Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    BONES are for the DOG, MEAT is for the MAN shitlords.
    That saying is so silly. ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires
    First off healthy food IS a lot more expensive and that is a fact...
    Where I live, you can eat two healthy meals and spend less than a single BigMac.

"The closer to the bone the sweeter the meat" is what they used to say to make skinny girls feel better. Then again some were skinning because they couldn't get enough food.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
    Gaming isn't a healthy activity either, but I don't have the balls to speak out against it on a forum called "mmo-champion"
    Sure it is. It stimulates problem solving, hand-eye coordination and a bunch of other things.

Gaming for 8 hours a day isn't healthy...but then again running 8 hours a day isn't either.

Gaming isn't a healthy activity either, but I don't have the balls to speak out against it on a forum called "mmo-champion"
    Neither is sitting and working in an office. Gaming actually improves skills, so it's better than most activities. Whereas eating till you're four hundred pounds is extremely bad for you and burdens the people around you.

You can be extremely healthy gamer if you just exercised thirty or more minutes a day. Gaming doesn't cause problems by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Tax money goes into preventing their death. People spend countless amount of hours helping these people. This isn't fat people living in a vacuum. They affect everyone around them. It's like people who refuse to get vaccinated. They're hurting society.
    Nobody can deny that claim, but to say that obesity happens just because people have no self-control is being delusional and ignorant, (sure, that can be the case plenty of times, but it's not the only case)
    There is alot more to it, alot of people get obese from mental illness and depression as an example.
    Food costs and regulations of said food etc, america struggle with obesity because sugar is shoved into every product, with ridiculous amounts, amongst other kind of craps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    That saying is so silly. ~~
    Stop fat shaming me Cis scum.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    It can be healthy. I have a sit-down job, and we're actually required to stand and stretch periodically.

20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. While doing this, stand, stretch the wrists (we have specific exercises to prevent RSIs) and the legs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Your post is wrong in many ways and the fact that it is your opinion only shows your severe lack of knowledge on the subject. Genes play a HUGE factor in how you look and things like ACNE show that. It doesn't mean you are any less clean then someone with clear skin- it just means you got the short end of the stick.
    You're absolutely right. Genes play the lead role when it comes to your appearance, but being overweight isn't really just a "cosmetic" issue. It's not like you inherited an unalterable trait like the shape of your face or the colour of your eyes.

If both your parents are pale but you spend a lot of your time sunbathing, chances are you're going to be tan. If both your parents are fat but you eat right and exercise, chances are you're going to be fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm proud of who I am, regardless of weight and I don't care what some mouth breathers have to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Great -- are you going to pay for them? Because the rest of us do, either because they are uninsured, or because we have to make up the difference in the insurance pool.
    We pay for them anyways, shaming them doesn't do shit. So just let them die off from whatever they choose to kill themselves with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem in this thread seems to be that being overweight is some universal issue with a universal solution.

Although, fundamentally, the solution is burn more calories than you consume -- the ease of that solution isn't universal. There are some very legitimate and unfortunate reasons why people struggle with their weight that have nothing to do with how active they are. Similarly not everyone with the same BMI has the same level of health. You can carry some extra weight and be quite healthy.

Fat shaming just paints with a broad brush that really destroys any possibility for empathy and support for people who have more legitimate reasons for struggling with their weight than others.

That's where the middle approach needs to come into play.

If my tax money is going to be used to cover the health cost of the unhealthy obese then dam right being unhealthy obese needs to be shamed
    if being unhealthy obese doesn't effect me in anyway they can eat them selves to death all I care

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Letting them do that puts a huge drain on the economy and society. Medical costs related to obesity alone are becoming staggering numbers, and they only increase with each passing year.
    The medical costs are already there, they aren't going to increase by letting them be pieces of shit, shaming them doesn't help. Hell maybe we can convince them to eat more, or do more drugs, or smoke more often, help speed up the process of death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    We pay for them anyways, shaming them doesn't do shit. So just let them die off from whatever they choose to kill themselves with.
    Too black and white. Not enough gray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Bit of a silly thing to say with that signature. What a filthy hypocrite.
    There is a difference between being offended and being disgusted. I am not offended by fat people purposefully wearing clothing that shows of their obesity, but I am disgusted by it. Being offended refers to the idea behind something, while being disgusted is really just things that are not pleasing to the eye. Also, why does my post make me a hypocrite? Grasping at straws maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It's from Little Britain, which is a comedy show. It's supposed to be over the top.
    Ah, that makes sense now. Comedies are literally in the business of trying to offend and disgust people.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Being fat is a choice. A personal choice which harms society as a whole by draining taxpayer money and driving up medical costs.

It's exactly the same as tobacco smoking or drug abuse. No one is forcing you to do that to yourself.

Accept the shaming, because (unless you had diabetes since childhood, a glandular problem, or can't walk) you deserve it.
    ~RAWR!

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm fat as hell, got a 8 inch dick, make good money. Op can lick fat sweaty ass crack

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're obese, fat or chubby; it's your own fault
    Evidently you've never had issues with your weight. It's not all about lack of self control. Many times medical issues, or genetic factors are in play.

Don't be so ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    Being fat is a choice.
    Except it's not inn plenty of cases, claiming that is just being plain out ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Nobody can deny that claim, but to say that obesity happens just because people have no self-control is being delusional and ignorant, and sure(sure, that can be the case plenty of times, but it's not the only case)
    There is alot more to it, alot of people get obese from mental illness and depression as an example.
    Food costs and regulations of said food etc, america struggle with obesity because sugar is shoved into every product, with ridiculous amounts, amongst other kind of craps.
    And they don't exercise. Being lazy isn't a mental illness. (35%)78.6 million Americans are obese(69% of Americans are overweight)... They can't all have a mental illnesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.