View Poll Results: Which pick should I take in my snake draft?

Voters
5. This poll is closed
  • Pick 1

0 0%
  • Pick 2

0 0%
  • Pick 7

3 60.00%
  • Pick 9

2 40.00%
  • Pick 10

0 0%
  • Pick 11

0 0%
  • Pick 12

0 0%

Fantasy Football Draft position.

Our fantasy league does a snake draft, and this year we are playing with keepers turned on (5th round or later and give up a pick 2 rounds before where you drafted him last year). I chose to keep C.J. Anderson since I picked him up as a UDFA I only have to give up round 10 for him.

My question is in a snake draft which remaining pick would be best?

1, 2, 7, 9, 10, 11 or 12? I was thinking 7 or 1...but cannot seem to make up my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like being first or last because I end up having to make back-to-back picks for the whole draft and it makes it twice as hectic having to have two players ready to go despite a big gap between picks; it always ends up a mad scramble to get the picks in when one or both inevitably get taken while I'm waiting. I would prefer to have a more even interval between picks, so I'm voting 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 7, usually having a better overall team is the best idea instead of just having the best overall player. Not to mention most people are going with Adrian Peterson Round 1 and I'd hate to be wagering that much on AP and just not being 100% certain on him right now after sitting out for a while. He should be great, but you never know. 7 seems like right in the middle, you should get good picks every round.

I also like middle, having only 1 pick in the top 23 always had me hazy, but 2 in the top 13 feels less of a burden, unless you have a fall off.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I'd say 7-8 is a good spot. But the lack of top-end RBs this year is making me consider flipping that and saying 3-4 is best.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I went with 7th pick. I figure I can go for a RB if there's a good option still available at 7 or snatch up Antonio Brown who will likely still be available.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You are all crazy. Back-to-back picks are the best because you don't have to worry about the second pick being sniped. Ultimately the draft position depends on the size of your league.

* OP is a in a 12-teamer.
    * Some of those managers are bound to reach for unworthy players in the first 2 rounds
    * There's roughly 20-22 truly elite level players

He should take position 1 or 2 in the draft. Why? If a handful of managers reach in the first 2 rounds, he should be able to snatch a pretty decent player with his 3rd pick.

I'd never willingly take the 7th-10th picks in a 12-teamer.

In a 10-teamer, I'd still want 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

In an 8-teamer, congrats, everyone has an all-star team, take the last pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lespaul5895 View Post
    I went with 7th pick. I figure I can go for a RB if there's a good option still available at 7 or snatch up Antonio Brown who will likely still be available.
    RB1s like Demarco Murray/Shady, Matt Forte, CJ Anderson, Forsett, Frank Gore will still be available. I have Antonio Brown at 12 overall and someone will definitely reach for him, so I doubt you'd get him on the way back.

The good news is Antonio Brown isn't really that much more valuable than Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Odell Beckham Jr, or a QB like Luck. Whatever you do, don't bother reaching for Gronk in the 2nd round. Hope he's still on the board in the 3rd round, otherwise you're looking at Jimmy Graham in the 4th or just flat out waiting for junk in a late-middle round.

Just remember that FFB is won via free agency and waivers and not draft position.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2015-08-16 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Just remember that FFB is won via free agency and waivers and not draft position.
    Another reason I prefer drafting in the middle, how much will it matter any way? I like to have a nice steady pace between my picks and avoid the ~20 pick gaps, just for it to be less stressful.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately you're drafting based on points value weighed against need and replacement scarcity. Picking first gives you more estimated value since the first rounds are top heavy. Using a 10-point scale, there's only so many +7s. Drafting first gives you the pick of +8s, and two +6s following. Drafting 7th gives you two +7s and a +5.

Going back-to-back helps you get late round sleepers when stddev starts equalling value.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2015-08-16 at 08:21 PM.