Priests should get Race-based Artifacts, not Spec-based

It sounds outlandish. And I know Blizzard is unlikely to do it because it's going to take more work.

But honestly, it's the most fitting.

No Human/Dwarf(/Gnome) is going to want to wield an Elune-inspired item and no Night-Elf (or Worgen*) is going to want to wield another Exodar-Life Staff or something.

*Sure Worgen were likely followers of the Church of Light when they were humans, but with their rekindling in Darnassus, Worgen Druids, Worgen Sentinels (see Feathermoon Stronghold), entirely plausible Worgen Priests now associate with Elune.

And in the same mindset, those who follow the Forgotten Shadow absolutely don't want anything involving the Light (or Elune).

P.S. Goblin Artifact should be a staff with a glitzed out dollar-sign ($) at the top of it. The Church of Greed and Money belongs to all.

you think a bloodelf paladin wants to weild ashbringer? or a dwarven shaman doomhammer? You get what you get.
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

This xpac is all about Class identity, not Race identity.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Torch068 View Post
    ...The Church of Greed and Money belongs to all.
    Kanye the Giant: The only Gods are "Money and Bitches".

Quote Originally Posted by Jmills View Post
    But the priest class identity is heavily tied to race, unlike most every other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    you think a bloodelf paladin wants to weild ashbringer? or a dwarven shaman doomhammer? You get what you get.
    The issue though is that while a dwarf receiving doomhammer sounds ridiculous, dwarf shammies commune worth the same elements as horde shammies, and faction drama aside, we can all agree in how important thrall and his connection to the elements is.

Ashbringer is similarly cross faction important as a weapon of holy light power. Blood knights and sunwalkers may have a different idea of where their holy light comes from, but ashbringer is a weapon of ultimate holy power.

By contrast, priests gain their power from very different sources. Naaru draenei, elude night elves, loa trolls, sun tauren, etc. It would be completely out of place to have a night elf with a loa staff, or a tauren with a Naaru mace because those entities do not grant power to those races.

Imagine praying to amaterasu with a cross, or ganesh with an ankh

I cant believe how people always want more... we get 1 weapon per spec so 32 different weapon with lots of customization, what you are asking for is a total of 416 different weapon... (13 race x 32 weapon ) be more realistic.

if they made it race specific we would have 13 different weapon instead of 32

Also the most important thing " The game is not even in beta yet " so wait and see

In all honesty NONE of us should be wielding these weapons anyways.

Or Praying to the All-Father with a star of David. Indeed, it is silly, but it's no more silly than the idea of Dwarves getting the doomhammer and Bitchelves getting ashbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Torch068 View Post
    But the priest class identity is heavily tied to race, unlike most every other class.
    True, but so are Paladins. Its a tough one when a Class revolves around "religions"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
    And why is that?
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Deleted
    Blizz could use re-skins to introduce race specific themes. As patches come out in Legion blizz could increase the amount of variations of artifact models. Although race specific re-skins would be unlikely, it is a cool idea.

Now that is about as concise and clear as can get. Hopefully people with corny ideas will get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthvador View Post
    I cant believe how people always want more... we get 1 weapon per spec so 32 different weapon with lots of customization, what you are asking for is a total of 416 different weapon... (13 race x 32 weapon ) be more realistic.

if they made it race specific we would have 13 different weapon instead of 32

Also the most important thing " The game is not even in beta yet " so wait and see
    You are already training for tha "It's only beta" attitude?

Also you have to consider that while it is true that we get 32 different weapons, thats basically all. No new weapons throught the whole expension.
    And that also means no transmog ability of the other 29 weapons that are available.

So the downsite of this feature is: No new weapons to transmog to that are comning from themed raids. Like troll weapons, mogu weapons, elven weapons, demon weapons and so on.

In fact while we are getting these artefacts we are still getting less options this expension in terms of weapon designs.

So while some lucky races get an artefact that suites them pretty well: Human Paladins, Orc Shamans for example, everyone else are not that lucky.

I realy hope that there will be more appearence choices later for teh artifacts that change their look and origin drastically. So instead of an Ashbringer it becoms ... for example a Quel'Delar type sword.

But I really doubt that will happen, so bloodelves will be stuck with Ashbringer, while Draenei Shamans and Dwarfs need to wield a Doomhammer.

Personally I find it very odd that an addon focused on class identity is bringing in weapons that are mainly known for their race identity.

And why is that?
    Because it makes no sense for 1 million people to be waving around Ashbringer, let alone for it to be made of fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    I do actually have the bad feeling that priests will get a one-hand mace instead of a staff :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
    After the 10 second excitement during reveal, I thought the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alynee View Post
    I do actually have the bad feeling that priests will get a one-hand mace instead of a staff :/
    Pretty sure there will be at least one spec with a staff and one with a mace. Who gets what is still a mystery.

You're talking about taking the weapon/ornament from the greatest priest whoever lived. So you'll be holding Prince Anduin Wrynn's glowing lolly pop.

It is a good point though. It's like with garrisons they focused very heavily on faction identy while completely ignoring racial identity, now with weapons they are focusing heavily on class identy but not race identity.

I really feel Blizzard keeps missing the mark when it comes to racial identity. I know for me personally race is an important part of my characters, but once you are out of the starting zones race ceases to matter entirely. No difference between being an undead warlock or a belf warlock whatsoever.

Deleted
    Maybe the next xpac after Legion will focus on race identity along class and for every spec AND race you will get a different artifact, but that's sooo much work to do for one simple xpac unfortunately . There would be what, 36 specs multiplied by 11 races?