Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Demonology was too meta focused imo.

Build up demonic fury, meta, demon bolt, rinse and repeat. Your minion barely mattered.

I hope they revamp demo into a sort of general with a small army at his beck and call and one beefy, hard hitting bodyguard.

Demonic version of Undead Army, an ability similar to the dire beast from the hunter talent tree, empowering your minions to apply shadowflame, etc.
    I think they should just remove meta altogether tbh, make the spec about the demon, put all the power behind the demon. I remember way back when a Lock's Felguard did 50% of your damage, and you could just let it loose in a BG and it would tear everyone a new asshole. I remember when coming against a Lock fearing the demon, not the player. That's how it should be with Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I actually didnt do it to be rude. Whatever way you want to read it is up to you.

I used merit because there is no where in your first post i see anything backing up your statements. Just you saying stuff you dont like and calling them facts:

1st. random fact:
    "they completely destroy it to make a completely new demon hunter class"

2nd.:
    "It already sucks that everyone one of their specs has a better, stronger and more durable pet than ours but then do give them this option as well?"

3rd:
    "I mean all this sucks, but what sucks even more is the fact that hunters are the ones who need a revamp the least."

4th:
    "but what sucks more is the fact that they purposely let demo get to this crappy state it's in to justify removing it's theme and giving to demon hunters"

Here are 4 baseless facts that you dont even care trying to argument for. You jsut fire them off as facts and geet offended when someone calls you out for it
    Truth needed to be said. Too many people pushing around opinions as fact, when it couldn't be further from the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molagzhul View Post
    warlocks were once mages who decided to pursue demonic magics instead of following the arcane path.
    Since when are casters proficient in melee combat?

Rexxar, the most popular beast master character in warcraft, is a melee, dual weilding half-orc, with a pet........
    The bm spec should have been melee a long time ago, this is overdue and finally going to make sense.

Taking the iconic demon hunter class and making it a single spec for one specific class is a dishonor to what is really is.
    Demon hunters seek to eliminate all demonic beings and are examples of becoming what you hate.
    Demonology warlocks seek to harness the power of demons to do their bidding.
    Illidan in particular acquired some warlock abilities and demonic powers because of the path he took, he believed that in order to defeat his enemy he had to use their power against them. What better way to understand your enemy?

Demon hunters are in no way affiliated with warlocks and in fact i think that if not for our common goals, warlocks would become prey to demon hunters.
    this a million times this
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Build up demonic fury, meta, demon bolt, rinse and repeat. Your minion barely mattered.

there was for a period in WoD where going demon bolt wasnt the way to go. as a demo lock you played servic/servitude, so the majority of your damage came from your pet/pets (being the doomguard), while i wasnt overly found of these talent choices, this allowed demo locks to do constant damage through the use of a heavy hitting pet and then use meta as a burst type CD (with the only CD restriction being resources). in another thread someone mentioned putting it back on a CD and doing away with DF. i think having the spec focus mainly on pets would be cool, but even BM has a big dick dps CD in bestial wrath, which i believe they should turn meta into. once every minute or so you can use meta to turn into something that resembles the demons you're able to control to gain a damage buff for both you and your pet. while it isnt anything super new in the game (as i mentioned earlier, pmuch exactly the same thing as bestial wrath) it'd make the spec more pet based while still allowing warlocks to have a burst CD.

people keep saying do away with meta, but give no "replacement" move, or ideas for a new one. I'm fine with doing away with meta, that doesnt bother me. but i'm not fine with just having no replacement move. so lets hope blizzard, if they do remove it, gives us something in exchange that works as a burst CD.
    Last edited by goldfishie; 2015-08-12 at 11:01 PM.

Demonology was too meta focused imo.

I hope they revamp demo into a sort of general with a small army at his beck and call and one beefy, hard hitting bodyguard.

Demonic version of Undead Army, an ability similar to the dire beast from the hunter talent tree, empowering your minions to apply shadowflame, etc.
    When I think of demonology warlock the way I like it to be, its something like witch doctor with 21 pets (fetish army glyph). Doing huge amount of damage with pets while multidotting and empowering your pets. stuff like original hand of gul'dan aura and buff to shadowbite with your shadowy dots.

Being melee as demonology is cool, but it just doesn't fit in WOW as a spec for warlocks! A revamp and removal of metamorphosis is really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfishie View Post
    there was for a period in WoD where going demon bolt wasnt the way to go. as a demo lock you played servic/servitude, so the majority of your damage came from your pet/pets (being the doomguard), while i wasnt overly found of these talent choices, this allowed demo locks to do constant damage through the use of a heavy hitting pet and then use meta as a burst type CD (with the only CD restriction being resources). in another thread someone mentioned putting it back on a CD and doing away with DF. i think having the spec focus mainly on pets would be cool, but even BM has a big dick dps CD in bestial wrath, which i believe they should turn meta into. once every minute or so you can use meta to turn into something that resembles the demons you're able to control to gain a damage buff for both you and your pet. while it isnt anything super new in the game (as i mentioned earlier, pmuch exactly the same thing as bestial wrath) it'd make the spec more pet based while still allowing warlocks to have a burst CD.

people keep saying do away with meta, but give no "replacement" move, or ideas for a new one. I'm fine with doing away with meta, that doesnt bother me. but i'm not fine with just having no replacement move. so lets hope blizzard, if they do remove it, gives us something in exchange that works as a burst CD.
    It's basically wrath and cata version of warlock, spcly cata with addition of mastery to the game. pop meta, fly on numbers. Its not bad on its own, but back in the day (again spcly in cata cuz of how important mastery was to this playstyle) demo's casterform damage was shit compared to when you could use your CD. It ends up being a cosmetic thing if you want both big damage in caster form and meta as a CD, because balance?
    the coolest thing I can imagine (for my own taste) with meta still existing in demo's rotation as a CD, is that you almost same damage in both forms but meta doing a bit more ( so you're not tied to meta and fukd if there is important targets w/o meta ready) but when you press it, you soak/absorb your demons in a cool animation and become a burning purple demon and do some damage, and when the duration ends, you spit out demons out of your body and keep going!! other than that, no, lets not have meta anymore, all the problems blizz had with this spec is due to this very ability! all those overreacts every time they saw demos on top! so yeah, no more!
    Last edited by Akakishin; 2015-08-13 at 05:59 AM.
    green is the color!

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I think they should just remove meta altogether tbh, make the spec about the demon, put all the power behind the demon. I remember way back when a Lock's Felguard did 50% of your damage, and you could just let it loose in a BG and it would tear everyone a new asshole. I remember when coming against a Lock fearing the demon, not the player. That's how it should be with Demo.
    I remember saccing my pet with a Demonology tree talent, I remember parking my blueberry over in a corner near the heals so I could tank right in the middle of the AE kill zone as a 31 point Demo lock, that is how it should be with Demo.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the complaint is here? They're making a drastic change to a Hunter spec, creating DHs, and you're upset because you might be losing Metamorphosis - I don't get whether your comparison for complaint is because it doesn't go far enough, or because it goes too far.

My sense from Hunters - even from those not completely outraged - is that the melee spec probably isn't going to be the most popular spec in the game, since players that play Hunters tend not to be the type to be big on melee. It, coming in competing with DHs and the other 11 current melee specs just doesn't seem a well thought out decision for a class that has no real ranged history. I wouldn't be jealous of that. I won't argue that they do need a revamp, all three specs are quite similar; this seems a pretty poor answer however.

As for Demo, we'll have to wait and see. They've done far, far too much with the class over the past couple of expansions; I would love for them to just polish up and smooth things out instead of going nuts all over again and seeing the spec hotfixed weekly for the first tier while they struggle to get it right. It gets frustrating, and I can't see Artifacts lending themselves well to that level of abuse.

@Jessicka

I suppose the dilemma Blizzard face with Hunters is that unlike magic users, there are only so many ways to shoot arrows at a target. A melee spec for a class with little melee history (or even ability) seems like a strange choice, but it'll be interesting to see how they balance the DPS output between Hunter and pet - does the Hunter pin the target or does the pet pin the target? This change might even encourage me to roll Hunter (for the first time since I started in Vanilla, lol).

As for Demonology, I for one will be glad to see Metamorphosis go. For me it was a bad idea from day one - it didn't fit the spec, and stance-dancing was (to me) intensely awkward and irritating.

While there aren't a lot of ways to shoot an arrow at a target, that is more of a lore problem. I think that there can be a lot of variety in gameplay, even with a concept as simple as shoot an arrow in the target. Such things don't translate well, however, to broad descriptions of classes. The real problem with hunters was that the gameplay was so similar between the three specs. The abilities had different names, but the general idea was the same. Secondary resources can help with gameplay. At some point, warlocks are all just characters that cast spells at a target, but there is a very big difference between demo warlock's demonic fury management, the destro warlock's ember management, and affliction's ... well, dotting things and praying for a couple soul shard procs so they can cast a Haunt or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyptheria View Post
    @Jessicka

I suppose the dilemma Blizzard face with Hunters is that unlike magic users, there are only so many ways to shoot arrows at a target. A melee spec for a class with little melee history (or even ability) seems like a strange choice, but it'll be interesting to see how they balance the DPS output between Hunter and pet - does the Hunter pin the target or does the pet pin the target? This change might even encourage me to roll Hunter (for the first time since I started in Vanilla, lol).

As for Demonology, I for one will be glad to see Metamorphosis go. For me it was a bad idea from day one - it didn't fit the spec, and stance-dancing was (to me) intensely awkward and irritating.
    Actually Survival has quite a bit of melee history their 31 point talent in vanilla was a melee move, Lacerate, it was terrible but that is beside the point. Hunters as a whole had an entire melee toolkit, limited sure but complete.

I'm perfectly OK with Meta removal as long as the spec is viable ... actually nah I'd even be OK with Demo becoming what it was pre-meta the spec you went heavy in when you wanted to completely ignore incoming damage and were ok with things taking a while to die.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2015-08-14 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    I can't see many hunters taking a melee spec

It would mean not having their usual playstyle of being able to run around casting everything on the move and laughing at all the other ranged casters who actually have to take notice of encounter mechanics that restrict their dps by having to choose whether to cast or move out of the fire

I never understood why that hasn't ever changed, particularly when they said for Draenor they wanted to restrict mobility (permanent KJC was apparently OP so they made it not worth taking at all)

Oh hang on, yes, hunter, most played ranged, yep, that's why - too many subs to lose
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2015-08-15 at 10:59 AM.