Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Arrow If i could turn back time... (Reverse pruning - what would YOU add back?)

This is coming up more as the dev mention they might be reversing the pruning they did in MOP / WOD. So i thought i'd find out what you would add back to your main class and why? This is important imo, as feedback will be required for them to make decent decisions. I realize it seems daunting given the history they have of not listening to us, but whatever.

For me (mage main), here is what i miss utility-wise off the top of my head the most:

Arc. Explosion: nice instant personal 10ft radius aoe - kept rogues etc honest (more so before subtifuge i guess), but good rogues could sap you from the edge of the radius and/or time it well. WANT - fire and frost

Fire blast: baits out warrior reflects (ugghhhh i miss that so much), off spec gcd for a little added umpf for casts just finishing or in the air (this used to shatter too.. was nice). FB used to do just enough dmg to kill most totems before totems got buffed if i remember correctly - you’d use this instead of a non-shatter ice lance because it would take 2 lances to kill a HST or WT but 1 FB). Other uses; Dark sim juke (yea slow fall.. but whatever im in a hurry u can have the fireblast ), grounding juke (on school lock.. or not.. if i have FoF i'm not using this into a grounding and ele cast is iffy). This is all for frost ofc, i’m aware fire has a spell that rolls this into a proc generator, arcane needs this too though. No travel time and off GCD of main spec is probably enough for you to imagine the pluses of the spell so i’ll shut up about it. NEED - Arc and Frost

Armors: Frost - haste / slow attacks / mage - cc reduction / sp reduction / molten - crit / physical armour — I get that some people don’t like this.. but common: situational protection that you have to mindful of?! it’s what we want in a depth game. this was a skill cap spell if there ever was one. if you were playing a mage that was swapping out to frost armour to land poly’s and then off to an appropriate defensive armour when you swapped to him, you had a good target. this is prior to Mop.. actually i think it was wrath when they made the most sense. NEED - all specs

FFB + dot: this was a nice little trick shot, you mix in an FFB at the right time against a rogue for instance, it’s a fire dot - for a short duration but still.. as a frost mage it was a nice little deterrent against vanishes and feral melds + stealths. I'm pretty sure that when this had a dot we also had living bomb as frost.. now it seems much more approp. to have FFB leave a low dmg dot. WANT - Arc / Frost

Some you might agree with, some you won't. I'm interested to hear what you'd like back for your class..
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2015-08-10 at 05:45 PM.

Ret main here...i just want instant baseline repentance back and ret aura to disuade tunneling

I think they should simply add more talent rows with the prunned abilities. This would keep the number lower than MoP and give people some choice on how to play their chars. That being said, as a feral (in order):

Barkskin: having no defensive CDs to use when stunned it pretty annoying. It forces me to play defensively against any rogue comp and forces me to save my trinket for smoke bomb, I can't even trinket blind which may them be turned into a huge CC chain.

Symbiosis: I absolutely loved that skill, it was very nice to have extra defensives and extra utility on raids. Still, I doubt it will ever came back as it was "very complex" (and a bit OP).

Hybernate: my most treasured moments on mop were very well timed hybernates that won me the match... hybernating the resto druid after displacer beast or a resto shaman in ghost form was really cool.

Tranquility: HotW + Tranq was a huge raid cooldown, I miss it mainly for PVE reasons, in PVP it wasn't that great since most of times people trained the feral.

I also miss thorns in the way it was on cata (pretty big damage, with a cooldown), nature's grasp and WotLK innervate (would actually recover a lot of mana) and would be fit in a world where those would return as talents. With no trade-offs I guess it would be far too much having 3 or more of those.

As a ret, I miss divine purpose breaking stuns when cast upon yourself, magic dispell, baseline repentance and the 9% increase in holy damage from vengeance.

I miss those moves too. I miss alter-time as well (I know the talent exists, but flameglow is still better), and frost/fire wards. Oh, and let's not forget frost nova! (if they removed ice nova, I wouldn't bat an eye)

Warlock: fel flame (totems/eat reflects, it would even be fine if it just did shit damage and didn't refresh UA or anything), shadowflame (my favorite slow), death coil base-line, shadow ward/fel ward.

@Knolan: I definitely miss having hibernate. It was insanely useful in PvP, even if only against certain classes.
    Last edited by Saladfork; 2015-08-10 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    I think they should simply add more talent rows with the prunned abilities. This would keep the number lower than MoP and give people some choice on how to play their chars. That being said, as a feral (in order):

Barkskin: having no defensive CDs to use when stunned it pretty annoying. It forces me to play defensively against any rogue comp and forces me to save my trinket for smoke bomb, I can't even trinket blind which may them be turned into a huge CC chain.

Symbiosis: I absolutely loved that skill, it was very nice to have extra defensives and extra utility on raids. Still, I doubt it will ever came back as it was "very complex" (and a bit OP).

Hybernate: my most treasured moments on mop were very well timed hybernates that won me the match... hybernating the resto druid after displacer beast or a resto shaman in ghost form was really cool.

Tranquility: HotW + Tranq was a huge raid cooldown, I miss it mainly for PVE reasons, in PVP it wasn't that great since most of times people trained the feral.

I also miss thorns in the way it was on cata (pretty big damage, with a cooldown), nature's grasp and WotLK innervate (would actually recover a lot of mana) and would be fit in a world where those would return as talents. With no trade-offs I guess it would be far too much having 3 or more of those.

I agree with most of these. Honestly, i feel like symbo's issue was the spells they chose, i always thought that was the coolest ability when i was playing druid too.

Hyb should 100% still be in the game.. scare beast too imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saladfork View Post
    I miss those moves too. I miss alter-time as well (I know the talent exists, but flameglow is still better), and frost/fire wards. Oh, and let's not forget frost nova! (if they removed ice nova, I wouldn't bat an eye)

Warlock: fel flame (totems/eat reflects, it would even be fine if it just did shit damage and didn't refresh UA or anything), shadowflame (my favorite slow), death coil base-line, shadow ward/fel ward.

@Knolan: I definitely miss having hibernate. It was insanely useful in PvP, even if only against certain classes.

I didnt put Alter in because it was soooo OP, i tried to keep to the utility and situationals.. but i agree i want that back as well. GIVE ME EVERYTHING.

fel flame for locks is huge, totem killer and bait out - it's basically the lock's fire blast and was only really op with snapshotting and refreshing full duration dots at the start of MoP, i think that got nerfed quick though. i just jump around if i get locked in shadow now.. if theres something im supposed to be doing i dunno what it is... health funnel? lol.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2015-08-10 at 06:40 PM.

Personally, I think almost everything lost was a bad thing to lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XorMalice View Post
    Personally, I think almost everything lost was a bad thing to lose.
    i dunno, amp and dampening can stay gone.

MANA DRAINS.. some people will mis-remember and romanticize drain comps.. they were bullsh*t and im glad burn and drain (and whatever hunter's drain was, lol) are gone.

I would give renew back to shadow. I still miss it when I have a free global or I just want to top myself off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from a Prot Warrior's PoV, put Shield Slam's dispel effect back into the ability itself, which also allows Glad Warriors to dispel with SS again. Also, re-add Disarm for Prot Warriors.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Renew for Disc. priests

Ghostly Strike for rogues.

Warlock would be backlash, felflame baseline deathcoil and howl of terror.
    Ret pally i miss auras, though i would change them to be personal and much more powerful on 20-30 second cooldown. Also missing dispelling magic effects on myself.
    Mage frostfirebolt for fire, arcane explosion for all specs, and different armors you could choose.

Also disarms was a horrible mistake to remove.

10+ Year Old Account
    For my monk it'll be Healing Spheres, Spinning Fire Blossom and Roll/FSK removing snares without the need of a glyph. Also disarm QQ

For my mage pretty much what OP mentioned + Alter Time and Temporal Shield as well as Evocation + self-heal.

Deleted
    Instant PoM and Renew for Shadow...

Deleted
    Channeled spells

pruning was needed, it was just done so god awfully bad

but I would want original windfury totem back

Losing fel flame and twilight ward was rough for my warlock. I think the prune was a good idea but they just picked the wrong things to prune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scatter Shot with the Classic Animation

Scare Beast just bcs. it was fun as Hell to fear a Feral