Page 1 of 41
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Why are people really against vaccinations?

    It's no secret that a large sect of people are genuinely against vaccinations for their children, especially babies. I am curious as to why this is exactly? What leads them to believe this and be so firm in their belief that no matter what you say or show them they deny it as false, or a conspiracy of pharmaceutical companies. I've heard the Autism excuse, but that's obviously not true and been debunked. What other things are they afraid of? My sister has recently joined this bandwagon and her two children (3 and 2) have never been vaccinated.

    Where are these people getting their information from? Is there any truth to it?

    Regardless of which side of this debate you fall on, +1 for sources for your answers.
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2015-08-09 at 08:21 PM. Reason: expand

  2. #2
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,340
    Ignorance.

  3. #3
    Deleted
    Don't understand them.

  4. #4
    Because someone on facebook told them so.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

  5. #5
    Banned GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wokeville mah dood
    Posts
    45,475
    Some fake artcile and a woman with formally nice tits told them it caused autism.

  6. #6
    Uh, for the reasons that they say they are.

    But as you say, the reasons that they state are wrong.

    What you actually want to make a thread about is why people believe things that are wrong to be true.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

  7. #7
    I'm asking what their defense is more so than if they are correct or not. What are they reading/seeing that gives them such strong conviction?

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Mister Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Ignorance.
    Pretty much this. And the refusal to learn anything. You can't force someone to change their beliefs sometimes. Let them learn on their own.

    I laugh when they say "Vaccinations aren't natural." So are the clothes you're wearing, living past 35, and typing on your keyboard. Good job.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Pretty much this. And the refusal to learn anything. You can't force someone to change their beliefs sometimes. Let them learn on their own.

    I laugh when they say "Vaccinations aren't natural." So are the clothes you're wearing, living past 35, and typing on your keyboard. Good job.
    You can't say 'let them learn on their own' when the lives of children are involved.

  10. #10
    Because people are idiots who would rather believe some fraudulent doctor and a former playboy model and subsequently cause a increase in formerly all but exterminated diseases. I would say reap what you sow but its hardly fair for the children who are potentially at risk of losing their lives to their parents ignorance.

  11. #11
    Sources people. Sources. Who is this 'fraudulent doctor'? Where is the articles he or she wrote to make people believe this so heavily?

  12. #12
    Deleted
    Anti-Vac crowd isn't very common in UK

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Sources people. Sources. Who is this 'fraudulent doctor'? Where is the articles he or she wrote to make people believe this so heavily?
    I don't remember his name but he was struck off of the UK medical register for falsifying results of a experiment to show a link between vaccinations and autism.

    Edit: His name is Andrew Wakefield.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2015-08-09 at 08:28 PM.

  14. #14
    Deleted
    Everything is based on bro-science, so called. Look at the definition. Basically conclusions are made on anecdotal re-search. Go check out fitness channels, some support steriods, state that they are healthy, others just say, stay away from steroids, but eat 200grams of protein to gain muscle. Bro-science, nothing else.

  15. #15
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,226
    Because I hate needles. Got to have a frigging top up soon, dreading it.

  16. #16
    i an not vaccinated since over 15 years , i went to see the doctor the last time about 1 year ago because the work wanted me to check something when i walked on a nail , besides that i am never sick and i think that "MOST" medications are just some bullshit to make money . 29 years old now the last time i was realy sick was when i was like 10 and got a bad cold Lol

  17. #17
    The Undying Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Στην Κυπρο
    Posts
    32,391
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Anti-Vac crowd isn't very common in UK
    It is, they had issues in places such as Wales due to it.

    And it was kind of a British doctor's fault that it started in the first place, so best we don't start slinging mud.

  18. #18
    Deleted
    It's the new fad birthed by ignorance and mass hysteria.

  19. #19
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because I hate needles. Got to have a frigging top up soon, dreading it.
    I remember when my Dad told me a quick story to distract me whilst the doc gave me the needle, ah childhood ^_^

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Leothras The Mad View Post
    I remember when my Dad told me a quick story to distract me whilst the doc gave me the needle, ah childhood ^_^
    Brilliant nurses will strike up a conversation with you and then suddenly inform you that it's done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •