heard an accomplished ww monk (very few now) not complain about how roll or torpedo put them past their target. And a melee class with disengage? Really? Because there's nothing like alleviating pressure by stopping all of yours...

But double jump right? "This skill has been disabled in rated PvP." Will be in the first patch notes. But assume for a second that won't happen... You can jump back on the platform in arena? That's ok I guess?

And then we have the super 2 min cooldown: "catch a stealthy!" That's pretty cool. Fair even! But already the rage from any rogue is palpable. Expect this mediocre skill to get some kind of penalty because xxninjaxxnarutoroguexx forgot to bind vanish.

You have seen about 6 abilities from a class that won't see the light of day for possibly a year in the future. Yet you go all out saying how it gonna suck in pvp and so on.. It is so long til its released that worrying about it now is just plain silly

Nothing of what you saw will go live like it is now. so many things gonna change between now and release
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2015-08-09 at 10:46 AM.

I know it won't go in exactly as shown. Sure tweaking happens between now and then, but the general design concepts are already in place.

AoE taxes are bad in all PvP. It's clear they have this concept of a class that EVERYTHING is aoe. Even the spec name havoc kinda indicates their thinking of this guy that just aoes the battlefield.

They then go on to advertise all the worst mobility spells in PvP with a big emphasis on a never before implemented double jump screaming exploit exploit exploit. Glads are already saying the very first thing they'll try is jumping back to the starting area in dalaran arena.

This isn't really tweak territory.

Quote Originally Posted by timesmash View Post
    I know it won't go in exactly as shown. Sure tweaking happens between now and then, but the general design concepts are already in place.

AoE taxes are bad in all PvP. It's clear they have this concept of a class that EVERYTHING is aoe. Even the spec name havoc kinda indicates their thinking of this guy that just aoes the battlefield.

They then go on to advertise all the worst mobility spells in PvP with a big emphasis on a never before implemented double jump screaming exploit exploit exploit. Glads are already saying the very first thing they'll try is jumping back to the starting area in dalaran arena.

This isn't really tweak territory.

Because monks can't transcend back to the starting sewer and warlocks can't port there now? Doomsday was in 2012 iirc

Legion is less than a year away count on it

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's extremely early to say they're going to be an issue/have issues. We know next to nothing about them aside from like 9 abilities. We're not even 100% sure on their resource or weapons(Both are pretty debated), so it's hard to judge what strength's or weaknesses they're gonna have.

Deleted
    the glide, dash thing or how ever you want to call it, was it fel rush or something?
    It didn't seem unstable at all, not far range. It actually could give advantaged, like, used it to go behind the target etc etc.

The thing you jump back out of combat can be used to escape? Can be used for carrying the flag, turn back and ta da, couple of yards away from enemy.

Believe me, every spells can have it's own use if used properly.

And about double jumb, not quite sure it makes you JUMP HIGHER that much, from video they shown i actually just makes you jump further not higher.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    You have seen about 6 abilities from a class that won't see the light of day for possibly a year in the future. Yet you go all out saying how it gonna suck in pvp and so on.. It is so long til its released that worrying about it now is just plain silly

Nothing of what you saw will go live like it is now. so many things gonna change between now and release
    True even when it its live, how many times were dks and monk tweeked. From a pvp point of view they look great already. They are melee, yet most of their abilities deal magic damage, they can double jump and double charge, they have a mini disengage, they can see stealthed or invisible unit and through walls, 1 min cd aoe stun that deals damage, ranged abilities (eye beam and the thing that looked like a galive toss in the gameplay preview) plus they have access to metamorphosis.

6 abilities and one two minute mini demo later, and you're already having concerns? Goodness me. There's probably another 15-20 skills to come, and all the talents, and all the pvp talents. We're not even in beta. Wait for a while...

Already QQ threads about DH pvp, shine on you crazy bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Bruh it's not even Beta, surely this is bait thread.

You have seen less than 5 minutes of gameplay, no PvP, and not nearly the complete set of abilities, or even the final version of the ones shown. You have literally no idea how Demon Hunters are looking for PvP. Stop deluding yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long has it been? 3 days since the announcement? And you're already complaining about balance.

1. You don't know the whole kit
    2. You don't know how other classes are gonna change
    3. You don't know how the new Honor System talents are gonna affect PvP

Deleted
    Literally full of shit

they shown nothing so far

10+ Year Old Account
    the only valid point you make is the fact that dh will counter stealth openers in arena.... i think this will get nerfed too

something like, you can't detect stealth for the first 30 seconds of an arena match

Deleted
    They got a nice aoe stun alrdy.

If they bring more to the table well....
    depends how much survival abillity they pack.

I don't think double jump will work that way; You typically can't change the direction you're moving mid-air so I imagine your second jump will travel the same way as your first one regardless of where you're facing. As for balance, like others have said - It's way too early to tell, but i'll be playing it regardless because I need a change and I love being agile, I don't even really care if it's not great (though it'll probably be pretty damn good for a bit).

Deleted
    It will be OP as fuck in the beginning in order to encourage people to the play them, then they'll be gradually nerfed. Hopefully, they won't be like monks who eventually got nerfed to shit and no one plays them.

10+ Year Old Account
    why cc when you can AoE entire enemy team? you're XxIllidanxX (add random accents) for the love of god!

10+ Year Old Account
    Double Jump won't be disabled because it's not OP... WoW isn't a telegraph-skill based game, just because you double jump doesn't mean that Chaos Bolt is gonna miss you... or that Chimera Shot isn't gonna rip your anus in two.

We have seen ALPHA footage and only a few skills that will most likely be changed in the release, relax.

Blizzard screwed up the DK release because they released a stupidly over powered class (it was insanely op at launch) they learned from this and Monk came out and was horrible at PvP until a few patches later when they buffed it. I believe the same thing will happen with DH. It'll be crap at first, strong after 1 or 2 patches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timesmash View Post
    From the abilities that were shown, demon hunters are already looking garbo !

AoE spells with damage are terrible already because they break CC. But if you add in the AoE tax, then skill cooldowns go up and single target damage goes down.

Then there're the worst mobility skills for a melee class. I have never heard an accomplished ww monk (very few now) not complain about how roll or torpedo put them past their target. And a melee class with disengage? Really? Because there's nothing like alleviating pressure by stopping all of yours...

But double jump right? "This skill has been disabled in rated PvP." Will be in the first patch notes. But assume for a second that won't happen... You can jump back on the platform in arena? That's ok I guess?

And then we have the super 2 min cooldown: "catch a stealthy!" That's pretty cool. Fair even! But already the rage from any rogue is palpable. Expect this mediocre skill to get some kind of penalty because xxninjaxxnarutoroguexx forgot to bind vanish.

All spells are not revealed yet, passives and talents are not revealed, the charge has a charge system and has 3 charges.

gl kiting a dh