Horde Ring power question

Dear esteemed Mage council,

Once again, I appeal to the wisdom of the mage council to help this lowly semi-casual mage. With the advent of rings, what with their 2 minute CD, is it better to only use my 1.5 min cd only when rings are available or should I use my burst phase as soon as possible. Assuming, of course, there isn't some pivotal burst phase in the encounter where we need to hold off for a little bit. For sake of clarity too boot, let's pretend those awkward moments where the burst phase takes longer than expected for whatever reason don't factor in. (Arcane main spec, but frost off spec (same cooldown durations however!)

I ask this because sharing my ring cd is... confusing me. A lot of other dps (especially ret paladins) have different durations. Secondly, is having a ring leader of a class other than my own detrimental to my dps? Or is it just a matter of personal dps is worth less than the needs of the whole / dps glory hog ret pally. Mind you, my dps isn't terrible. But it could be refined.

Best,
    Last edited by NewOrleansTrolley; 2015-08-11 at 01:26 PM.

arcane, delay 30s to line up PC n AP with ring.

frost, do not delay icy veins for ring.

ring is a raid CD , it should not be treated as a personal dps cd, usually, it is best used as soon as it is up or in conjunction with bloodlust or when the time where high priority target spawns. The raid leader should plan ahead for every encounter so everyone will adjust accordingly whether to hold personal CDs to line up with ring or not.

someone else should use it if the designated player is targetted by boss mechanic, because usually the guy popping it treat it as a personal and use at his own discretion instead of popping when it is intended, this is very detrimental to the whole raid .
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2015-08-11 at 02:47 PM.