Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I love small amounts of theobromine.
    I need my caffeine!

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    So Garian what you are trying to say is that social engineers (women) have intentionally poisoned vaccines to cause autism in men?

    WELL OK THEN.

    Yeah you can basically just full on ignore the guy at this point. No reason to respond to his posts; he's pushing a hilarious conspiracy theory agenda.

  3. #163
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    http://www.livescience.com/49748-att...-with-age.html

    Leave it to the youngsters to make matters complicated...
    Well generally, we don't remember a time where these diseases were prevalent and deadly. Older generations do however.

  4. #164
    Deleted
    Because vaccines are made out of non-polluted air and potassium. They throw in a couple bananas and blend it with coconut water.

    And the fluoride in your drinking water is not damaging your brain, it's actually ENHANCING your cognitive functionality.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthrop View Post
    Idiots. Tell me one chemical that is good to pump into your veins...

    Chemicals? Body? Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
    Oh, I have another one, too!

    Phenylethylamine is great for you. Not only does your brain produce it naturally at times, but it is present in some foods and helps make you more alert, focused, and happy about the things you're focused on.

  6. #166
    The Undying Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    31,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well generally, we don't remember a time where these diseases were prevalent and deadly. Older generations do however.
    shouldn't that make you especially trusting?
    Since the diseases are gone, it shows that the vaccine is effective.
    And since the generations are still around too, it shows that the vaccines didn't harm the population.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthrop View Post
    Because vaccines are made out of non-polluted air and potassium. They throw in a couple bananas and blend it with coconut water.

    And the fluoride in your drinking water is not damaging your brain, it's actually ENHANCING your cognitive functionality.
    Ah, but what they are made out of is chemical compounds that break down in your body harmlessly, or if they do persist exist only in trace, negligible amounts that no scientific study has ever shown to be conclusively harmful.

    And YOU asked about what chemicals were safe to have in your body, after all! While it would be easy to point out that just about every damn thing is made of chemical compounds, it's more satisfying to throw specific examples at you.

  8. #168
    The Normal Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    18,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Brilliant nurses will strike up a conversation with you and then suddenly inform you that it's done.
    I prefer to simply read the label involving potential benefits including the actual drug names and such. They zone out, and then come back with a surprised look when I say "done. Now away with ye."

    The only way an influenza shot is going to hurt is if the administrator is an idiot and doesn't wipe off excess alcohol.

  9. #169
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Oh, I have another one, too!

    Phenylethylamine is great for you. Not only does your brain produce it naturally at times, but it is present in some foods and helps make you more alert, focused, and happy about the things you're focused on.
    On top of that - every hormone your body produces is a chemical pumped into your veins.

    Not to mention the fact diabetics would die without injecting themselves with insulin.

  10. #170
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    But anyway: did you know that the government keeps records of all the forums and chatrooms on the internet, and keeps track of who is posting?
    Mister Osmeric, consider this: if certain people believe that your vaccines are making their children autistic, why wouldn't you change those vaccines to alleviate concerns?

    Instead you demonize these people, which is very telling.

    It's simple marketing and business.

  11. #171
    Stood in the Fire Starscream101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Mushroom Kingdom of Equestria
    Posts
    482
    If one person has the vaccinations and one does not have the vaccinations why should the person that has been treated care if the other one is not. After all he has the vaccinations so why worry you will be OK am I right.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    On top of that - every hormone your body produces is a chemical pumped into your veins.

    Not to mention the fact diabetics would die without injecting themselves with insulin.
    Oho, insulin is a great one. That one is actually injected directly, rather than simply dissolved into the bloodstream like food chemicals are.

  13. #173
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    If one person has the vaccinations and one does not have the vaccinations why should the person that has been treated care if the other one is not. After all he has the vaccinations so why worry you will be OK am I right.
    Becauses babies under a certain age cant be vaccinated. Nor can people allergic to the vaccine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    shouldn't that make you especially trusting?
    Since the diseases are gone, it shows that the vaccine is effective.
    And since the generations are still around too, it shows that the vaccines didn't harm the population.
    Out of Sight, out of mind is a stupid phenomena. Just because you no longer see the lion, doesnt mean its not still there.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    If one person has the vaccinations and one does not have the vaccinations why should the person that has been treated care if the other one is not. After all he has the vaccinations so why worry you will be OK am I right.
    Nope, you are not right. Herd immunity is important. If enough people aren't vaccinated and that immunity falls beneath a certain threshold, then the disease has a chance to take root and mutate into something that weakens the effectiveness of everybody's vaccines, thus hurting everybody.

    Herd immunity is necessary to protect the people who can't be vaccinated, due to either allergies or age.

  15. #175
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Quarantine and Chill
    Posts
    47,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Mister Osmeric, consider this: if certain people believe that your vaccines are making their children autistic, why wouldn't you change those vaccines to alleviate concerns?
    Because certain people happen to be profoundly stupid, and we should not be in the business of catering to idiots.

    To give an example, thanks to the outrage over vaccines containing thimerosal it is now significantly more expensive to get vaccines to people in Africa because they cannot be produced en masse as they used to.
    Elizabeth Warren is the neighbor in the horror movie who drives by the haunted house and is like “hey guys seems bad in there want to come with me?” and America is the family that’s like “nah it’s probably not that bad there were only chainsaw noises in the night that one time!”

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    If one person has the vaccinations and one does not have the vaccinations why should the person that has been treated care if the other one is not. After all he has the vaccinations so why worry you will be OK am I right.
    No.

    Unvaccinated people give the disease a place to shelter and mutate, changing the disease to something that the rest of the population has no immunity to and causing epidemics. Not to mention they spread it to the few that CANNOT get vaccinations for valid reasons or cannot depend on them fully (immuno-compromised, children below the age to get vaccinated, allergies to eggs [most vaccinations are egg-based, funnily enough]).

    It's not a personal thing when you decide not to get vaccinations - you're fucking over everyone around you.

  17. #177
    The root cause must be ignorance. The objective research data is there, but these people choose to ignore it. I can't call that anything but ignorance.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    It has been long known that there are many foods that can be toxic if not properly cooked/processed. I'm struggling to see a circumstance were anyone couldn't avoid continual contact/consumption of Lima beans or cassava. As we are al well aware, a balanced diet is part of a healthy life.
    Eeeh, the ones processing them on a daily basis, perhaps? Safety concerns of the workers should be considered as well, after all.

    Though I'm speaking from a position of ignorance here; I've no idea if handling alone is enough to cause concern, but if it was, I would assume wearing gloves would be sufficient.

  19. #179
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,925
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    It has been long known that there are many foods that can be toxic if not properly cooked/processed. I'm struggling to see a circumstance were anyone couldn't avoid continual contact/consumption of Lima beans or cassava. As we are al well aware, a balanced diet is part of a healthy life.
    People that eat puffer fish scare me. If not cooked exactly correctly, it'll kill you (or at least put you in the hospital a while).

  20. #180
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because certain people happen to be profoundly stupid, and we should not be in the business of catering to idiots.

    To give an example, thanks to the outrage over vaccines containing thimerosal it is now significantly more expensive to get vaccines to people in Africa because they cannot be produced en masse as they used to.
    You don't sell a potentially poisoned product to people and expect them to accept it. You remove all doubt.

    But apparently that's too much to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    No.

    Unvaccinated people give the disease a place to shelter and mutate, changing the disease to something that the rest of the population has no immunity to and causing epidemics. Not to mention they spread it to the few that CANNOT get vaccinations for valid reasons or cannot depend on them fully (immuno-compromised, children below the age to get vaccinated, allergies to eggs [most vaccinations are egg-based, funnily enough]).

    It's not a personal thing when you decide not to get vaccinations - you're fucking over everyone around you.
    By the time you have taken a vaccine, it's probably mutated already. But someone somewhere is making some $$$.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •